• Replies 32
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy BB

Baby don't you weep.

Sounded slow though, and iffy quality, so fortunately no chance of it being booted from the dickhead's file

Social source share

Baby don't you weep.

Dont say thing like that Andy, i'll wet my pants if its that, :)

got to be the best unrealesed discovery in some years that one :D

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

You must be hard of hearing then, it's perfect quality and it's the right speed...I've got the same recording...as for it being the best new discovery, do me a favour, it's about number 999,999 in the greatest 100,000 records of all time

Must be my crap PC speakers - and I may have been thinking of the Wilson Pickett version's speed. I never get to hear Ady's version sober - I must remember to slow down my dance steps.

(Probably seem strange to some but I deleted it after one play because I didn't want to cane it and lose that buzz I get when I hear it out)

Bus as for 999,999 in the greatest 100,000 records, you sir, are clearly bonkers.

:yes:

I'll guess at Larry Banks & Jaibi - My Life Is No Better

That'd be a touch. Absolutely storming tune!

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

You must be hard of hearing then, it's perfect quality and it's the right speed...I've got the same recording...as for it being the best new discovery, do me a favour, it's about number 999,999 in the greatest 100,000 records of all time

Wash ya ears out Pete :) , dont know about best new discovery, Adeys been playing it for at least 2 yrs, but its a fantastic record.......................not the AS tho', I think it will be the Milton Bennet myself :D . Another great 100 Clubber :D:D:yes: .

Russ

BTW I will miss another anniversary as I am still here in the US :yes: ..................but if these are crap records then gawd help us................The 100 Club is the best Nighter in the country IMHO & records like this & DJ'S THAT HAVE THE BOLLOCKS TO PLAY EM to an appreciative & up for it crowd make it that way................& long may it reighn :D:D:thumbsup: .

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Wash ya ears out Pete :yes: , dont know about best new discovery, Adeys been playing it for at least 2 yrs, but its a fantastic record.......................not the AS tho', I think it will be the Milton Bennet myself :D . Another great 100 Clubber :):D:D .

Russ

Funny old thing that m8 :yes: I'm sure it has a good chance :thumbsup:

Social source share

It's so boring though...

Nearly as boring as you Pete whistling.gif:P

"been playing it for a good 2 years"

Still a new discovery then IMO :)

Only really gets exposure down t'100 club or where ever Ady plays out, so im sure its still an unkown to 75% of the northern scene wink.gif ...............Unless its got a CD realese :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Of course it is, same as number 9 is in the top 10.

Isn't it?

More like you said that 99 is in the top 10. :thumbsup: Like durr brain! whistling.gif

Stuart (aged 9 and 3/4)

Social source share

"been playing it for a good 2 years"

Still a new discovery then IMO whistling.gif

Only really gets exposure down t'100 club or where ever Ady plays out, so im sure its still an unkown to 75% of the northern scene :lol: ...............Unless its got a CD realese :thumbsup:

Yeah, good call mate.

Pete

As you know, with many records you have to hear them over a big system, at a Nighter

off ya tits, when the volume is pinning ya ears to the wall & the atmosphere is electric, hear this in situ at the 100 Club & I will guarantee you'd get it mate.............wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomph !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Only really gets exposure down t'100 club or where ever Ady plays out, so im sure its still an unkown to 75% of the northern scene :D ...............Unless its got a CD realese :yes:

Here you go Baz, it's on here...

https://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/...+Call+On+Me.htm

I think it was originally on a double LP called Great Wilson Pickett Hits - Wand?, and i reckon that was also brought out as a CD, but i couldn't find one.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Here you go Baz, it's on here...

https://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/...+Call+On+Me.htm

I think it was originally on a double LP called Great Wilson Pickett Hits - Wand?, and i reckon that was also brought out as a CD, but i couldn't find one.

Came out on Double L,as a 45.

Not the same by a long chalk,its Luther Ingram,totaly different............wilson pikcet Ive got is on ALLA,Ady`s is a one off,acitate........he found round the corner from the 100 club.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Pete,your sons developing your angry face :angry:
Social source share

I think it is folly to guess at what the anniversary single might be.

For years I had wanted it to be Gerri Grainger and in recent years Luther Ingram, just like everyone else. I think Dr Rimmer could be closer to the truth on this one.

Reminds me, must get ticket. Paypal suggestion on website is the way to go methinks ... :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert