"judy Street"

Guest tonytone

Guest tonytone

:thumbsup:is this the same Judy Street of the 45 (WHAT) I got this from the internet, it dose not give any info about past ie "soul music" she may of done?

Any one out there that can verify! please let me know, because I've never seen the face to this singer ! :thumbsup:

Tony.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Your pictures appear to be of Judy Street the Golfer!

The attached is Judy street of "What" fame.

I dont think they are one and the same!

Image originally posted on here two years ago by Mick Smith

Sean

Think thats quite an old photo tho' Sean, she may have changed a bit since , I know I have!

Cheers Paul Woosnam

Social source share

Think thats quite an old photo tho' Sean, she may have changed a bit since , I know I have!

Cheers Paul Woosnam

Judy Street The Golfer - Pictured in B&W in the Sixties!

Judy Street The Golfer - Pictured In Colour in the 21st Century!

Sure, She's changed... but It's not the same person as the Judy Street of "What" fame!

Sean Hampsey

Judy_Street_Golfer_Today.jpg(post-4120-1

Judy_Street_Golfer.jpg(post-4120-1157226

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

I've always wondered what else Judy Street sung... she must have sung other stuff surely! Personally, I love What and the B side is excellent to smooch to girl_in_love.gif

Check out the TINA MASON LP Capitol 2785 the front cover picture is Judy Street.

Whether it is her singing or not has yet to be confirmed, or maybe they just used her picture as she was a beautiful lady. Or maybe she did a session and they released it as Tina Mason wwithout informing her, not uncommon in the 60s. To treat session singers that way. The pictures Judy sent me some years ago, match the cover one on that LP. Interestingly there is another version of "What" on there too.

Produced by David Axlerod not H.B. Barnum this time. The LP has 5 or 6 Northern Soul cuts NOT issued on 45.

Judy now sings country/pop and lives in Nashville she has an LP that you may be able to find on Gemm etc.

Social source share

Judy now sings country/pop and lives in Nashville she has an LP that you may be able to find on Gemm etc.

So, she's definately NOT a Golf pro in Florida nowadays then John?

Confirmed then: The pictures of the Judy Street at the top of this page are of Golf Pro Judy Street... not the singer of the Strider 45 "What"

So what about my Bobby Womack Pic?. Is that not him either? :lol:

:yes:

Sean

Social source share

Check out the TINA MASON LP Capitol 2785 the front cover picture is Judy Street.

Whether it is her singing or not has yet to be confirmed, or maybe they just used her picture as she was a beautiful lady. Or maybe she did a session and they released it as Tina Mason wwithout informing her, not uncommon in the 60s. To treat session singers that way. The pictures Judy sent me some years ago, match the cover one on that LP. Interestingly there is another version of "What" on there too.

Produced by David Axlerod not H.B. Barnum this time. The LP has 5 or 6 Northern Soul cuts NOT issued on 45.

John , I've seen that Tina Mason LP around over the years but never bothered picking it up thinking , well , it's never been mentioned on the Northern/Rare Soul scene so perhaps it's not worth pursuing , but you say there are several northern style tracks on it ? Are they worthwhile tracks then ? Thanks in advance :lol:

Social source share

So, she's definately NOT a Golf pro in Florida nowadays then John?

Confirmed then: The pictures of the Judy Street at the top of this page are of Golf Pro Judy Street... not the singer of the Strider 45 "What"

So what about my Bobby Womack Pic?. Is that not him either? :lol:

:yes:

Sean

Now behave yourself Sean or i'll post up the "Sean Hampsey" picture again.

I'm sure you know which picture i mean :yes::yes:

Social source share

I have the Tina Mason LP - never actually compared the two versions of 'what' but from memory they do sound similar vocally. There are some OK dancers on the LP and there are a couple of 45's from her that are interesting too!

So is Tina, Judy or vice-versa????

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert