Dancers Only

mischief

Dancers only Not DJ/dancers  

1. 1. Frank Wilson

• Its a classic example of quality northern soul. A timeless master piece
    • Its all hype & little substance. Wasn't very good in the first place, then it got overplayed.
    • I prefer to sit on the fence, my opinions don't count

• Replies 31
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'd like to think originals but if your dancing you wouldn't know unless you checked the decks after every record...."original"..."original"..."ohh no, I just danced to a bootleg!" :D

My vote is cast :D

Social source share

Frank Wilson? How many original copies? Certainly not enough for the amount of times the record has been played & danced to over the last 20 years. Never heard a promoter say over the mic. "Unfotunately Mr. Kenny Burrell is not appearing here tonight - please do not offend the DJs by asking for Frank Wilson as none of them have it."

I totally agree that original is best in both credibility & sound quality . However I have a problem with people who totally dimiss CDs.I don't mean "Dale Wintons - Now That's What I Call Northern" compilations. I am talking about quality previously unreleased stuff from Motown - RCA etc. I think the whole idea of releasing them is so people can hear them properly & not off some dodgy acetate that some top jock is playing.

The last Cellarful of Motown had two blinding (previously unreleased) tracks by JJ Barnes - they of course will never get played - that is a crying shame.

Social source share

I am talking about quality previously unreleased stuff from Motown - RCA etc. I think the whole idea of releasing them is so people can hear them properly & not off some dodgy acetate that some top jock is playing.

The last Cellarful of Motown had two blinding (previously unreleased) tracks by JJ Barnes - they of course will never get played - that is a crying shame.

Bet they do, Vinyl Carvers anyone? :D

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

If I was on the dancefloor and someone played something nice and fast like the CODs She's Fire - wouldnt give a flying f**k what it was on the decks at the time :ohmy:

if I was on the dancefloor and I then found out the DJ was playing a boot I'd run to the loo, vomit in disgust and then leave never to return, pausing only briefly to make wa*ker signs at the chav behind the decks.

Social source share

Guest ON HUBERT STREET

if I was on the dancefloor and I then found out the DJ was playing a boot I'd run to the loo, vomit in disgust and then leave never to return, pausing only briefly to make wa*ker signs at the chav behind the decks.

YEAH!!! :ohmy:

Social source share

dont talk s****e :ohmy:

Social source share

Oooh get you! :ohmy:

OK, I exaggerated, I wouldn't vomit, but I would definitely do one, and I would make a w*nker sign.

check the decks everytime somebody spins something that might be a bit rare to see if its an original or not do you, must do that before I have a dance :shades:

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

check the decks everytime somebody spins something that might be a bit rare to see if its an original or not do you, must do that before I have a dance :ohmy:

No, it's much simpler than that. Just don't go to shite clubs where they play fake records.

Social source share

Personally I prefer boots.

The perceived pitch of a sound is just the ear's response to frequency, ie, for most practical purposes the pitch is just the frequency.

Pitch is a term used to describe the frequency of sound waves. The normal range of human hearing is from about 20 Hz to 20 000 Hz.

And thus I can pick them up much better with my hearing aid.

Social source share

IMHO Vinyl Carvers are worse than boots/reissues/cds.

Why is that??,if someone has brought or owned the Orig Lp or legit Cd,or been giving an unreleased track on a Cdr,

why should they not get a track cut on to 45 if it makes life easier for them,but if your talking about cutting big rare 45s they don`t own then plying them out well that`s a different game so to speak :shades::ohmy:

Dave f..............

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Why is that??,if someone has brought or owned the Orig Lp or legit Cd,or been giving an unreleased track on a Cdr,

why should they not get a track cut on to 45 if it makes life easier for them,but if your talking about cutting big rare 45s they don`t own then plying them out well that`s a different game so to speak :shades::ohmy:

Dave f..............

absolutely , if something is cd only release or album only , you travel a lot and can't carry albums but own the artist original album then why not

Social source share

No, it's much simpler than that. Just don't go to shite clubs where they play fake records.

Several times, I have walked our of all lighters and evening doo's, because they play boot's. When I bay the money on the door I want to hear the originals. :lol:

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

I'd like to think originals but if your dancing you wouldn't know unless you checked the decks after every record...."original"..."original"..."ohh no, I just danced to a bootleg!" :D

My vote is cast :)

:lol:

Me too!

Social source share

Surely the sound over the systems tells you the quality of the record alone. :lol:

no not all the time as there are probably a lot of good boots out there and a lot of poor sound systems too.the argument here is not of being a collector, but about being a dancer enjoying themselves with whats being played - if djs just played out crap 'rarities' all nite that were poor, undanceable etc (have seen this before too) then I wouldnt walk out, but I wouldnt go back again. Last soul nite I went to the dj played a blinder. not sure if they were all originals or not (knowing the cap who was djing it is unlikely) but me and about 150 others were having a ball :)

Social source share

but me and about 150 others were having a ball :lol:

Which is the whole point of going out to a club - otherwise you could just nip round peoples houses and thumb through each others records and view/talk about them in full light and not under the influence of anything. You can't really talk in a club, well I can't - I'm a bit deaf when the musics played loud :)

Social source share

I'd like to think originals but if your dancing you wouldn't know unless you checked the decks after every record...."original"..."original"..."ohh no, I just danced to a bootleg!" :)

My vote is cast :D

reckon 99% of stoke would not know, or care :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

i wouldnt care if it meant hearing top quality tunes locally instead of having to travel hundred of miles to hear originals which of course is what i would want to hear if i was travelling hundreds of miles but in a localish venue with loads of mates having a ball, NO

Social source share

i wouldnt care if it meant hearing top quality tunes locally instead of having to travel hundred of miles to hear originals which of course is what i would want to hear if i was travelling hundreds of miles but in a localish venue with loads of mates having a ball, NO

You don't have to travel hundreds of miles you got Bisley & Eastbourne.. might be an hour an half in the car but thats nothing :) ... any thing around 2 hours is local :lol:

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

reckon 99% of stoke would not know, or care :lol:

I hope you mean...Stoke the venue....not Stokies themselves :)

Yours Sincerely

Mrs Angry....original vinyl collector,,,Stoke :D

Social source share