Liz Lands

Elizabeth (Liz) Lands did an (early pre Motown) track 'He's Got The Whole World In His Hands'. I had it on a tape or CD somewhere but can't find it. Has anyone got any info or better still a soundfile ?

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Elizabeth (Liz) Lands did an (early pre Motown) track 'He's Got The Whole World In His Hands'. I had it on a tape or CD somewhere but can't find it. Has anyone got any info or better still a soundfile ?

So it's not the version released in 1963 as the b-side of Gordy 7026 you're after? whistling.gif

If it is, I have it and can help you out.

Social source share

Must be that then Sebastian. I thought it was pre Motown for some reason. Is it credited to Elizabeth Lands or is my mind going??

So it's not the version released in 1963 as the b-side of Gordy 7026 you're after? whistling.gif

If it is, I have it and can help you out.

Social source share

Simon White said:
Must be that then Sebastian. I thought it was pre Motown for some reason. Is it credited to Elizabeth Lands or is my mind going??

It's credited to Liz Lands. Apparently there are 12-14 unreleased Motown recordings by Liz Lands still in the can. I've attached a picture of her below as well.

Have you heard "Don't Shut Me Out" on One-Derful? I think it's very nice.

lizlands.jpg(post-1392-1155894780.jpg

Social source share

Cheers Seb. It is the one I was thinking of. I think there must be something else that is credited to Elizabeth Lands. The reason I was asking about this one was some friends came over last night with a load of 45's and Marv Johnsons version was amongst them and it was naggingly familiar. The same arrangement as Liz's version. I do know Liz's 'Don't Shut Me Out'. I spoke to her on the phone once. Ian Levine was trying to bring her over to perform. Money was sent to the US but.......I would have given my right arm to hear her sing live.

Thanks for that.

Social source share

Cheers Seb. It is the one I was thinking of. I think there must be something else that is credited to Elizabeth Lands. The reason I was asking about this one was some friends came over last night with a load of 45's and Marv Johnsons version was amongst them and it was naggingly familiar. The same arrangement as Liz's version. I do know Liz's 'Don't Shut Me Out'. I spoke to her on the phone once. Ian Levine was trying to bring her over to perform. Money was sent to the US but.......I would have given my right arm to hear her sing live.

Thanks for that.

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help you out. thumbsup.gif Yes, same arrangement (but not the same recording) as the Marv Johnson version which also was recorded at Hitsville.

Social source share

It's credited to Liz Lands. Apparently there are 12-14 unreleased Motown recordings by Liz Lands still in the can. I've attached a picture of her below as well.

Have you heard "Don't Shut Me Out" on One-Derful? I think it's very nice.

I personally think they should have left "Whole World In His Hands" in the can too :shhh:whistling.gif Terrible :shhh:

Social source share

Terrible only in the narrow, tiny, anal boxed in and blinkered Northern Soul world Chalky. Believe it or not there a whole world of other people out there and some of them like different things! :lol:

I personally think they should have left "Whole World In His Hands" in the can too :lol:whistling.gif Terrible :lol:
Social source share

Terrible only in the narrow, tiny, anal boxed in and blinkered Northern Soul world Chalky. Believe it or not there a whole world of other people out there and some of them like different things! :lol:

If we all liked the same it would be pretty boring Simon.

Last thing I consider myself is blinkered with my tastes restricted purely to Northern Soul rolleyes.gif:lol: but that is truly awful :lol:

Social source share

Yes mate.

If we all liked the same it would be pretty boring Simon.

Last thing I consider myself is blinkered with my tastes restricted purely to Northern Soul rolleyes.gif:lol: but that is truly awful :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert