Help! What is this song?

Thfcliam

Hi guys

Can anyone help me find this song, trying to find the name of the song and the artist, Im sure its Al Green, these are some of the lyrics:

'What I'm trying to say is I need you baby I want to hold and squeeze ya and know I can please ya, all I ask is a chance to know ya, I can make you happy girl, won't you let me show ya'

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Liam

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

5 minutes ago, thfcliam said:

Hi guys

Can anyone help me find this song, trying to find the name of the song and the artist, Im sure its Al Green, these are some of the lyrics:

'What I'm trying to say is I need you baby I want to hold and squeeze ya and know I can please ya, all I ask is a chance to know ya, I can make you happy girl, won't you let me show ya'

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Liam

Well he did a song called Sha La La Make Me Happy...

Social source share

7 minutes ago, alan t said:

Yesss thats it, had it on a CD I made ages ago and I have tried writing I can make you happy and so many other things so many times in youtube but it didnt come up, Thanks 

Liam

Edited by thfcliam
Social source share

3 minutes ago, thfcliam said:

Yesss thats it, had it on a CD I made ages ago and I have tried writing I can make you happy and so many other things so many times in youtube but it didnt come up, thanks, dunno why I thought it was AL green. Thanks anyway,

Liam

I think it was cut at Willie Mitchells Royal Studios, same place all those wonderful Al Green Hi tracks were made.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, alan t said:

I think it was cut at Willie Mitchells Royal Studios, same place all those wonderful Al Green Hi tracks were made.

Ah I see, thanks for the info I thought it sounded very similar. Nice song

Edited by thfcliam
Social source share

1 hour ago, alan t said:

Hi Alan

Someone wonderful stuff came out of Willie Mitchell's studios - including most of the Hi label tracks. Fantastic line up of artists - perhaps my favourite label. 

Liam - if you're into soul music go and check out the discography for Hi - it's awesome.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

1 hour ago, thfcliam said:

Yesss thats it, had it on a CD I made ages ago and I have tried writing I can make you happy and so many other things so many times in youtube but it didnt come up, Thanks 

Liam

The other side ain't bad either...one the late Rick Foster put on tape for me many moons ago..'kiss and make it better'...nice record both sides...

Dave L

Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Alan

Some wonderful stuff came out of Willie Mitchell's studios - including most of the Hi label tracks. Fantastic line up of artists - perhaps my favourite label. 

Liam - if you're into soul music go and check out the discography for Hi - it's awesome.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert