Tony Troutman

Doo Da

On 13/12/2015 at 19:27, Doo Da said:

I have a copy of Tony Troutman - What's The Use Vocal/Instrumental on Jerri EX - has copyright writing round the edge of the label,so probably legit second issue.Does it have any value?

there was a time when they were going for 30 / 40 quid only 3 or so years back

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
On 24 December 2015 at 10:59, Steve G said:

When do records cease to be bootlegs and become "legit 2nd issues"? Is there like an incubation period of 10 years? 

Hope you had a good Christmas mate, nice to see you on the boat…...

You know what Steve, that is so true. I think its basically when the majority don't know or remember when they were pressed. I think in the case of Tony Troutman, it was done back in the late 80's when basically, the Northern scene wasn't really touching stuff like this. This boot was aimed straight at the London Modern soul scene of the time,massive spin for Bob Jones,Ian Clark etc back then. Exactly the same scenario with A.J.Brown [Maestro music]. When the Northern crowd latched onto them,a lot of disinformation followed…….Mind you, look at the recent Gloria Shannon and the current? Frankie Beverley ebay shenanigans…..Theres a lot of people out there who are just easily duped aren't there ?

Social source share

True Ivor

Back in those halcyon days of the modern scene several indemanders got done as well as Tony T

i.e. Willie Darrington "Never Should Have Walked Away" Rav

Clenda Mcleod No Stranger To Love" HGEI

Bobby Sheen "Something New To Do" Warner Bros (White Demo's Only)

Which reputedly all came from the same source.

Plus later dubious presses such as Melvin Moore on Sky Hero etc

Latter-day buyers really do need to start doing their homework before venturing out into the big bad world of

e-bay  :yes:

Dave

Social source share

The knowledge isn't there either. Many people just make it up to suit. Someone once asked me about Tony Troutman, and I told em. They insisted I was wrong because their mate who is a big name on the scene told them something different because of the "legal markings" on the outside of the rim. So as long as people guess and make things up, this type of thing will continue. There is a lot of disposable cash about too.  

Social source share

3 hours ago, chalky said:

Trouble is latter day buyers aren't interested in doing their homework, just the next booking.  The rule book has well and truly been thrown out of the window with many today.

HI CHALKY,

Who is the author/collaborator of the rule book?. Is it available on e-bay( at a totally inflated price of course ).:g::lol:

ROY

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!