• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Steve G said:

75 for the Magnicients. Delta numbers on my copy says so. 

Chalky has it as June 76 from his calculations Steve. Do you have the Eddie Parker But If You Must Go? I'd like to date that too please.

When was the Smith Bros played at Cleethorpes covered up as the Magnificents? If a few months or more before June 76 (assuming that's correct) then Jack may have done them to order?

Social source share

Nice one Ady.

I'd love to know the facts behind these two releases.

Lorraine Chandler (Lorchand on here) wrote and produced TCBABW.

She wrote on a YouTube page: "Sorry, I wrote, produced and published the song. I swear, I know my Smith Brothers when I hear them. These are not The Magnificents." Lorraine Chandler

She wrote on SS "

"I have no idea who gave whom the masters and would like to know who authorize the Smith Bros. to be renamed the Magnificents. This is the same record, recorded by the Smith Bros. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with MAM, please help me with the information. I've found no address or telephone number on the west coast that is legitimate. To state it clearly once again, it is the same record done by the Smith Bros."

Interesting earlier thread (which I'm sure you will have seen) states that when it was covered by John Manship he had acetates done as the Magnificents.

Neil Rushton says Jack did 500 off around 1976.

Love the record!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

4 hours ago, ady croasdell said:

Chalky has it as June 76 from his calculations Steve. Do you have the Eddie Parker But If You Must Go? I'd like to date that too please.

When was the Smith Bros played at Cleethorpes covered up as the Magnificents? If a few months or more before June 76 (assuming that's correct) then Jack may have done them to order?

Delta 99892….Does anyone have dates for Monarch 70s records.

I only have Eddie Parker on the album, but yes.

Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert