Abc [too Many To Mention]

HAD A GOOD SCOUR LAST NIGHT DUG OUT A FEW FROM THIS MIGHTY LOGO MAINLY DEEP 45S FEW CROSSOVER THINGS,IT DAWNED ON ME THAT JUST CASUALLY PICKING THIS LOGO UP OVER THE YEARS THAT I HAD AMMASSED ABOUT 80 TRACKS.I SUPPOSE IT IS A MASSIVE LOGO.HERES A FEW I DUG OUT,ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS ETC,UNKNOWS,LESSER KNOWN TRACKS.

THE PERSIANS -TOO MUCH PRIDE

RONNIE WALKER-GOOD GOOD FEELING

THE ICEMEN-HOW CAN I GET OVER A FOX LIKE YOU

EDDIE HOLMAN-I NEED SOMEBODY

THE MARVELLOS-IM WITHOUT A GIRL.[AWESOME DEEP ONE OF THE BEST]

JUST A FEW I DUG OUT,ANY TIPS ANYONE?

BAZ A.

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Payin` the cost of being the boss,BB King

I`m so confused,?...........very cheap,awesome,forgot who will have look later!!

The hurt,BB King.........best version?

Edited by ken
Social source share

The International GTO's - It's been raining in my heart - Rojac

awsome mid tempo magic

'B' of I love my Baby

soulful sounds I listen to at home..love 'em

It's not on ABC Shute :thumbsup:

All the same a superb track I have just used this as a filler on a CD I've done for someone. I think actually it was the a-side when first released. I love stuff this tempo.

On ABC try Maxine Brown - I Got A Funny Kinda Feeling -Uptempo R&B and the Storming It's Gotta Be Love - The Kittens whistling.gif

Social source share

It's not on ABC Shute :P

All the same a superb track I have just used this as a filler on a CD I've done for someone. I think actually it was the a-side when first released. I love stuff this tempo.

On ABC try Maxine Brown - I Got A Funny Kinda Feeling -Uptempo R&B and the Storming It's Gotta Be Love - The Kittens whistling.gif

:thumbsup::ohmy: sorry - how about then -The Kittens - Undevided Love - ABC Paramount

does this count ?

Social source share

Guest Goldwax

At last, an opportunity to plug the tremendous.........

Bobby Bland - "I Wouldn't Treat A Dog (The Way You Treated Me)" - ABC (US & UK)

A Sleeping, Soulful, Midtempo Monster!

whistling.gif

Sean Hampsey

Good shout - I have never heard this out, bleedin' criminal!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

I've got a nice little ditty by Rosco Gordon on A.B.C. (dj copy) 10351 from October 4th 1962 called "As you walk away". Perhaps not everybody's cup of tea, being a little on the early side and probably sounding it too! A nice little ending type of 45 to polish the floor to.

Martin

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

I've got a nice little ditty by Rosco Gordon on A.B.C. (dj copy) 10351 from October 4th 1962 called "As you walk away". Perhaps not everybody's cup of tea, being a little on the early side and probably sounding it too! A nice little ending type of 45 to polish the floor to.

Martin

I like it Martin....bet that dosent surprise you :shades:

Or flip it for the fantastic 'If you don't dig the blues'

Great double sider...gets my vote as one of ABCs finest releases :ohmy:

Superb tune Mace :D

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

I like it Martin....bet that dosent surprise you :shades:

Superb tune Mace :ohmy:

Hi Linda,

No, I must say I wouldn't be surprised . . . and I would bet you've got one in your box somewhere safe. Perhaps a bit on the 'Modern' side for you?? :D

Martin

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

OTHERS ON ABC PARAMOUNT IN MY COLLECTION

SPINDLETOPPERS - IT'S WRITTEN IN YOUR EYES

BOBBY BECK - SWINGING ON A CHANDELEIR

MAXINE BROWN - AM I FALLING IN LOVE

JEANETTE 'BABY' WASHINGTON - LET LOVE GO BY

JO ANN CAMPBELL - I CHANGED MY MIND JACK

HANK LEVINE - IMAGE

Hi Linda,

No, I must say I wouldn't be surprised . . . and I would bet you've got one in your box somewhere safe. Perhaps a bit on the 'Modern' side for you?? :D

Martin

CHEEKY YOUNG PUP :D

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

BAZ A.

Just looked in my sales box, two 45's perhaps of interest . . .

The Del Vikings - "Confession of love" ABC 10341 £25

The Del Vikings- "Bring back your heart" ABC 10208 £25

. . . or £40 for the two (inc. p+p)

Martin

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

HAD A GOOD SCOUR LAST NIGHT DUG OUT A FEW FROM THIS MIGHTY LOGO MAINLY DEEP 45S FEW CROSSOVER THINGS,IT DAWNED ON ME THAT JUST CASUALLY PICKING THIS LOGO UP OVER THE YEARS THAT I HAD AMMASSED ABOUT 80 TRACKS.I SUPPOSE IT IS A MASSIVE LOGO.HERES A FEW I DUG OUT,ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS ETC,UNKNOWS,LESSER KNOWN TRACKS.

BAZ A.

Florence Ballad - It doesn't matter how I say it.

Dawn - Baby's gone away.

Betty Everett- Love comes tumbling down.

Denise Germaine- He's a strange one.

Eddie Holman- Don't stop me now.

Mighty Marvelows- I'm so confused.

Mia Morrell- I have a mind of my own.

Eddie Regan- Playing hide and seek. (semi-obscure now?)

Sapphires- Slow fizz.

Sapphires- Gonna be a big thing. (the best version)

Shepards- Little girl lost.

Tams- Hey girl don't bother me. (first heard this & liked it as an 11year old & still a fave)

Danny White- One little lie.

A good introduction to the A.B.C. catalouge is the A.B.C. LP "Out on the streets again" - Various artists, released in 1977 (I think??) and not a bad tune on it.

Martin

Social source share

BAZ A.

THE MIGHTY MARVELLOWS - TALKIN' BOUT YA BABY - ABC :D

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

'Out on the streets' Abc LP is truly awesome but no mention of

Ashford and Simpson 'Dead End Kids'

Flo Ballard track is awesome and bloody fast to dance to !

Charles Mann - 'Its all over'

b side of Lamont Dozier ' Just trying to hold onto my woman', cant remember its name but after a talking intro is excellent up tempo shuffler.

There was always Moving on up great Kent Abc LP too !!!

Social source share

ABC Paramount......"Help The Poor" by B.B. King...awesome down tempo soul of the highest order, i bought this some years back from that excellent source of inspiration Phil Rains.

Social source share

Plus certain Sweet Sweetning by the Masqueraders is on ABC isn't it ?....Anyway it's a wonderful mid-tempo mover, now i'm gonna' have to kill someone to find it.......

Social source share

ABC Paramount......"Help The Poor" by B.B. King...awesome down tempo soul of the highest order, i bought this some years back from that excellent source of inspiration Phil Rains.

Have you flipped it Brett.

Has great version of 'Wouldn't have it any other way' on t'other side. :D

Quite slow intro, but lovely tune.

Social source share

Just looked in my sales box, two 45's perhaps of interest . . .

The Del Vikings - "Confession of love" ABC 10341 £25

The Del Vikings- "Bring back your heart" ABC 10208 £25

. . . or £40 for the two (inc. p+p)

Martin

Love 'Bring back your heart - got it on a white promo Canadian Sparton / ABC Paramount.

Have you heard 'Too many miles' on ABC by the Del Vikings? Great tune and quite hard to find (£80 +)

Believe Chuck Jackson is on the vocals (though sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong)

Social source share

Have you flipped it Brett.

Has great version of 'Wouldn't have it any other way' on t'other side. :D

Quite slow intro, but lovely tune.

Yeah Mace, infact bought it on the strength of that side, it was a nice surprise to find "Help The Poor".

Social source share

I've got a nice little ditty by Rosco Gordon on A.B.C. (dj copy) 10351 from October 4th 1962 called "As you walk away".

Martin

Is this the one with a really dodgy break that sounds like he's playing a comb and paper?

Sounds pretty good until that point....

I know people who bought it after a brief listen to first minute or so, but were gutted when they got home and played the whole tune... :D

Social source share

b side of Lamont Dozier ' Just trying to hold onto my woman', cant remember its name but after a talking intro is excellent up tempo shuffler.

"We don't want nobody to come between us" is the Lamont Dozier track. One of the all time great records.

Talking of Lamont Dozier how about Chuck Jackson's version of "Take of your make up". Great version.

With regard to the Bobby Bland "dog" record. This was a big play back in the early 90s at the Post Office Club in Manchester. Fantasic record and one I keep forgetting to buy. However, I do have an instrumental version by Rythythm Heritage also on ABC. It is the B-side to "Theme from S.W.A.T". My plan is to do an extended mix as soon as I get the Bobby Bland!

Regards Alan

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Is this the one with a really dodgy break that sounds like he's playing a comb and paper?

Yep! That's the one. Most artists would use a sax or guitar for a long break like that, but no, he uses a comb and paper . . . perhaps the group were on strike?

Martin

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

The Del Vikings- "Bring back your heart" ABC 10208

AWESOME choon ranting_1.gif

Can't believe it not selling for £25. The last one I saw went for £60!! Perhaps I'm selling it tooo cheap?

Martin

Social source share

Can't believe it not selling for £25. The last one I saw went for £60!! Perhaps I'm selling it tooo cheap?

Martin

£25 - £30 is it's price IMO mate.

Had loads a few years back, Pete Smith lists it quite often, tho can't remeber how much he prices it at.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

anybody know or rate the lyrics "so hard to get along" ace midtempo stuff

Issue goes for around £100 or so. Nice track . . . as far as I can remember. I haven't heard it for some time though.

Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert