A Case Of Time,real Or Not,be Nice To Know

Cant change it,can i?,can you?bet it was styrene :yes:

You can Ken, go to your first post, click on edit then select 'full edit' and just change the bit in the title box :D

Seem to remember a stuck on lable on it so prob was styrene :D

Social source share

• Replies 102
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Couple of days on this,think we`ve finaly know whats what?,but you never know...do you?

/james_lewis.jpg(post-1986-1156196075.jpg

We have two we think are ok,but if anybody knows diferant?

In Manship's Price Guide 3rd Edition it has;

Legend L-1001 @ £75 - (Case Of Tyme)

Legend L-1014 @ £30 - (James Lewis and the Case Of Tyme)

So i was right,1014 is first of Case of time with J Lewis,now next question,is it the same?

:yes:

Social source share

My copy on Yellow/Red is unplayable.

I used to play the Green copy out and about in the seventies. Nobody ever said it was different in any way to listen to. They certainly Danced to it, anyway, which was the main objective at the time. "Shop At Tesco's" used to get shouted when it was played.

As far as I'm aware, It was just re-issued on a later number and James Lewis had by that time become the Named lead - Just Like Diana Ross & the Supremes etc.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

My copy on Yellow/Red is unplayable.

I used to play the Green copy out and about in the seventies. Nobody ever said it was different in any way to listen to.

As far as I'm aware, It was just re-issued on a later number and James Lewis had become the Named lead - Like Diana Ross & the Supremes etc.

So a reissue,then Mr Cellar :D ,so were stukc with gettin` a green-un then,with paper label,on styrene,with scratched in matrix then?, :yes:

Miff will be miffed!!

Edited by ken
Social source share

So a reissue,then Mr Cellar :D ,so were stukc with gettin` a green-un then,with paper label,on styrene,with scratched in matrix then?, :yes:

To the best of my knowledge the copy I have, on Styrene, Green Label with the Scratched in ZTSC Matrix is the Original first Issue.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

To the best of my knowledge the copy I have, on Styrene, Green Label with the Scratched in ZTSC Matrix is the first Issue.

I`m orf to bed now,i`ll be dreaming about finding one like yours :yes: cheers Cellar.

A bukcet then the sakc for me,good-night :D

Edited by ken
Social source share

Well , I should modestly call myself a "small gun" !!!

I have both the yellow bootleg and the yellow original.

The yellow one with LEGEND in RED is a 100% ORIGINAL

But yours Ken, the yellow one with LEGEND in BLACK is a 100% BOOT !!!

No comment about the green styrene ....

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Well , I should modestly call myself a "small gun" !!!

I have both the yellow bootleg and the yellow original.

The yellow one with LEGEND in RED is a 100% ORIGINAL

But yours Ken, the yellow one with LEGEND in BLACK is a 100% BOOT !!!

No comment about the green styrene ....

Prove it :yes: i think some pictures might be in order,add to the dubious pictures allready posted,little gun...................Pea shooter more like!! :D maybe?anyway red i have decided is a 100% re-issue,as it is four numbers later,as stated previously issued without Mr Lewis,cant argue with that,or can you?,unless differant cut but so far as we can make,its the same,so sorry to piss on your parade :D join Miff............................. :thumbsup:

And PeteS.........

Edited by ken
Social source share

Prove it :yes: i think some pictures might be in order,add to the dubious pictures allready posted,little gun...................Pea shooter more like!! :D maybe?anyway red i have decided is a 100% re-issue,as it is four numbers later,as stated previously issued without Mr Lewis,cant argue with that,or can you?,unless differant cut but so far as we can make,its the same,so sorry to piss on your parade :D join Miff............................. :thumbsup:

And PeteS.........

But Ken , scans of both yellow discs have already been put up ! The pictures aren't dubious at all !

And why do you say one is " 4 numbers later" ?

They BOTH have the SAME number release "1014" .

As Pete Smith says - it's very simple - the one with legend in red is the ORIGINAL !

Your one with Legend in black is a boot !!! Why so hard to work out ?

Cheers mate !!!

Social source share

But Ken , scans of both yellow discs have already been put up ! The pictures aren't dubious at all !

And why do you say one is " 4 numbers later" ?

They BOTH have the SAME number release "1014" .

As Pete Smith says - it's very simple - the one with legend in red is the ORIGINAL !

Your one with Legend in black is a boot !!! Why so hard to work out ?

Cheers mate !!!

:D

If you look at the original styrene,paper label,scratched ZTSC copy,the number is 1001,and differant produced,you can see for yourself somewhere in the thread,and as somebody said it was done later,with J Lewis added,and i realize my yellow one,is iffy....no arguement there,or have the rules changed :yes:

oops,14 numbers later. Legend_L-1001.jpgthere for you,see it and weep :D

Edited by ken
Social source share

If you look at the original styrene,paper label,scratched ZTSC copy,the number is 1001,and differant produced,you can see for yourself somewhere in the thread,and as somebody said it was done later,with J Lewis added,and i realize my yellow one,is iffy....no arguement there,or have the rules changed :yes:

oops,14 numbers later. Legend_L-1001.jpgthere for you,see it and weep :D

New question,is it acceptable to play the red and yellow one?out

:D

Edited by ken
Social source share

New question,is it acceptable to play the red and yellow one?out

Legend_L-1001.jpg

Just noticed extra 10 seconds on the green,have a look!!,so well could be differant takes?,so both could be original,anybody wanna` take issue?.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Legend_L-1001.jpg

Just noticed extra 10 seconds on the green,have a look!!,so well could be differant takes?,so both could be original,anybody wanna` take issue?.

Scanned_at_21_08_2006_12_51.jpg(post-664-1156161602.jpghope this works.

Oooh eh!!

Edited by ken
Social source share

Of course it is ! The yellow and red is the ORIGINAL for god's sake !!! Ken , what on earth are you on, mate !

What do you mean?,they are both real,but differant............one made before the other,so whats the green one then?,a reissue with a lower number?......,i concede a point,come on call the green one a boot then!!i tell you the timings are differant,means nothing to you...........why?

Edited by ken
Social source share

doh, pete, you're right. didn't have the manship guide at hand when i posted. original "case of tyme" is green with stamped ZTSC matrix. manship guide doesn't really say there's an original crediting "james lewis ...", he says "bootlegged twice with a yellow label black lettering. once in vinyl, once in styrene, delta #102883"

IMO this means, there's no original "james lewis...", what do you think?

Well for a start it was bootlegged more than twice with yellow labels, there's a terrible quality one which was done in 1975 along with bobby paris - night owl - which was also bad, bought both of these from an ad in Black Music magazine. There's also a white label black lettering copy which can be dismissed immediately.

Most or maybe all of the yellow ones with red logo don't have a stamp on them of any sort, just a number. That green styrene copy is lovely, never had that.

Social source share

It's edited differently on the instrumental break (and I also thought the end was different)

Cheers Pete,for that........so we can agree,there are two issue`s............both differant,both original,ie;one is deffinitly a allternative take,either speedin` the master up whistling.gif or more likely,using a differant master,so ok to play both out,but one is deffinitely more real than the other,and my money is on the green one,pluss it all so reflected in the Ovenchipe guid,£30 for a yellow and red(but they all might not be?),and £70 for your Green,paper label,scratched in,styrene copy :P so my yellow one,might still be real :) its a good quality boot if not :P .

I`m sure somebody will know differant :thumbsup: Or post a white demo,for us to rip-apart............oooooh eh. wink.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

Yellow with red logo is original.

Green styrene is original.

One is a slightly different edit, not a different mix or speeded up version.

The more I think about, the more I'm positive that it has a small part of the instrumental break cut.

Thats it!

So simple really,not :) ,so which is the original original then. whistling.gif glad i pointed out the differance first,so not a wasted thread :thumbsup:

Social source share

So simple really,not :D ,so which is the original original then. :lol: glad i pointed out the differance first,so not a wasted thread :lol:

Well ime just pleased that ive only paid a tenner to much rather then 40 quid for a boot

thanks to all the guns what ever your size, that posted up a reply :thumbsup:

any one fancy sending me an mp3 of the longer version so i can listern and compare :ohmy:

Social source share

Well ime just pleased that ive only paid a tenner to much rather then 40 quid for a boot

thanks to all the guns what ever your size, that posted up a reply :thumbsup:

any one fancy sending me an mp3 of the longer version so i can listern and compare :ohmy:

Would be intresting,i think?,dont think anybody is bothered about this thread anymore.we`ll see?,and we have established Y+R is original,of that version,and Y+B are boots,but not em` all though maybe?,only deffo` first is G+B,paper,styrene copy,with scratched matrix,be nice to know the real story,but dont look like we might get it,cheers Miff. Now anybody got mp3 of the G+B for Miff?..........thanks for everybodys input.Ken

Social source share

Ok, ok...what about my copy then. Got it around 15 years ago (can't remember where)...

white label L-1001, black lettering, styrene stick on label, ZTSC - 148638 scratched in the run out groove, credited to 'Case Of Time' ...LEDGEND logo across the top (in black) and not down the side. Demo copy then?

Shop in Norwich has the yellow one with red LEDGEND for sale as a boot.

Social source share

Ok, ok...what about my copy then. Got it around 15 years ago (can't remember where)...

white label L-1001, black lettering, styrene stick on label, ZTSC - 148638 scratched in the run out groove, credited to 'Case Of Time' ...LEDGEND logo across the top (in black) and not down the side. Demo copy then?

Sounds iffy,wanna` sell it? :ohmy: ,and red and yellow,how much is it?,if its cheap £15 or less :thumbsup: i`ll have it.How about a scan of you`re styrene copy?,cheers Ken

Social source share

Sounds iffy,wanna` sell it? :lol: ,and red and yellow,how much is it?,if its cheap £15 or less :thumbsup: i`ll have it.How about a scan of you`re styrene copy?,cheers Ken

PS how long is your one?2.15 like G+W or 2.05 same as Y+R?

Come on Slider,dont take too long,to think about it :ohmy: offer wont be here forever :lol:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Sounds iffy,wanna` sell it? :wub: ,and red and yellow,how much is it?,if its cheap £15 or less whistling.gif i`ll have it.How about a scan of you`re styrene copy?,cheers Ken

Come on Slider,dont take too long,to think about it :lol: offer wont be here forever :thumbsup:

Quiet at the bakc :lol: ........................oh you are!! :wub:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Quiet at the bakc :thumbsup: ........................oh you are!! whistling.gif

Ikcle bump,before me bukcet..........no more different copys,that need investergated` then?

Edited by ken
Social source share

Sounds iffy,wanna` sell it? :lol: ,and red and yellow,how much is it?,if its cheap £15 or less whistling.gif i`ll have it.How about a scan of you`re styrene copy?,cheers Ken

Come on Slider,dont take too long,to think about it :lol: offer wont be here forever :thumbsup:

P.m'd you Ken, running time on mine is 3.15 and looks kosher!

Social source share

P.m'd you Ken, running time on mine is 3.15 and looks kosher!

So Y+R,is lookin` second best then?,and more like a reissue/retake/local issue/Canadian/foriegn/counterfit fukc knows what? :thumbsup:

Might be some more life in this thread,we`ll see..........cheers Slider whistling.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

So Y+R,is lookin` second best then?,and more like a reissue/retake/local issue/Canadian/foriegn/counterfit fukc knows what? :lol:

Might be some more life in this thread,we`ll see..........cheers Slider whistling.gif

Good-night :thumbsup:

Social source share

Here's a scan of the white label styrene copy, which I guess is the same one mentioned by Soul-Slider above. It's definitely a bootleg:

Again looks well nice,????

Social source share

It might very well look good, but the point is that it's a bootleg.

Not arguing whatsoever,seen em` before............wouldnt buy one for a £5,no point its so obvious whistling.gif sounds like slider`s thing,but wait and see,hope not :thumbsup: .Cheers Sebastian

Social source share

Guest 71TRSC

Thanks for clearing up the fact that mine is an original with legend in red and all that. I think I paid £5 for it in some toilets in Brighton in 1990.

Social source share

Thanks for clearing up the fact that mine is an original with legend in red and all that. I think I paid £5 for it in some toilets in Brighton in 1990.

Rub it in why dont you :D

just as a point of intrest any one wanna give a value for the green orig & the yellow orig

as i stated above i paid 40 for mine which i was happy to pay at the time. and will never part with it. and seems a fair price to me :yes:

Social source share

Rub it in why dont you :D

just as a point of intrest any one wanna give a value for the green orig & the yellow orig

as i stated above i paid 40 for mine which i was happy to pay at the time. and will never part with it. and seems a fair price to me :(

Ovenchips+£60 G+B and £30 for Y+R,second take :yes:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Bootleg, worth 10 pence.

(oops sorry didn't realise someone else already said so)

p.s. shop in Norwich sold me an original of Dickie Wonder as a boot!

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Bootleg, worth 10 pence.

(oops sorry didn't realise someone else already said so)

p.s. shop in Norwich sold me an original of Dickie Wonder as a boot!

Secured that red/yellow 'Case Of Tyme' off that shop in Norwich.

By the way Pete, same shop sold me a Moses Smith (Girl Across...) deffo original for £7.

Sorry Ken, white one's same as scan....but who really ever knows? It's a great recording and styrene/label is perfect.

Social source share

Secured that red/yellow 'Case Of Tyme' off that shop in Norwich.

By the way Pete, same shop sold me a Moses Smith (Girl Across...) deffo original for £7.

Sorry Ken, white one's same as scan....but who really ever knows? It's a great recording and styrene/label is perfect.

Well i`m bakc to Y+B,if thats a boot,i`ll wear sokcs at the 100 club anniversary :yes:

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

Well i`m bakc to Y+B,if thats a boot,i`ll wear sokcs at the 100 club anniversary :yes:
Will you be taking this with you Ken? worms.jpg(post-3355-1156350458.jpg

Mines like yours,I always thought it was a

boot but its not now,not until this can is closed.

Social source share

As no ones coming forward with a sound file can someone time the green & black orig to see if it is actully longer, might just explain the release of the yellow & red one if they messed up with the time on the first press if you know what i mean

Edited by miff
Social source share

just spoted jm reading this thred you wrote the book whats the answers blush.gif

He`s buggered off,maybe he knows bugger all :lol: I`m moving to Norwich :rolleyes:

Edited by ken
Social source share