Free Spirit - Recorded On Chess

Sanquine

Hi,

Can anyone help - trying to listen to recording's by "Free Spirit" on Chess formerly Baron's of Soul.

Know of these 2 upto now but unable to listen to them

Love you just as long as I can/ instru Chess 1974

Mister Fixit man/ Where did the good times go Chess 1974

Any help with Sound bite - price, would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks very much for that Rich,

Tried J M site before, must have put freespirit without a space :thumbsup: Glad you helped.

Not keen on Mr Fixit man, though flip may be fab, who know's ( a record in there somewhere) :D

Disappointing though after the ever awesome "You need love".

These both from 1974 - though saw a track listed I couldn't play from 1995 different label columbia I think - doubt they'll be the same group.

Does anyone have a photo of them either as Barons of soul or Free Spirit - would love to see what they look like :D

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Hi,

Can anyone help - trying to listen to recording's by "Free Spirit" on Chess formerly Baron's of Soul.

Know of these 2 upto now but unable to listen to them

Love you just as long as I can/ instru Chess 1974

Mister Fixit man/ Where did the good times go Chess 1974

Any help with Sound bite - price, would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Karen

Hi Karen,

Great taste, Free Spirit "Love you just as long I can" is one of my very favourite 70's track, I bought it as a new release and my copy is just about wore out now but don't worry it's not rare, you should be able to bag one for around £15.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Sanguine

Seeing as you single handedly are quite rightly starting a "Barons Of Soul" appreciation Society, part of the Group also recorded as the "Ballads" (not the "Venture" lot, but the ones on "Tina") so you MUST check out "This Is Magic" by them. They also did some backing stuff for Clarence Williams.

Des Parker

Social source share

Sanguine

Seeing as you single handedly are quite rightly starting a "Barons Of Soul" appreciation Society, part of the Group also recorded as the "Ballads" (not the "Venture" lot, but the ones on "Tina") so you MUST check out "This Is Magic" by them. They also did some backing stuff for Clarence Williams.

Des Parker

Yes seems that way, anyone interested pm me :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the info Des- been trying for a while to get further with this - was sure there must be more info on them - always drew a blank - where theres a will theres a way as they say :P

Now just need to find out if any or all of the orig group still alive - Anyone fancy hearing "Baron's of Soul" sing "You need love" Live..... :thumbsup:

In my dreams or .........

Karen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert