Enchanters On Tee Pee?

Guest uroffal

Guest uroffal

Can anyone tell me anything about The Enchanters - There's A Look About You on Tee Pee?

It was, relatively, recently added to John Manship's 'Rarest of the Rare' and is listed at £350 in his most recent Price Guide. Is this an accurate guide price? I've never seen or heard of the record before so anyone know when, where, by whom it was first played. Is it well-known etc.

Thanks in advance

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I would have thought pretty well known on nighter scene but then again....Andy Dyson has played it in recent years, Nige Mayfield too I think. Dunno who played it first though.

as for price I would have thought at least £600 now from a dealer, maybe more.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest uroffal

I would have thought pretty well known on nighter scene but then again....Andy Dyson has played it in recent years, Nige Mayfield too I think. Dunno who played it first though.

as for price I would have thought at least £600 now from a dealer, maybe more.

Cheers Chalky, being non-scene means I don't often get to hear who is palying what so thanks for that.

£600 maybe more!? That's nice to hear as I have a copy on the way!

Social source share

Can anyone tell me anything about The Enchanters - There's A Look About You on Tee Pee?

It was, relatively, recently added to John Manship's 'Rarest of the Rare' and is listed at £350 in his most recent Price Guide. Is this an accurate guide price? I've never seen or heard of the record before so anyone know when, where, by whom it was first played. Is it well-known etc.

Thanks in advance

i think this was first played by rob marriot great record :thumbsup: other sides good aswell nice slow track.
Social source share

Guest uroffal

i think this was first played by rob marriot great record :yes: other sides good aswell nice slow track.

Cheers - I'll make sure I check out the flip when it arrives and agree a great record :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Hasn't arrived yet, but you can hear a short clip here: https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/rarest-of-the-rare/21

This 45 is from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and was a bit of a regional hit here (the ballad, On A Little Island). It is very rare, but not 600 GBP rare. I have sold it 2 x and I think an accurate value for a minter would be more around $500. It is REALLY a great northern/group 45, so who knows, maybe value will rise..

Social source share

This 45 is from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and was a bit of a regional hit here (the ballad, On A Little Island). It is very rare, but not 600 GBP rare. I have sold it 2 x and I think an accurate value for a minter would be more around $500. It is REALLY a great northern/group 45, so who knows, maybe value will rise..

I think you'll find that its allready risen above your price ( for a clean copy ) Would think that 500 dollars is cheap. How many more can you get @ that price ?

Regards Ritchie. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest lotusland

I think you'll find that its allready risen above your price ( for a clean copy ) Would think that 500 dollars is cheap. How many more can you get @ that price ?

Regards Ritchie. :rolleyes:

No one has stock of this. They pop up about once a year and they are usually VG, VG+ like most soul 45s on Earth (not in UK collectors boxes!) On ebay i got about $300 for it VG+ a few years back, hence my valuation.

Its been known for ages, though. The only person who can really be credited with its discovery is the owner of Tee Pee records, if even him!

a.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

No one has stock of this. They pop up about once a year and they are usually VG, VG+ like most soul 45s on Earth (not in UK collectors boxes!) On ebay i got about $300 for it VG+ a few years back, hence my valuation.

Its been known for ages, though. The only person who can really be credited with its discovery is the owner of Tee Pee records, if even him!

a.

Thanks for the info. I think a 'few years back' maybe the key here. Popsike lists one from 2004 that made over $500 - it would appear that since then it's had a fair bit of exposure from Andy Dyson (and I've seen it on a playlist of Mick H's from a year or so ago) as well as some notable others, which would certainly increase demand and, consequently, price.

Social source share

Rob Marriott had it c/u as Chico Lamarr back in 1990 the week after he got it, I got one blind off Pat Brady for £100, I traded mine a few years later with Saus for cash and something I cant remember, hasn't turned up much,nice sound if you like the TSU Toronados-"Please Heart Dont Break" type of thing, I got a bit bored with it myself. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert