paultp

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Theresone on e bay at the moment mate,no bids last time i looked,some blurb about misspelt label,lendo instesd of lando.Salmon

Can you PM me a link please, I can only find this one:

https://cgi.ebay.com/RUFUS-WONDER-THE-ADDIT...1QQcmdZViewItem

The condition isn't really good enough for that price.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

I was hoping to pay a bit less than that :rolleyes:

I think this is still quite a hard track. I remember getting one at Stafford but regret selling it. Funniest thing happened thou when I put this up on a playlist when my mate Stephane from Paris played it at a gig in London a year or so back - got an email from Mr Rufus Wonder himself plugging his CD!

Social source share

Picture_8.jpg(post-3009-1157739452_thumbHi,was after one for years,just was patient and then one came quite cheap,will pm yu if I come across one,here's a piccy for now..

Thanks for the piccy, not quite the real thing tho.

They do come up on eBay every so often, popsike shows the most expensive at about 150 dollars so I think you're right, I'll just wait.

All records come to you if you wait long enough blush.gif

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick story about this. first of all i never heard of this track, early on in the month i was in detroit, to cut a long story short this 45 was passed around from one to the other and nearly ended up in the bin, i stated you throwing that away- the reply was yes any good to you, even though i did not know this i said yes. now on my return back home and unpacking the 45s i came back with i was there cleaning them all up and playing them on my turntable i then came across this rufus wonder 45 and for some strange reason i decided to put this with a pile of other 45s and not been to fussed to listen and clean. but only this week i was sorting some 45s to sell and then came across again i then decided to give it a spin-- WHAT AWESOME SOUND all i could think of was the great escape " that bin in detroit" and no guessing where it is now - in my dj box.

Social source share

Just a quick story about this. first of all i never heard of this track, early on in the month i was in detroit, to cut a long story short this 45 was passed around from one to the other and nearly ended up in the bin, i stated you throwing that away- the reply was yes any good to you, even though i did not know this i said yes. now on my return back home and unpacking the 45s i came back with i was there cleaning them all up and playing them on my turntable i then came across this rufus wonder 45 and for some strange reason i decided to put this with a pile of other 45s and not been to fussed to listen and clean. but only this week i was sorting some 45s to sell and then came across again i then decided to give it a spin-- WHAT AWESOME SOUND all i could think of was the great escape " that bin in detroit" and no guessing where it is now - in my dj box.
So you never went to Stafford then? ohmy.gif
Social source share

I remember Guy playing this on BBC radio Derby back in the 80's on a tuesday evening, he used to do an half hour spot with Terry Christian who later went on to pesent the Word on channel 4. Guy used to play all his latest discoveries, some of my all time fav tracks I first heard on that show......I'd never part with my copy of Rufus Wonder.

Social source share

Source Advert