Willie Tee - One More Chance'

Mal C

He played them to me a few months ago, they both sounded good - the Willie Tee and the Melvin Carter - didn't cross my mind to ask if they weren't the real artists.   I just try and enjoy the music without carrying out an autopsy on the tracks.

Social source share

That's not the point Pete. The days of cover-ups are long over. If it ain't Willie Tee, why claim it is. To increase the hype !?!

Surely we've had way too much of that already. We've grown up & are fully developed men now not boys. Just tell the truth, it's way simpler in the long run.

Social source share

42 minutes ago, Roburt said:

That's not the point Pete. The days of cover-ups are long over. If it ain't Willie Tee, why claim it is. To increase the hype !?!

Surely we've had way too much of that already. We've grown up & are fully developed men now not boys. Just tell the truth, it's way simpler in the long run.

Not here to argue about it mate, just wondered if the name of the singer makes it a better record or not.  Also, how did he get the backing track?

Social source share

48 minutes ago, weingarden said:

My statement to the singer of this track: "I've met Willie Tee, I've spoken with Willie Tee, I have nearly every Willie Tee record, I've seen him perform live half a dozen times. You, sir, are no Willie Tee."

Mr Levine is insisting on Facebook (Rare Soul Talk group) that this is the real McCoy - quote (in reply to someone else's comments):

"Bollocks - it came from a reliable source. Plus if you listen to CLOSE YOUR EYES and SICK AND TIRED, you can hear that it absolutely IS the same voice. You all know the collector who gave me a copy of the recording. Plus someone got hold of all the Willie Tee master tapes. Besides which, why would I even bother after all the recent shit."

When asked who the well-known collector is, the reply was "He asked to remain anonymous but I assure you, you all know him."

Social source share

6 hours ago, markw said:

Mr Levine is insisting on Facebook (Rare Soul Talk group) that this is the real McCoy - quote (in reply to someone else's comments):

"Bollocks - it came from a reliable source. Plus if you listen to CLOSE YOUR EYES and SICK AND TIRED, you can hear that it absolutely IS the same voice. You all know the collector who gave me a copy of the recording. Plus someone got hold of all the Willie Tee master tapes. Besides which, why would I even bother after all the recent shit."

When asked who the well-known collector is, the reply was "He asked to remain anonymous but I assure you, you all know him."

Whoa!! Surely someone as knowledgeable as Ian Levine must know that the Willie Tee on Crazy Cajun, the one who recorded "Sick and Tired," is A DIFFERENT PERSON ENTIRELY: Willie "Tee" Trahan, a swamp-rocker from roughly the same neck of the woods. Here's his website: https://willietee.com/   

I mean, come on. Yikes, looks like even John Manship is a little confused: 

Two different Willie Tees, people. Could the one on "One More Chance" be the other one? How strange that he would have done a song by the better-known Willie Tee.

Edited by weingarden
Reconsidered my point!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest irishpip
16 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

Little Miss Tantrum did post a picture of said tapes on the FB page , well a picture of a couple of cardboard boxes with Willie Tee felt-tipped on them ,

It looked more like it was felt-tipped onto a photograph of the cardboard boxes

Social source share

Ian is his own worst enemy, as if anyone is going to believe anything he says after all the dodgy records he has been involved with over the years.

His credibility is shot I'm afraid.

His next outings should be on the "Jackanory" label.

Social source share

14 hours ago, DaveNPete said:

So does that mean pretty much the whole so Kent Stax Volt CD encompass all of his all-time favuorites?????

A missed opportunity for an ultimate Stax/Volt compilation IMOP.

Though off subject really, there are some good choices on there.

Social source share

The owner of Tuff City in New York - Aaron Fuchs to my knowledge is the only one who has turned up any unissued Gatur / Willie Tee material within the last decade. 

He did a tie up with Sonic Wax at a later date who issued the Dues 45 .  Not sure on the authenticity of the latest recording but who am I to judge ...

It 's all about music for me - because life without music is no life at all - someone once said ... Very true.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!