Shirley Ellis - Soul Time

Andrea Ko

A very good question, about 3 - 4 years ago you could buy one for less than a fiver :ohmy:  now they are about £20.00+ a throw depending on the issue. An EX original US Columbia will cost around £15-25 and the US re-issue not much less. On original UK CBS 7463 about £25.00 or more and the later CBS re-issue about £15 - 20.  I think mine's on Australian CBS, would need to check.

If you want to buy one be patient, shop around, go for the early UK CBS issue with the 4 spoked centre :thumbsup: Good luck.

Edited by Chris L
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

The original UK issue is on CBS, catalogue number 202606, reviewed in Record Mirror Mar 11, 1967.

The second UK issue is on CBS, catalogue number CBS 7463, date on the demo is 10 Sep 1971.

The third UK issue is on CBS, catalogue number M CBS 4901, January 1977. Originally in blue vinyl, later black.

Social source share

The original UK issue is on CBS, catalogue number 202606, reviewed in Record Mirror Mar 11, 1967.

The second UK issue is on CBS, catalogue number CBS 7463, date on the demo is 10 Sep 1971.

The third UK issue is on CBS, catalogue number M CBS 4901, January 1977. Originally in blue vinyl, later black.

I remember the 3rd release on Blue Vinyl, it was part of a series of reissues, the sleeves were distinctive and had the logo 'Disco Doubles'.  Both sides of the vinyl had been popular in the past. 

There were quite a few to buy, I collected most of them as I was buying anything at the time that had a connection with soul music.  Boots the chemist always had Northern related records for sale (in Keighley) I do remember a cardboard display, like a rack stand with all the titles available.

My favourite issue of Soul Time is on Canadian Vinyl, clear and punchy, my speakers want to jump around the room when I play i!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I remember the 3rd release on Blue Vinyl, it was part of a series of reissues, the sleeves were distinctive and had the logo 'Disco Doubles'.  Both sides of the vinyl had been popular in the past. 

There were quite a few to buy, I collected most of them as I was buying anything at the time that had a connection with soul music.  Boots the chemist always had Northern related records for sale (in Keighley) I do remember a cardboard display, like a rack stand with all the titles available.

My favourite issue of Soul Time is on Canadian Vinyl, clear and punchy, my speakers want to jump around the room when I play i!

Always liked Canadian issues vinyl, good quality pressed, they sound great. Columbian styrene is kak!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!