PAUL WILLIAMS

HI ALL,

Just by chance on U tube music I came across a video of Paul Williams of the Temptations singing " For Once in My Life" the Stevie Wonder version, posted by Jneo .

The emotion in the mans face is just unbelievable as he pumps out the words. Certainly brought a tear to my eye. Watch it and if you are not moved by this then you have no soul!

ROY

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hello Roy,

Happy New Year to you both. Paul Williams always appeared to be in the background but was really the backbone of The Temptations. I believe that whenever they played the likes of The Copa or did TV Specials, Paul would make this is own individual performance, like Melvin Franklin would do his interpretation of Ol Man River.

A number of the great early and un released Temptations tracks have Paul on lead.  Yes emotion in every word on every song.

A fantastic talent who like many others came to a very sad end.

Kev

Social source share

Guest trickbag

I want a love I can see was made for Paul Williams, listen to him deliver it

full of emotion,gone but not forgotten, such a sad loss.

ricky.

Social source share

3 hours ago, johndelve said:

Indeed, he's great. His two sides on The Temptations One By One CD from 1996, I Feel Like Givin' Up and Once You Had A Heart, are brilliant. 

Concur with that, "Once you had a heart" is as good as anything I have ever heard, and I mean anything

Kev

• Helpful 2
Social source share

HI BRIAN,

I am not too good at posting links but if you go to Utube and put Temptations-Paul Williams in the search bar it will list the videos on the right hand side.

Look for the video posted by Jneo of the song in question which has the best co-ordinated/dubbed soundtrack to the video and enjoy.

ROY

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, the yank said:

The Temptations CD "You've Got To Earn It" has four fine performances from Paul - "I Can't Think Of A Thing At All",

"I Now See You Clear Through My Tears", "Last One Out Is Brokenhearted" and "Forever In My Heart".

Fantastic CD , all  the tracks were previously unreleased . The Paul Williams featured titles you list are all outstanding but for me this is one of the finest performances of any singer .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest phillybuster
19 hours ago, kev cane said:

Concur with that, "Once you had a heart" is as good as anything I have ever heard, and I mean anything

Kev.Great tune.

19 hours ago, kev cane said:

Kev

Social source share

22 hours ago, SOULCENTRAL said:

HI BRIAN,

I am not too good at posting links but if you go to Utube and put Temptations-Paul Williams in the search bar it will list the videos on the right hand side.

Look for the video posted by Jneo of the song in question which has the best co-ordinated/dubbed soundtrack to the video and enjoy.

ROY

Thanks Roy.

I have now accessed it from my PC, but had no luck at all from my phone.

Great performance.

Social source share

Played Once you had a heart as my  "last track honest guv" and the last track at allnighter  0630 am in the morning and some guy came up and said why are you playing this shite ......!

so it seems not everyone likes it   he was a great talent with a great voice and wonderful at interpreting a song.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, smudger said:

Played Once you had a heart as my  "last track honest guv" and the last track at allnighter  0630 am in the morning and some guy came up and said why are you playing this shite ......!

so it seems not everyone likes it   he was a great talent with a great voice and wonderful at interpreting a song.

Wouldn't happen at The Groom, you know that Smudger:thumbsup:

Kev

Social source share

On 04/01/2016 at 17:41, trickbag said:

I want a love I can see was made for Paul Williams, listen to him deliver it

full of emotion,gone but not forgotten, such a sad loss.

ricky.

quality tune. best tune they did in my honest opinion

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!