Northern Soul Memrobillia Wanted ( Swap - Buy )

Hi all ,

Not been a member on here for a long time , but have been an old soulie for 43 years .. since I bought my first single at the age of 15 -   The Isley Brothers   " Tell me it's just a Rumour " and then visiting the Dixieland in Southport every week ...  which was a long way for a 16 year old to go from Liverpool on a Monday night :) , but my Dad and Mum always thought I was playing Subbuteo at a mates .... Happy Days .

Well......  many years have past and lots more vinyl bought , like most on here , and I got to visit most of the venues that came and went except the Wheel ....as I was in short trousers back then .... come to think of it, I am still on them most of the time now .. so not a lot has changed :) 

I have now amassed a fair collection of vinyl, which is constantly being added to like most .. and also collected a fair amount of memorabilia of soul music items , not just Northern  .. I do though, have a fair amount of doubles of badges / tickets / membership cards and flyers from all years dating from the 70's onwards.. this stuff is never going out of the country to Japan or abroad nor will it find its way on to eBay. But it will be passed down to my 17 year old son , who like me, is already collecting vinyl and has made me include my collection in my will now :) ( sorry daughters you get the Boxed matchbox cars, the A & BC bubble gum sets and the signed footie programmes) :thumbsup: 

If anyone else on here collects Northern memorabilia,  and has similar stuff,  in either duplicates to swap or has stuff to sell,  then please get in touch .

I know eBay is the first place to try your luck and maybe hit the widest audience for stuff , but if you have stuff that I would want , I would be prepared to pay eBay prices without the fees .. or most of all swap with like minded Old Soul Boys .  It can sometimes be all about the money nowadays and I understand that perfectly .... and I would never want to leave any kind of transaction with an unfair feeling on either side , so it's all about keeping both sides happy ..  I have managed to make some good contacts with like minded individuals on this site , thanks for that .. so if there any others that have or need anything special , please feel free to PM me .

Just as a footnote ..saw Alexander O'Neal at the weekend at XOYO in London ..even with bad sound he blasted it .. 63 and still sweating :) 

KTF

photo of vinyl.JPG

Edited by stevegods
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dixieland Showbar. Takes me back. I was living in Aughton til xmas 1974. It was never an out 'n out soul night though. Dj Happy would play the latest Mud chart single next to Jackie Wilson or the Invitations. Downstairs at the Scarisbrick Hotel had a weekly soul night of the funky variety. 

I had to wait until I moved to Warrington to get a twice weekly Northern Soul night, at the Carlton Club, plus many other nights in the vicinity.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Haha ... nice one ... and I used to also go to downstairs at the "Brick " as well ... some good nights their but boy did that place get sweaty !!! Dixieland on a Monday evening turned into a quite a good little Northern Night ..before Wigan opened .. but didn't go on till late .. and was a long bus ride back to L'pool still off your face ... and sometimes missing your stop :) .. until I copped off with a girl from Crossens ... and then could stay over and bunk off work... ahh they where the days ..  

Also Aughton Chase was a good disco night .. on a Wednesday's I think  ??  ... upmarket " Totty " night  ..    

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert