Here's One For U Lot ..requests

Bazza

Guest NASHEE

But if you have a Northern soul record and take it to ask a DJ to play surely might think i don't have it and wonder what it is like i can give it a try or if they know it play it as it's been requested if you know the DJ surely it helps.

I for one know if i was to DJ and someone said i got a record you might not have and would love to hear why not spin it and try it and can also use it as my request i would say fine

After all we pay to go and expect if requested a song which can be played it should be played, my dad has no problems with asking for Sugar dumpling all the time without fail a DJ has played it.

And if you had no idea of the tempo or style of the record.....in which part of your spot would you play it ?....I don't have sugar dumpling either

Social source share

• Replies 54
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest WPaulVanDyk

and there goes my answer to someone who don't have a song you might ask for you can be lucky and have the copy with you or next time you take it along and say i asked for a song you don't have but brought it with me tonight so you can play it.

For the DJ there choice be ignorant and say no or be nice and say i will play it for you.

Social source share

and there goes my answer to someone who don't have a song you might ask for you can be lucky and have the copy with you or next time you take it along and say i asked for a song you don't have but brought it with me tonight so you can play it.

For the DJ there choice be ignorant and say no or be nice and say i will play it for you.

If it were me... i'd say NO!

I wouldn't be ignorant about it... i'd just say no.

In fact... i'd think you were the ignorant one bringing your own record with you and expecting someone to play it.

Social source share

Just remembered.

I asked Brian Rae once in the small room on Morecombe pier, if he was going to play any Northern Soul. his reply shouldnt be printed on a public forum. but it was along the lines of -floor cloth you mucking ginger constable.

I think my RnB tolerance threshold had been met and surpassed that night.

:lol:laugh.gif

Think i may have mentioned it before but here goes anyway.

At my first Allnighter as a young lad, Yate, i asked (i think it was) Ian Clarke if he would play "George Carrow - Angel Baby". His reply was "Have you F***ing got it ?", scuttleing off back under my stone was not a very pleasant experience !! laugh.gif

So for that reason I would definatley do my best to accomidate someones request.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert