A Case Of Time,real Or Not,be Nice To Know

Couple of days on this,think we`ve finaly know whats what?,but you never know...do you?

/james_lewis.jpg(post-1986-1156196075.jpg

We have two we think are ok,but if anybody knows diferant?

In Manship's Price Guide 3rd Edition it has;

Legend L-1001 @ £75 - (Case Of Tyme)

Legend L-1014 @ £30 - (James Lewis and the Case Of Tyme)

So i was right,1014 is first of Case of time with J Lewis,now next question,is it the same?

Edited by ken
Social source share

• Replies 102
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Bored,just got this very cheep?,maybe you know better :D

Ah!!,but you gotta` put a title on A-side :D £8 it was so cheep!!,hope i aint been to smart for me own good :D I`ll post as scan,if somebody gets it :D

Should be dead easy..........................you can all tell me i`ve been a :fool:

No chance, :D

Bump,nobody then?

Social source share

Bored,just got this very cheep?,maybe you know better :D

Ah!!,but you gotta` put a title on A-side :D £8 it was so cheep!!,hope i aint been to smart for me own good :D I`ll post as scan,if somebody gets it :D

Should be dead easy..........................you can all tell me i`ve been a :fool:

No chance, :D

Is this file working for them thats bothered?thanks Ken.

Social source share

It's the flip to "Manifesto" by Case Of Tyme. "Some Call It Love". Nice one. did you get an original for £8? could take one myself at that price if anyone's selling.

Might not be original?,anybody?james_lewis.jpg(post-1986-1156114822.jpg.....

Paid £20 for thesemarion.jpg(post-1986-1156114879.jpg.....

And this,ketty.jpg(post-1986-1156114929.jpg.so not all lost :D

Ken

Edited by ken
Social source share

manifesto looks like the 70's boot Ken

It dont to me,so then whats a good-un look like then?,no blur on the label,anyway its stayin`real,till some smart alec,proves otherwise :D

Social source share

It dont to me,so then whats a good-un look like then?,no blur on the label,anyway its stayin`real,till some smart alec,proves otherwise :D

it's a bootleg.

original is credited to "case of tyme" and NOT to "james lewis and the case of tyme" (i think 'james lewis' was c/up title...)

Social source share

it's a bootleg.

original is credited to "case of tyme" and NOT to "james lewis and the case of tyme" (i think 'james lewis' was c/up title...)

Ah well,s`pose!! :D cheers Benji,will be removed imediatly,from me good box :D ,wouldnt mind a good-un`,scan anybody?.

Edited by ken
Social source share

it's a bootleg.

Thats not correct Benji, James Lewis is the original (though there's a Case Of Time as well). Ken's copy is a bootleg though.

Social source share

Thats not correct Benji, James Lewis is the original (though there's a Case Of Time as well). Ken's copy is a bootleg though.

Why? :D anybody scan................ :D its half in,and half out of me good box :D

Social source share

Well the word Legend should be in red

Cheers Pete,it`ll look tidy in me crap box :D gonna` hold on to it though,pressin` plants are funny places,how much for a good-un`,and where can i get one?.

Social source share

Why? :D anybody scan................ :D its half in,and half out of me good box :)

Here you go Ken

Scanned_at_21_08_2006_12_51.jpg(post-664

Sorry not for sale, paid 40 quid for mine last year

Social source share

Here you go Ken

Scanned_at_21_08_2006_12_51.jpg(post-664

Sorry not for sale, paid 40 quid for mine last year

Nice one,Miff..............funny type setting,i want one,the boot looks better :)

Social source share

I've got a green one in the sales box Ken :)

It will look much nicer than that yellow one! you know you want it :D

Yuk!!no :D how about a scan,might aswell have em` all,in me little thread :D ,i think mine looks cooooool,thats about it though :D

Social source share

Yuk!!no :D how about a scan,might aswell have em` all,in me little thread :) ,i think mine looks cooooool,thats about it though :D

Will do it when i get home no scanner and amazingly i dont keep my vinyl at work either :D

Social source share

According to Manship:

"styrene original with ZTSC scratched in matrix, vinyl copies with moulded over labels are bootlegs!"

Spanner in the works for Miff,lets have scans of em` all,needs sorting,will a styrene copy owner please stand up,we need a scan :D then you can sell me it............ :)

Social source share

Now ime worried mines got no beveled and the matrix No L1014 A scratched in the run out, got it off a dealer on the assurance it was 100 % original can some one please confirm for me

Social source share

Now ime worried mines got no beveled and the matrix No L1014 A scratched in the run out, got it off a dealer on the assurance it was 100 % original can some one please confirm for me

Well new life added to me thread,just sorry it was the barer of bad news Miff,sombody put us out of our missery,scan of the real original............somebody? :D and then sell me it,cause i think were finding out how rare this really is!!,and wont be able to afford this ever :) couldnt be a east/west/south thing going off with various pressing plants could it?.

Social source share

Come on,where are all the soul boffins when you need em`

Well new life added to me thread,just sorry it was the barer of bad news Miff,sombody put us out of our missery,scan of the real original............somebody? :D and then sell me it,cause i think were finding out how rare this really is!!,and wont be able to afford this ever :) couldnt be a east/west/south thing going off with various pressing plants could it?.

Ken

Social source share

Heres the scan off popspke ken, sold for 60 quid listed as a second issue last year

4726628445_1_.jpg(post-664-1156167118.jp

Cheers Miff,seen em differant than this too,i`m gonna` sell mine as rarer local issue :)

Come on sourcer`s,how many diferent boot/re-issues/originals can we post,on this.

Quote Miff,a few mins ago :D

Come on Miff,name and shame,cant have dealers selling this stuff,as real,can we? :D

Social source share

Ken can't name as not 100% sure which one it was, to be honest ime suprised this has'nt happend to me before the state i get into at such events :)

can only be one of 3 as they were the only ones there and it wasnt one of them as i know him and would remember buying it from him

Social source share

Ken can't name as not 100% sure which one it was, to be honest ime suprised this has'nt happend to me before the state i get into at such events :thumbsup:

can only be one of 3 as they were the only ones there and it wasnt one of them as i know him and would remember buying it from him

Hi All

This is the 100% original Styrene copy with Green Stick On Label and Scratched ZTSC Matrix

Legend_L-1001.jpg

I hope this helps

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi All

This is the 100% original Styrene copy with Green Stick On Label and Scratched ZTSC Matrix

Legend_L-1001.jpg

I hope this helps

Not really,you havent said how much you selling me it for? :unsure:and the yellow one,is 1014.....................so might be,first of J Lewis version?

Edited by ken
Social source share

doh, pete, you're right. didn't have the manship guide at hand when i posted. original "case of tyme" is green with stamped ZTSC matrix. manship guide doesn't really say there's an original crediting "james lewis ...", he says "bootlegged twice with a yellow label black lettering. once in vinyl, once in styrene, delta #102883"

IMO this means, there's no original "james lewis...", what do you think?

Edited by benji
Social source share

doh, pete, you're right. didn't have the manship guide at hand when i posted. original "case of tyme" is green with stamped ZTSC matrix. manship guide doesn't really say there's an original crediting "james lewis ...", he says "bootlegged twice with a yellow label black lettering. once in vinyl, once in styrene, delta #102883"

IMO this means, there's no original "james lewis...", what do you think?

Yes my yellow one :thumbsup:

Not really,you havent said how much you selling me it for? :unsure:and the yellow one,is 1014.....................so might be,first of J Lewis version?,plus differant production,so not trying to copy label,i wonder if they are not the same record,dif version?

Edited by ken
Social source share

Not really,you havent said how much you selling me it for? :thumbsup:

I'm Still collecting, I'm afraid - I have had this copy since the 1970's

I know that there are plenty of Boots, but I thought there were still a few originals about

I do have the Yellow & Red copy which I got after the Green copy, however it wasn't from the same reliable source.

I bought the Yellow & Red for the Label Information as it is unplayable but I was assured that the Yellow & Red was the second time out for this, which is something that I can't 100% confirm

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I'm Still collecting, I'm afraid - I have had this copy since the 1970's

I know that there are plenty of Boots, but I thought there were still a few originals about

Join the line of loser`s,matrix is suposed to be stamped in :thumbsup:

Social source share

Join the line of loser`s,matrix is suposed to be stamped in :thumbsup:

I think that you will find that Information is not 100% correct, even thought it says it in the book. I'm happy with my copy

Check this out and you'll see what I mean https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/73112/CASE+OF+TYME

I hope you find a copy

All the best

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I think that you will find that Information is not 100% correct, even thought it says it in the book. I'm happy with my copy............

I`m gettin` happier with mine aswell,seems there is no definitive answer?,rather have yours,yours is best so far!! :thumbsup: can we have one with a stamp?please.

Anyway i thought a boot would try and keep the same numbers ie;1014,or what did they boot em` from,i`m thinking a later first of James Lewis,i mean they reissued "dont it make you feel funky",and thats worth loads.

Edited by ken
Social source share

I think that you will find that Information is not 100% correct, even thought it says it in the book. I'm happy with my copy

Not convinced mines noy legit yet

my own limited knowledge is kens is a boot also so white ones as I rember them coming out

also that the green ones are boots unless the matrix is stamped in

my understading was that yellow with the ledgend in red where real

as mine is. Pete s sees to be saying the same also the guy that sold it to me

saying that if some one can come on and post up mines a boot and a good reson /explanation

or is a well informed collector of note or I know them I will except it

Social source share

Not convinced mines noy legit yet

my own limited knowledge is kens is a boot also so white ones as I rember them coming out

also that the green ones are boots unless the matrix is stamped in

my understading was that yellow with the ledgend in red where real

as mine is. Pete s sees to be saying the same also the guy that sold it to me

saying that if some one can come on and post up mines a boot and a good reson /explanation

or is a well informed collector of note or I know them I will except it

The yellow ones are usualy smudged and very shiney and very thin :thumbsup: not nice like mine..

So nobody yet?

Social source share

Ken seems strange weve had no posts from the big guns on site, come on you lot it obvious we dont know what were talking about some one please put us right or is it that your were| right when you said there is no correct answer and we all got real ones :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ken seems strange weve had no posts from the big guns on site, come on you lot it obvious we dont know what were talking about some one please put us right or is it that your were| right when you said there is no correct answer and we all got real ones :thumbsup:

They dont like me......................fukc em` :yes:

Social source share

They dont like me......................fukc em` :yes:

Bump :thumbsup:Ken

Quote Miff,earlier

seems strange weve had no posts from the big guns on site, come on you lot it obvious we dont know what were talking about some one please put us right or is it that your were| right when you said there is no correct answer and we all got real ones

Edited by ken
Social source share

Bump :thumbsup:Ken

Quote Miff,earlier

seems strange weve had no posts from the big guns on site, come on you lot it obvious we dont know what were talking about some one please put us right or is it that your were| right when you said there is no correct answer and we all got real ones

Hi All

Just a point, not all long standing collectors are well known, and they still have 1000's of Rare Records.

Just because that person isn't a "Big Gun" or known, they have still aquired knowledge over the years and are sharing what they know with you.

I stand by my copy with the Green Label, on Styrene with the Scratched in Matrix.

You mention Joe Hicks - Don't It Make You Feel Funky - AGC

Here is an Original;

AGC_0001.jpg

It is on Vinyl Delta 70422-X

I bought It around the same time

I will try to help anyone when I can with any information when I am certain is correct.

We are all still learning, and gaining fresh information on these records as we collect,

AND we can all be wrong from time to time as there are surprises out there.

Any time I can help with Information, I will

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi All

Just a point, not all long standing collectors are well known, and still have 1000's of Rare Records

Just because that person isn't a "Big Gun" or known, they have still aquired knowledge over the years and are sharing what they know with you.

I stand by my copy with the Green Label, on Styrene with the Scratched in Matrix.

You mention Joe Hicks - Don't It Make You Feel Funky - AGC

Here is an Original;

AGC_0001.jpg

It is on Vinyl Delta 70422-X

I bought It around the same time

I will try to help anyone when I can with information when I am certain is correct.

We are all still learning, and gaining fresh information on these records as we collect.

Just be nice for a bit of input from the Big guns,is that alot to ask?,and Joe Hikcs got reissued,differant B-side and expencive :yes: and i would say your green one was 100% the real deal,"manifesto" that is!!,cheers 45 cellar............top banana :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just be nice for a bit of input from the Big guns,is that alot to ask?,and Joe Hikcs got reissued,differant B-side and expencive :yes: and i would say your green one was 100% the real deal,"manifesto" that is!!,cheers 45 cellar............top banana :thumbsup:

Hi Ken

I must admit that I can't understand why there hasn't been more input on this.

You are right, it's not a lot to ask. We should share knowledge, because as I say we are all still learning

Social source share

Might get a bit more interest if you change the title to........case of tyme boot or not? or summin along them lines, then maybe an expert on that area might notice it ect :yes:

Just went to look for my green copy to see if its on Vinyl or Styrene but its gone must ave sold it, so Ken your safe from that one :D

Social source share

Might get a bit more interest if you change the title to........case of tyme boot or not? or summin along them lines, then maybe an expert on that area might notice it ect :D

Just went to look for my green copy to see if its on Vinyl or Styrene but its gone must ave sold it, so Ken your safe from that one :D

Cant change it,can i?,can you?bet it was styrene :yes:

Social source share