Non delivery of a record

Gointoagogo

I've never came across this problem before but I was looking through  my email purchases and one I bought a couple of weeks ago was marked as delivered Last Friday. The shipper was USPS and I clicked on the tracking number and sure enough it showed delivered Dec 4th.

I have notified the seller that I haven't had the record and asked where it was actually delivered to but I'd like to know if he is responsible for chasing USPS? or is there anything I can do?

Social source share

I'm having the same problem. Record purchased on 17th Nov (USPS mailing) and tracking shows as delivered on 20th Nov - which from the USA is an unheard of as far as I know. Contacted the seller to query this - not to complain as I wasn't expecting it that quick. He stated that the tracking status came from ebay, not him. Its an £80 record which I won for a tenner, so not too bothered initially. Still haven't received it though and I normally expect up to 3 weeks from the States. Hoping its down to the Thanksgiving holiday and pre Christmas post.

:hatsoff2:- Kev

Social source share

14 minutes ago, KevinKent said:

I'm having the same problem. Record purchased on 17th Nov (USPS mailing) and tracking shows as delivered on 20th Nov - which from the USA is an unheard of as far as I know. Contacted the seller to query this - not to complain as I wasn't expecting it that quick. He stated that the tracking status came from ebay, not him. Its an £80 record which I won for a tenner, so not too bothered initially. Still haven't received it though and I normally expect up to 3 weeks from the States. Hoping its down to the Thanksgiving holiday and pre Christmas post.

Hi Kevin

Also bought one on the 17th Nov & was supposed to be with me by the 9th Dec but hasn't arrived,just checked e-bay & tracking says last scanned yesterday in London so hopefully will be with me in the next couple of days???Hope the same can be said for yours :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

18 minutes ago, KevinKent said:

Thanks Kev. Hopefully it is just a holiday issue as I'm not at the three weeks yet. Am just wondering if the delivered date is the date it was delivered to the UK  rather than the final recipient. Anyway fingers crossed!!

Social source share

All very strange. Had another mailed through USPS within a day or two of the missing item and it was through my letter box in 5 days - usually takes 6 days from this different seller.

Anyone know where this tracking info comes from? as it's obviously false/misleading and my seller was unaware of it.

Social source share

no matter what service a seller uses,whether its royal mail,usps..etc or even the ebay global system,ultimately, its the sellers responsibility to get the record into your hands,buying and selling on the internet shouldnt be any different to face to face with each other!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

21 hours ago, dobber said:

no matter what service a seller uses,whether its royal mail,usps..etc or even the ebay global system,ultimately, its the sellers responsibility to get the record into your hands,buying and selling on the internet shouldnt be any different to face to face with each other!

In a face to face situation I want the $, you want the record, you hand me a bunch of crispy or otherwise notes, I hand you the record. Easy.
If I were to sell you yer basic medium price nowt special record ( You're in UK , right?) that doesn't warrant exceptional postage. USPS doesn't offer tracking or insurance for less than pretty much the cost of the record and some.
I hand it over and it has to travel 3000 + miles, go through x # of hands totally untraceably. Much as we both want it there there is nothing I can do, nor you either. So however responsible I would be it's in the lap of the gods.

Social source share

I bought a record from the states 1st time got to London checked on tracking said it was unclaimed & it was sent back to US 

Contacted seller that said record had been sent back left it at that the following day the seller contacted me & told me they had received the record back 

They repackaged the record & sent it out again & i received the said record in good order & i still gave positive feedback to the seller 

So this record had been flown over the Atlantic 3 times so this record is well traveled i hope it's still got some mileage left !!!!!

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Did everyone get their vinyl ?

:( I didn't.   After waiting a month I had to go through ebay to get a full refund.  Would sooner have had the vinyl though.

Just for once, as I thought I had a bargain, I didn't check the sellers feedback.  If I had I would have noticed that  mr-magazine had a fair few negatives against him. He now has one more.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

No I'm still waiting on mine, even though the US Post Office said it had been delivered. The seller has confirmed he will give me a full refund but as I too would prefer the vinyl I'm going to give it till the end of the month. Interestingly the seller told me that he sent a package to UK on the same day he sent mine and the other guy only received his on Tuesday so I'm keeping fingers crossed that it will turn up soon.

Social source share

4 minutes ago, KevinKent said:

Did everyone get their vinyl ?

:( I didn't.   After waiting a month I had to go through ebay to get a full refund.  Would sooner have had the vinyl though.

Just for once, as I thought I had a bargain, I didn't check the sellers feedback.  If I had I would have noticed that  mr-magazine had a fair few negatives against him. He now has one more.

Kevin

Yes mine arrived safe n sound,couple of days later then advised by e-bay but no problem.

Sorry to hear about your bargain going tits up.......onto the next one :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I just had a record not arrive after a while got a refund,however the  a few days later the seller put it back on ebay.:pirate:

Not too happy and couldn't be assed to bid again,still waiting for something from Spain which is getting late hopefully its a seasonal thing.:g:

Social source share

18 minutes ago, gointoagogo said:

No I'm still waiting on mine, even though the US Post Office said it had been delivered. The seller has confirmed he will give me a full refund but as I too would prefer the vinyl I'm going to give it till the end of the month. Interestingly the seller told me that he sent a package to UK on the same day he sent mine and the other guy only received his on Tuesday so I'm keeping fingers crossed that it will turn up soon.

I would totally ignore the tracking information as it was obviously wrong for myself and for others that had left the same guy negative feedback.

Good luck with it though - here's hoping.

Social source share

17 minutes ago, andyd68 said:

I just had a record not arrive after a while got a refund,however the  a few days later the seller put it back on ebay.:pirate:

:g:Yeah, wondering if that's gonna happen with mine - and looking out for it.   Especially as I got it for a tenner and two others were on for £80+

Social source share

Hi all, I've been waiting for a record from SPAIN for 5 months, that never arrived. Tracking stated that it reached the airport destination in the U.K, and that's where the tracking stops. Seller says that they put a claim in about 2 months ago and has heard nothing from them. The last time they made enquires about it the CORREOS, (Spanish postal service said once it has left there country, it has nothing to do with them. I lost £180. I never buy anything from SPAIN since this happened, I think there postal service is the worst in EUROPE.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, joesoul1958 said:

Hi all, I've been waiting for a record from SPAIN for 5 months, that never arrived. Tracking stated that it reached the airport destination in the U.K, and that's where the tracking stops. Seller says that they put a claim in about 2 months ago and has heard nothing from them. The last time they made enquires about it the CORREOS, (Spanish postal service said once it has left there country, it has nothing to do with them. I lost £180. I never buy anything from SPAIN since this happened, I think there postal service is the worst in EUROPE.

I personally think the Spanish postal service is pretty good, I live here, and although things go astray it's not often that they do, I've had two items go astray, one turned up eventually, the other was mentioned in an earlier post, not always records as I tend to buy most things on-line. 

How could any country claim to know what happens to any mail once it leaves their country?  I had more stuff go missing in the UK in the 2 and a bit years I lived there after leaving Canada than I've had anywhere else.  Now if mud is to be slung I'd be aiming at Italy, or maybe even France.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 10/12/2015 at 18:41, gointoagogo said:

I've never came across this problem before but I was looking through  my email purchases and one I bought a couple of weeks ago was marked as delivered Last Friday. The shipper was USPS and I clicked on the tracking number and sure enough it showed delivered Dec 4th.

I have notified the seller that I haven't had the record and asked where it was actually delivered to but I'd like to know if he is responsible for chasing USPS? or is there anything I can do?

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. It turned out it was sitting in a customs pound while they calculated how much to screw me for the privilige of letting me have the thing that I had already paid postage on. Ask the seller if he declared full value on the box. If he did, you can bet it will be with customs or even your post office. You will get a card saying that you need to pay the fee.

Social source share

I have had similar problems with missing and late deliveries and personally I blame ebay shipping. My understanding is that the seller despatches the parcel to ebay and they repack it and send it on. This takes longer and costs more money that buyer has to pay the seller loses control of the shipment because we all know complaining to ebay is a waste of time AND if the item is coming from the USA you will get stuffed for import duty because ebay uses the full sales value including freight and declares it to HM Customs who then charge import duty at around 40%!!!!

I have bough a couple of records that ending up costing me a shed load more because the only choice was to right off the money and leave them at the post office where they would be destroyed or cough up the extra import duty.

I know that this is going off the point somewhat but is just another reason why ebay pisses me off!

Social source share

On 10/12/2015 at 20:22, gointoagogo said:

Thanks Kev. Hopefully it is just a holiday issue as I'm not at the three weeks yet. Am just wondering if the delivered date is the date it was delivered to the UK  rather than the final recipient. Anyway fingers crossed!!

3 weeks from the US isn't abnormal, I understand there are delays in the UK post office system, good luck.

20 hours ago, Okehdownsouth said:

I have had similar problems with missing and late deliveries and personally I blame ebay shipping. My understanding is that the seller despatches the parcel to ebay and they repack it and send it on. This takes longer and costs more money that buyer has to pay the seller loses control of the shipment because we all know complaining to ebay is a waste of time AND if the item is coming from the USA you will get stuffed for import duty because ebay uses the full sales value including freight and declares it to HM Customs who then charge import duty at around 40%!!!!

I have bough a couple of records that ending up costing me a shed load more because the only choice was to right off the money and leave them at the post office where they would be destroyed or cough up the extra import duty.

I know that this is going off the point somewhat but is just another reason why ebay pisses me off!

That Ebau Global Shipping scam is a nightmare I won't buy from sellers who use it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I had a record delivered to me, but I didn't see it the day before when I got home.  I got up early the next morning to get something out of the car ( had to be around 7:00am ) and the record was on the porch.  I thought it was very odd that the record was there at that time as the mail don't run that early.    I'm thinking the record went to a wrong address and I lucked out that maybe the person had a good heart and dropped it off late at night.  I guess you have to be very careful ordering anything at this time of year and maybe wait until after New Year's to be on the safe side.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!