lifeline

On 11/16/2015, 10:18:54, Cunnie said:

Firstly Andy I'd like to point out that the Bridlington weekender has been running for 10 years this coming summer & also only clashes once a year with your events that are over 150 miles away so to blame them is surely a bit of a slow death I think.
Secondly Andy none of the Bridlington promoters said anything about a clash with either you or the 100 club at all (my source? A Bridlington Weekender promoter on the phone tonight).
Thirdly you may have made a comment about showing your arse in a shop window at some time but you certainly did not say it to their face when they offered your event a room at their weekender (my source again was from the horses mouth as mentioned above).

.  I ain't interested in getting into spats over such scenarios that aren't too important, but that said i don't post comments up if they are not true. When reffering to Bridlington weekender perhaps the context was a little jumbled on my part when i said "along came the Brilington weekender"  you say it has been running for 9 years - that is great,but not something that i ever questioned .  Lifeline had been going for 11 years with the same fixed dates - before the "clash " you mentioned there had not been any clashes so i assume your dates must have changed at some point ? But a free country like i commented .. Anyhow this is why i mentioned  the weekender (s) !  Brid in particular because it was a turning point... really nothing more or nothing less.  Now Rob Wigley was the guy i spoke to about the clash the place was Dumfries weekender and there was a couple of people stood during or at least part of the the time the conversation took place  - Dave Box was one of them because we carried on with the general chatter about the state of the callender when Rob had left ! so Rob is one of the horses mouths that isn't being straight with you ! Next one is Pat Brady who i spoke to on the phone he called me regarding a matter  that was between Pat and me but has it goes connected with Brid, the call was taped because of the nature of the matter so again your other horses mouth isn't being straight with you !  So the best of luck with Brid in the future i'm sure it will go from strength to strength,  Lifeline couldn't stand the heat so it got out of the fire no dramas or bad feelings to any other promoters, in the slightest simple as that.  That said a spade is a spade with me and for the record i have no problem speaking to Rob Wigley or Pat Brady face to face on any kind of terms  . I really am suprised that Rob can't remember standing talking to me that day, There was other people around i will have to think back , like i say if Pat really does wanna go over that taped call i will be more than happy ! 

Social source share

I'd just like to say that on the rare occasions we get out (Pete's just not been up to it in the last few years) we usually timed it specifically to be on Lifeline weekends - it's a real pity they've come to their end - have always found the music brilliant. I cannot compliment you guys highly enough for sticking your neck out and doing the right thing musically - a real antidote to the porridge that most venues seem to serve up. I really hope you have the opportunity to continue furthering northern as a living breathing musical form rather than a rotting corpse.

Dave

Edited by DaveNPete
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I can recall the conversation Andy,(In the presence of Sam and Arthur)   the "Clash" you talk about wasn't the 100 Club, but the Cleethorpes Weekender in June. If you remember I explained when the Bridlington Weekender started we had looked at the last weekend in April, however this wasn't available. We were offered 3 dates when the venue wasn't booked, The first clashed with Cleethorpes, the second with Whitby and the 3rd we took, which later became established as the last FULL weekend in June. 

I hope Lifeline finds a new home and continues long into the future and wish yourself Mick and Chalky well. I am also hoping to attend a few more Nighters myself now that I don't have shifts to worry about so I'll see you around soon for a chat.

Rob

Edited by Rob Wigley
spelling
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Steve G said:

Yeah, not so great when you are on a monday morning sales pitch and need to be on your mettle…..and you got Shake Sheri banging round in your fuzzy head ha ha….

Or if you have to be "nice" to people......................lol.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 23 November 2015, Rob Wigley said:

I can recall the conversation Andy,(In the presence of Sam and Arthur)   the "Clash" you talk about wasn't the 100 Club, but the Cleethorpes Weekender in June. If you remember I explained when the Bridlington Weekender started we had looked at the last weekend in April, however this wasn't available. We were offered 3 dates when the venue wasn't booked, The first clashed with Cleethorpes, the second with Whitby and the 3rd we took, which later became established as the last FULL weekend in June. 

I hope Lifeline finds a new home and continues long into the future and wish yourself Mick and Chalky well. I am also hoping to attend a few more Nighters myself now that I don't have shifts to worry about so I'll see you around soon for a chat.

Rob

My original point and what was really supposed to have been a light hearted one..., but yeh  you took the last weekend in June when Lifeline  was on !  It's been and gone but no less rude ... i'm more than happy to sit back and watch everyone squabble and fall out over venues and dates, there really is too much take and very little give !

Social source share

On 24/11/2015, 09:17:40, Steve G said:

Yeah, not so great when you are on a monday morning sales pitch and need to be on your mettle…..and you got Shake Sheri banging round in your fuzzy head ha ha….

When I was working on a Monday after an allnighter I was all over the place, not sure if anyone really noticed except the girls in the H&S office opposite who always asked what time I'd got home on Sunday morning. Yeah Steve, Shake Cheri on your brain might make work slightly tricky. Trust you are well.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!