Morris Chestnut

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

I might be getting a copy of this plus about 10 other very obscure 45s from the states....fingers crossed from a friend.

I would like to know a price please on a 'too darn soulful'

thank you

mel

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Check here https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php...amp;x=0&y=0

to see what the last 9 copies fetched on ebay. Nice issue amongst 'em :shades:

£400 for an issue, reckon that is or was a bit on cheap side. Used to be about £400 for demo but there has beeen few about in last couple of years. £250/£300 now for demo? I would have said £600 for issue but not so sure now.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Cheers Chalky

at present Im looking at an issue.......

Hi

There are two DEMO's, one of which does look like a Stock Copy from the "TOO DARN SOULFUL" side. AMY_981b_DJ.jpg

However, it has "PLUG SIDE" on the "YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE" Side.

981 Is a styrene Monarch & Delta # 65704 on one side & 65704-X the other.

The strange thing is (considering that the other DEMO has the Labels Reversed) is that the PLUG SIDE has 65704-X.

The -X following a Delta Number, normally denotes the B Side?

AMY 981 is Styrene with a "B" Matrix STAMPED in the Deadwax Has the Labels Reversed

AMY_AMY-981b_DJ.jpg

The Blue Label AMY Stock copy is the rarest and hardest to obtain. A Friend of mine had this years ago, the only time I've seen one, other than a scan.

I've got both DEMO's in the collection, the Blue AMY Stock Copy is virtually impossible, hope you find one.

The Blue AMY scan below is from Popsike.com

4838961886.jpg

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php...x=0&y=0

IT'S ALWAYS WORTH A LOOK ON POPSIKE.COM WHEN VALUING RECORDS

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

£400 for an issue, reckon that is or was a bit on cheap side. Used to be about £400 for demo but there has beeen few about in last couple of years. £250/£300 now for demo? I would have said £600 for issue but not so sure now.

I thought it was cheap too for an issue Chalky.... especially as it was me selling it :thumbsup::thumbsup: ....

Ah well.... should have put it on John Manship's site instead :thumbsup: ....

Social source share

Records like this are the core of the Northern Soul scene, quality pure and simple, i have a Pink Demo as the bottom scan supplied here but have also had a coule of copies again Pink ones with the labels reversed still sold well for around £150.00 even back a few years ago now, found two of them next to each other at a record store on West 63rd Street, Chicago (not the Record Dugout either) for $4.00 each and yet the guy would not sell me The Fasinators - In Other Words for any amount of money....lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I thought it was cheap too for an issue Chalky.... especially as it was me selling it :thumbsup::thumbsup: ....

Ah well.... should have put it on John Manship's site instead :yes: ....

Another one for the "Greatest mistakes I ever made" catagory, eh Mark :thumbsup:

Social source share

Another one for the "Greatest mistakes I ever made" catagory, eh Mark :thumbsup:

Probably Trev, nah, definately pal :yes: .... but it was a "must do" situation, along with Tan Geers and a few others at that time, to get some ready cash for some earmarked potential purchases so soon after Christmas expenses on the kids :thumbsup: ....

I think it would've been a fair few weeks before a sale on JM's with the waiting list for additions to the auction site :yes: ....

Pasified myself with their replacements though I think :thumbsup: ....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert