Four Real Inc. - The Man - Soul Junction

A big favourite for a few years on the funk and crossover scene, this Richard Popcorn Wylie written, T Hollis produced song is a stunner. The group was made up with some members of an earlier Detroit group The Tempos. The lead singer on this is also the label owner, one David Lenyard aka Buford 'Fab' Glatton, who started life in the Detroit group called the Moments, that later became The Tempos. Also right at the beginning of the song there is a rap with a number of the group and Popcorn himself can be heard in there.

The flip has a new one on me from Larry Wright of A Go Go fame. Pretty, oh so soulful midtempo winner and another Richard Wylie production. So come March 7th get your orders in for another great release from the little label with a big heart.

Well done John, David & Co

56b8e69634499_fourrealincsouljunction193

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Dave Thorley said:

A big favourite for a few years on the funk and crossover scene, this Richard Popcorn Wylie written, T Hollis produced song is a stunner. The group was made up with some members of an earlier Detroit group The Tempos. The lead singer on this is also the label owner, one David Lenyard aka Buford 'Fab' Glatton, who started life in the Detroit group called the Moments, that later became The Tempos. Also right at the beginning of the song there is a rap with a number of the group and Popcorn himself can be heard in there.

The flip has a new one on me from Larry Wright of A Go Go fame. Pretty, oh so soulful midtempo winner and another Richard Wylie production. So come March 7th get your orders in for another great release from the little label with a big heart.

Well done John, David & Co

56b8e69634499_fourrealincsouljunction193

Nice one Dave.

More good stuff from Soul Junction.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi All  While we are giving SOUL JUNCTION REORDS the thumbs up, after seeing Dave last Saturday at the STABLES, in with the pile of 45s that I got from him is the great unreleased Betty Boo - My Man Flint  J1003 a 5 star 45 that won't disappoint any dancer,or indeed collector of DETROIT records as this has been unreleased for ever & may I say it's a must have record, well it's recommended by me so don't delay buy it to-day. KTF Dave K

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!