Show Us Your Great Photos - Pt2

Amsterdam Russ

6 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

This is the field where I normally walk the dog, viewed from the other side of the A66.  The river is the Eamont.

DSC_1408.thumb.JPG.231836481043bbe1ed769

Great picture Steve. The storm is causing real problems for many people isn't it - not a great lead  up to Christmas for those who have suffered flood or wind damage. We've had high winds here in Notts but have been spared the torrential rain. It's also very mild - 13 degrees today, and the wind is dropping.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Gutted about the twig across the left hand side of the owls face, but there's always the next time, the next picture.

Steve

Steve, nothing you can do about them hiding in trees, especially Owls, they would be buggers to play hide and seek with.

That is a rare bird to see, so any photo of it is a bonus

• Helpful 3
Social source share

28 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

Steve, nothing you can do about them hiding in trees, especially Owls, they would be buggers to play hide and seek with.

There's quite a lot of them on the fens, my father is always going on about them, mind you as a gamekeeper he blames any raptor for taking partridge and pheasant chicks, when it's possibly a mink, stoat, weasel or even otter.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, TattooDave said:

There's quite a lot of them on the fens, my father is always going on about them, mind you as a gamekeeper he blames any raptor for taking partridge and pheasant chicks, when it's possibly a mink, stoat, weasel or even otter.

Foxes get the blame round our way.Even for otter damage.they love to eat eggs and baby birds.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

12 hours ago, martyn pitt said:

Martyn. Its only I think the second maybe third time that I've actually seen a long eared owl but the first time when I've had a camera with me. was well chuffed . Now if I could only turn back time for all the times that I've seen barn owls and tawnies when I never had a camera.

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

31 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Martyn. Its only I think the second maybe third time that I've actually seen a long eared owl but the first time when I've had a camera with me. was well chuffed . No if I could only turn back time for all the times that I've seen barn owls and tawnies when I never had a camera.

Steve

Steve have you seen a short eared owl?They are very erratic during flight.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

4 minutes ago, NCFC said:

Steve have you seen a short eared owl?They are very erratic during flight.

Yes Chris. Only recently for the first time, They seem to be very common in the Northwest this year. They must have had a very successful breeding season last year. They have such a distinctive round face when flying. Not had any opportunities to photograph them though, but here's hoping its soon. Bet they're common in the fens with that habitat.

steve 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Yes Chris. Only recently for the first time, They seem to be very common in the Northwest this year. They must have had a very successful breeding season last year. They have such a distinctive round face when flying. Not had any opportunities to photograph them though, but here's hoping its soon. Bet they're common in the fens with that habitat.

steve 

I'm a bit further east in Norfolk than the fens but they seem to thrive here too.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

7 minutes ago, suzannek said:

20151212_161052.thumb.jpg.41860545af4e55evRXBBBmTLWK7KA56evRXBBBmTLWK7KA56We had a snowfall yesterday of 7 inches of snow at Wham, here is the front garden yesterday evening 12.12.15

Hi Suz

Wow! It's so mild here - fog and rain. Your picture would grace any Christmas Card.

I hope all is well with you.

Peter

x

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Here's one I forget to post from my recent visit to Betws y coed. Love the stark and decaying wood covered in mosses and lichen

Steve

IMG_20141125_141847.jpg

Hiya Steve

I love this photograph. A quality printed copy of that would look great in a frame in anyone's wall.

Well done mate.

Peter

• Helpful 2
Social source share