Good Soul Nights

:lol: with all the talk about the amount of soul nights around at the moment i was wondering what you think constitutes a good soul night.???

imo

not in order of priority,

good venue that lends itself to a good atmosphere even when not too many turn out.

good promoters who are friendly and approachable

good music mix, not the same top 50

cheap beer.

different faces, (shows there,s new interest)

not knowing what will be played each month.

good djs, but not neccesarily top names.

knowing the djs have spent their money on originals but not too bothered if a few re-issues are played.

safe parking??

friendly bar staff.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good question Bridget.

Hopefully the replies will assist me in my research (as has Chalky's Promotion poll).

For me (at my time of life)...

I dont want a crappy Scout Hut type venue (as described by Malc Burton in the other thread). I spend my working life in a good quality environment. Don't want to spend the weekend in a Fleapit.

I want to hear good quality Soul Music from all eras - a few memory jerkers - a few things I've never heard before - a mix of tempos... but 'proper' Soul Music.

I want to hear good quality DJ's who know how to 'build' a night. I dont mind what media they use either. I'm only interested in what comes out of the speakers.

Occasional guests - who can deliver the goods rather than just play to themselves.

I want to see a good, friendly, crowd - on a decent dancefloor - which helps to generate atmosphere.

I would like at least 6 Record / CD boxes to go through (Dealers welcome).

And World Peace!

Any suggestions?

:lol:

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

:wicked: with all the talk about the amount of soul nights around at the moment i was wondering what you think constitutes a good soul night.???

imo

good venue that lends itself to a good atmosphere even when not too many turn out.

cheap beer.

knowing the djs have spent their money on originals but not too bothered if a few re-issues are played.

safe parking??

friendly bar staff.

Some decent wine at any venue would be nice, maybe the answer is a soul night at a wine bar :wicked: with a large dancefloor :lol:

Social source share

:D with all the talk about the amount of soul nights around at the moment i was wondering what you think constitutes a good soul night.???

imo

cheap beer.

safe parking??

friendly bar staff.

Try Cheltenham

Social source share

Good question Bridget.

Hopefully the replies will assist me in my research (as has Chalky's Promotion poll).

I dont want a crappy Scout Hut type venue (as described by Malc Burton in the other thread). I spend my working life in a good quality environment. Don't want to spend the weekend in a Fleapit.

I want to hear good quality Soul Music from all eras - a few memory jerkers - a few things I've never heard before - a mix of tempos... but 'proper' Soul Music.

I want to hear good quality DJ's who know how to 'build' a night. I dont mind what media they use either. I'm only interested in what comes out of the speakers.

Occasional guests - who can deliver the goods rather than just play to themselves.

I want to see a good, friendly, crowd - on a decent dancefloor - which helps to generate atmosphere.

And World Peace!

Any suggestions?

:D

Sean Hampsey

agree with most of that but not the world peace :D

Social source share

Good question Bridget.

And World Peace!

Any suggestions?

:D

Sean Hampsey

Yep, think you have got it all there Sean, brilliant :D

Where is this venue though ? Whitby ? :D

Social source share

Guest colin brown

I liked your review on "room at the back",thanks mate.also interested in some of the replies you got sean concerning why some nights are better attended than others.Iwill in the future move my night to sat.but will find out if it clashes with anyone. :D

Social source share

Is that blasphemy ?

but I agree entirely, don't care if it's vinyl or CD, I just want to dance.

and to save me posting on that other thread..... I'm 51

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert