Internet Radio - Soul

Soulsmith

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well I don't know if I dare mention that VIP radio plays a fair bit of soul. 2-4pm week days is everybody's fave promoter, who always slips in a few northern numbers .. :rolleyes:

Cheers Ian, but I just wouldn't. Sometimes you just have to draw a line.

bit popular, though listening to big maybelle right now, but could try one of these:-

https://www.vh1.com/music/radio/genre/index.jhtml?genre_num=3

Regret not available to Mac listeners.

Social source share

I was looking for a place to plug this.

There are 26 hours of Northern Soul to listen to here. 13 shows all play listed here

https://www.radiomagnetic.com/shows/index_show.php?topic=12

There's a new Reflections on Northern Soul at www.radiomagnetic.com Two hours of great music with a live set from the last night of the Caledonian Soul Club. Tune in and let me know what Martin's Cover Up is. I have surrounded it with cuts from Joe Tex, Blue Magic, Harvey Scales, Valerie and Nick. My old school DAP jukebox has been busy recording sets at Friday Street, Goodfoot and the Dumfries classic soul night. They'll be featured in future shows. Next month will see the return of guests and their selection of music. Thanks for sticking with reflections and get in touch. Reply to this, PM on the message boards or use the radiomagnetic forums.

This week's show and play list can be found here.

https://www.radiomagnetic.com/shows/index.php?id=209

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Hey Kevin! I heard your dedications to your chums in Barcelona. Small world. Harry is great. I think this weeks show was a cracker. All the guests brought the studio alive.

My wife and I have been planning a Seattle visit for a few years now. We have friends just outside the city. I am hoping to hook up with Thom Bell if he will see me. Did you know Elton Johns 'Are you ready for love' was recorded in Seattle?

Social source share

Here's my last show

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...C08A4FD1AED59D1

and others are on the webpage..why moan about bad radio stations...all you want is here..

/Playlists.html

Regards

Barry :yes:

You've obviously never heard me moan.

If I was ever employed by the Samiratans people would be jumping off buildings left, right & centre.

Contrary to your beliefs, "all I want is not here"

The first link I get is -

The website's certificate was signed by an unknown certifying authority. You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be "www.yousendit.com" which could put your confidential information at risk. Would you like to continue anyway?

The second link downloads a file "VSRS196.rm" that my comp can't open

Social source share

Don't forget Eddie Pillar's Funk and Soul Show on BBC Radio 6

It's on now 18:00 -21:00 and archived on the site for a bit afterwards.

Eclectic but alos on cable telly so you can listen while you do the ironing and he has got the perfect face for radio.

Social source share

Hey Kevin! I heard your dedications to your chums in Barcelona. Small world. Harry is great. I think this weeks show was a cracker. All the guests brought the studio alive.

My wife and I have been planning a Seattle visit for a few years now. We have friends just outside the city. I am hoping to hook up with Thom Bell if he will see me. Did you know Elton Johns 'Are you ready for love' was recorded in Seattle?

i wasnt aware that are you ready for love was recorded here. ahaha

so, when you coming up. please make sure to drop in on our do. we are every second saturday of the month. and if you do, please say hi.

thom bell is in seattle?

and yeh, me and anita played dedication tag. we took over the first half hour of the shows email requests!! ahaha

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Kevin -

Elton John recorded a full album in Seattle. They were called the 'Thom Bell' sessions. Many of the Philly musicians flew out to Seattle and recorded the Philly Sound there with Thom. If you look at the video you will see Larry Washington (I think), Tony Bell (one of The Young Professionals), Bobby Eli (who puts two rabbit ears above somebody's head) and loads of other people.

If and when we come, I will let you know!

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Currently grinding my way through the day listening to 'Virgin Radio Groove'

Its an OK station, but if I had to sum it up in word it would be 'Shalimar'

Any soul Internet Radio stations you recommend Mon - Friday 9-5pm?

Cheers

Col.

you can listen to me on fridays 8 till 10 on netcaferadio live i play northern on a friday and motown on wednesdays. :unsure:
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert