Four Sonics-Triple B

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

22 minutes ago, ady croasdell said:

Do all copies of Where Are You sound Godawful? Bad mastering presumably, the flip's fine

Yes, as far as I remember it does saturate on the highs and it's rather sad since it's the take I like best. I'll dig my copy and check if my last conversion and improvement on my tonearm and turntable will read this capricious styrene better and more properly or not. Will let you know with an mp3 recording.

Social source share

Here t'is with both sides in one clip. 4 sonics.mp3 Straight out of my turntable and amp. Requires good speakers on your computer though. 

I think it plays better on this last "set-up" improved phono. Now depending what you call the flip. But there are definitely issues in the process of the recording and/or mastering. The 'blue velvet' side is absolutely messy. At the end of the song there are major dilemmas between the right and left channels and my needle and cartridge read mono !

Social source share

13 minutes ago, ady croasdell said:

That sounds loads better than listening to my record but have you worked on it as such? Could you send me an MP3 of it raw and unimproved so I can compare please? Thanks very much 

This is from my set-up (not reworked) as such; turntable: Thorens TD160 'Super', tonearm: SME 3009 S2 converted into a heavy mass, headshell: Ortofon SPU 'G' model, cartridge Denon DL-102 (MONO), through a Isem 'Modulis' pre-amp (frequencies set to my taste), amplifier Etalon 'Exampli' then through passive volume "modulator" and straight into my mac using Audacity program without anything. It took me enough time, studying (I'm not a tech geek one bit) and little money spent here and there to add-up to a lot of dosh in the end to build up a proper home phono to read RIGHT those old USA 45 we love so much. There can be justice in this world sometimes. Sound reading of vinyls and styrene starts with the needle drop and everything that comes in between it and the speakers will challenge what you hear. Then there's the room and it's acoustic characteristics...All this I do know very well now. I will have to re-record them again so I will be able to send you a full and heavy recording of it since I never keep those full and heavy 'WAV' files. I will let you know when it's there for you.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert