Larry Clinton "She's Wanted" ISSUE on JM Auction

Jim G

12 hours ago, sheldonsoul said:

Think your spot on rhino a few people on here seem to think that they are God almighty and are only to quick to pull you up on the slightest wrong word even though people are just Discussing a topic !

I don't think discussing should have a capital :thumbup::thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 10January, 2016 at 21:21, rhino said:

only said as a small time COLLECTOR i was interested in what price it was going to fetch. Same as look through other websites and on here to see whats certain records ive got that are mention and what value they are and if i want to see a few bit im bored with and get new stuff. Never once moaned about prices on manships site or idiots being ripped off on ebay at the end of the day its only worth what someones prepared to pay. sorry soul police for putting my opinion on a record forum  :shhh::shhh::shhh::sleep3::sleep3:

On 10January, 2016 at 21:30, rhino said:

lol pete just couldn't see what my post had to do with his point. 

Only just picked up on this.. I wasn't actually attacking anyone's specific post at all, so on the one hand apologies if that's how it came across. On the other hand, my inference is that all too often on Soul Source the weight of opinion seems to be very much against "oldies" and venues or DJs who play them. Contemptuous might be a better word... 

…except when those "oldies" have a perceived high market value. It smacks only of money and status-chasing.

Social source share

4 hours ago, Russell Gilbert said:

Only just picked up on this.. I wasn't actually attacking anyone's specific post at all, so on the one hand apologies if that's how it came across. On the other hand, my inference is that all too often on Soul Source the weight of opinion seems to be very much against "oldies" and venues or DJs who play them. Contemptuous might be a better word... 

…except when those "oldies" have a perceived high market value. It smacks only of money and status-chasing.

im not against oldies and have been to many an oldies event. Whether it be syder turner "cant make it any more" to this "shes want" its not about the price it whether i like the record. never been a trophy hunter when it comes to  buying records but its whether i like the record and if i think its worth it as for larry clinton good record but would pay the money they for it when i could get 15/20 good records i like just as much and enjoy just as much if not more 

Social source share

On 1/11/2016 at 09:50, bo diddley said:

I think that last time on the JM auction 2 years ago it finished at almost £7,500. So, on that basis, if the commission is 20% (it may have been negotiated/discounted down due to the potential sale price) it would need to reach £9,375 ( £9,375 less 20% = £7,500) as a break-even deal. However, the owner has had the use and enjoyment of owning the record, which has got to be worth something.

Thanks, so seller will need about £10.000, wonder if it ill ?

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith
On 10 January 2016 at 12:29, hammie said:

That was it Arthur, Mick Smith had some of the collection, Rob Thomas had a few as well. At the time I bought Honey & the Bees - Dynamite Exploded and Sonny Herman - Utopia from Mick.  I saw the stuff Rob had a couple of weeks later at Derek Allen's soul nite

in Hinckley, Rob had some top oldies in the box for sale including the Larry Clinton issue. 

Chadwick ?

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Can't  ever see that making  that price  again , mega dance tune , but for me  nah. I could buy  so many records  and buy a car - holiday  and buy a new boot  of  that on  eBay (soon watch this space).   Cheers.   Ps  it will say larry Clinton   Mint-  rare 7ts press, looks unplayed

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Demos seem to be fetching around the £5500 mark these days, so if you assume that's a reasonably accurate benchmark, £7300 seems like a small increment when you consider there are only 2/3 known issues but umpteen demos.

Social source share

Yep, with you on that, but why so many demos ?  Not saying the demo's ain't valid.    Scary world. For everyday  collectors  who want proper originals. Old boots are mostl fine( unlike my ex mrs)  ahem!!!   Eg  I have del larks feat Tyrone Ashley . No prob,  plus loads of others , wrong label etc etc.  but new counterfeits with a little  distressed  worn look, changes everything, unless. You really know.   ?   I don't    Do you ? Sherlock please don't  leave. Me at a standstill !! Ah yes young man I have some copies in this dark corner- Watson  'what me' ? Watson & Watson,  it will never work, where's that lazy Williams  bugger.   Too late.  Cheers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!