Steve Cato

Pudsoul

Anyone else see Steve Cato on the telly last night, walking, talking, acting, breaking some moves, and sporting a rather dandy haircut (was that real in those days Steve?) on a little short film on BBC Four called Function at the Junction?

Nice little 15 minute film about a dance competition in some generic soul club in 70s Manchester, but made all the more realistic by our man Cato.

Pity the rest of the dancers were rent a crowd, but then I suppose it was meant to be in the 70s when soulies were young, as opposed to most of us these days being near our 70s, so maybe they had to hire youthful dancers.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone else see Steve Cato on the telly last night, walking, talking, acting, breaking some moves, and sporting a rather dandy haircut (was that real in those days Steve?) on a little short film on BBC Four called Function at the Junction?

Nice little 15 minute film about a dance competition in some generic soul club in 70s Manchester, but made all the more realistic by our man Cato.

Pity the rest of the dancers were rent a crowd, but then I suppose it was meant to be in the 70s when soulies were young, as opposed to most of us these days being near our 70s, so maybe they had to hire youthful dancers.

Afternoon David,

I stumbled accross this film on youtube quite by accident a while back. Well worth a watch!

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

dave, i know you are from leeds but there is no excuse!

this film has been around for a good while now

hope all is well mate

Shane

:rolleyes:

Social source share

My wife watched it and she thought it was hilarious. Was it a comedy? Apart from the DJ character, I wasn't sure what it was about or trying to get across.

ROD

Pretty sure it was meant to be a comedy - or an affectionate send-up at least. The dj was "Dennis Pennis"

Social source share

But do you all remember Steve's hairdo? Is it real, does he leave it on the pillow at night with a small saucer of milk, bring out for special occasions? Come on Steve, we need to konw.

Its actually his cat which prowls his flat, sleeping on the faces of drunken Sheffielders who invite themselves to doss at Cato Towers until their train leaves.

I'm suprised Stevie hasn't sold you all a copy of the DVD/CD of Function at the Junction. He sold one to me :rolleyes:

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Been on the "ORDINARY COFFEE" agaian Mark :D

:rolleyes::shades: .... in tears here Steve as that was the opening scenario of many more that day that you've reminded me about....

Oh, and just had one Steve....

Back on topic.... I'm sure this short film has been linked via YouTube in the Media section for anybody that hasn't seen it within the last 3+ years :D ....

Social source share

First shown about 3 and a half years ago...

Yes, and god knows how, but I was invited to the premier thing in Soho! A nice day off work for me and a freebie copy whistling.gif

Edit: fat finger error!

Edited by ♫ Soulgirl ♫
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert