Fantastic Four - Auction 45 ?

Jim Elliott

56 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Cult sound around the North West early 90's when Guy was playing it at Tony's Empress Ballroom, and easily available for a tenner at the time - remember even then thinking it was a tenner well spent, and still not one I'd part with easily

Hi Chris

Jock Oconnor and Adey Harley were playing it at Shotts mid to late 80,s,you are right,gained a cult following then and now it seems demand is very high, IMHO though "Goddess of love" is the best thing they did, the postage would cost more than the record

Kev

Edited by kev cane
additional info
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, kev cane said:

Hi Chris

Jock Oconnor and Adey Harley were playing it at Shotts mid to late 80,s,you are right,gained a cult following then and now it seems demand is very high, IMHO though "Goddess of love" is the best thing they did, the postage would cost more than the record

Kev

Hi Kev, 

I'd say the same about 'As long as I live', which you can still pick up for pennies. Also 'Just another lonely night' - cheap as chips, and what a voice James Epps had - not many better IMO

Cheers, Chris.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, kev cane said:

Hi Chris

Kev

Good shout Kev....'i love you madly' one of my many favourites by them....got my 'live up ..." off Roger Banks £6....but i stupidly parted with it  years later...my mate found me with my head slumped on a table in the glorious Red Bar Wakefield...moaning 'why,why oh why'...as this was playing out of the speakers...:(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just now, lfcjunkie said:

Good shout Kev....'i love you madly' one of my many favourites by them....got my 'live up ..." off Roger Banks £6....but i stupidly parted with it  years later...my mate found me with my head slumped on a table in the glorious Red Bar Wakefield...moaning 'why,why oh why'...as this was playing out of the speakers...:(

Likewise here Dave, bought for buttons but relented to a good offer, suppose that's one of the downsides to this mad mad world of collecting soul vinyl:yes:

Kev

Social source share

Guest Paul Franklin

So by this logic my copy of cant stop looking for my baby must now be now worth just a fiver. And my Fantastic Four LP  on Ric Tic should be £1k on Manships auction? 

Social source share

On 2/23/2016 at 09:49, kev cane said:

Hi Chris

Kev

That's where I heard it first. 6 pounds from Roger Banks in Allanton record bar.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!