Dj's Only Please

mischief

THIS IS FOR THE DJ'S - BOOTS OR ORIGINALS  

1. 1. Frank Wilson

• Its a classic example of quality northern soul. A timeless master piece
    • Its all hype & little substance. Wasn't very good in the first place, then it got overplayed.
    • I prefer to sit on the fence, my opinions don't count

Guest ON HUBERT STREET

Eh? Merseyside by an unfortunate accident of birth, London by choice.

Why?

Don't say we know each other.. I did used to live in Latchford for a bit. Might have met at Mr Smiths Hogey wagon.

Well I used to do the Soul Train at Smiths on a Wednesday, so possibly. :ohmy:

Social source share

• Replies 85
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy BB

Well I used to do the Soul Train at Smiths on a Wednesday, so possibly. :ohmy:

I played there too!

With Alex and Ray. Who the heck are you then?

Social source share

fair enough. however, there is a search facility that enables you to read the 1000's of posts on this subject. You wouldn't have to read them all as the first 8 cover all the opinions and the rest are just repeated.

Shane

I've been on here 2 years and I can't find threads most of the time.

Why not just let it flow anyway, whats wrong if a subject gets repeated, who is it actually bothering? Not the readers I wouldn't have thought.

p.s. I agree with Hubert.

Social source share

Barry is my name Tony.

I'll play anything from Northern to House and most black music era's between, apart from Rap and R&B as it goes, although I am having to take it on the neck a bit at present on here I am not the plant that certain members may think.

Without sounding rude Barry, you wouldn't be DJ'ing at a traditional allnighter so the bootleg vs original isn't really relevant, I doubt if anyone would bother if you dropped in a Goldmine 7 among your house stuff, just as no one cared that Stuart Maconie's radio 2 Northern programmes were all from CD

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````OK HOW ABOUT THIS I HAVE A NUMBER OF UNISSUED SONGS ON;LY AVALIABLE ON MASTERTAPE I HAVE SPENT MONTHS NOT YEARS GETTIN THESE I HAVE TRANSFERRED THEM THEM TO ACETATE NO ONE ELSE WILL GET THEM IS THAT EXCEPTABLE,ALSO DJ,D RECENTLEY EVERYTHING PLAYED OF ORIGINAL MEGA RARE OLDIES PLUS NEWIEWS WAS TOLD BY THE DJ AFTER ME YOU DONT HEED ORIGINALS TO GET THEM DANCIN EVERYTHING HE PLAYED WAS A BOOT NOW WAS HE JEALOUS OR JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A POINT U DECIDE EITHER WAY I FELT LIKE SMACKIN HIM IN THE THE MOUTH U HAD TO BE THERE IT WAS THE WAY HE SAID IT .......AND THIS FUCKER DJ,S ALL OVER THE PLACE DOWN SOUTH AND NOT 1 ORIGINAL IN HIS BOX```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````OK HOW ABOUT THIS I HAVE A NUMBER OF UNISSUED SONGS ON;LY AVALIABLE ON MASTERTAPE I HAVE SPENT MONTHS NOT YEARS GETTIN THESE I HAVE TRANSFERRED THEM THEM TO ACETATE NO ONE ELSE WILL GET THEM IS THAT EXCEPTABLE,ALSO DJ,D RECENTLEY EVERYTHING PLAYED OF ORIGINAL MEGA RARE OLDIES PLUS NEWIEWS WAS TOLD BY THE DJ AFTER ME YOU DONT HEED ORIGINALS TO GET THEM DANCIN EVERYTHING HE PLAYED WAS A BOOT NOW WAS HE JEALOUS OR JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A POINT U DECIDE EITHER WAY I FELT LIKE SMACKIN HIM IN THE THE MOUTH U HAD TO BE THERE IT WAS THE WAY HE SAID IT .......AND THIS FUCKER DJ,S ALL OVER THE PLACE DOWN SOUTH AND NOT 1 ORIGINAL IN HIS BOX```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Who is it? Go on, the paying public deserve to know...

Social source share

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` AND PEOPLE SAY THAT PEOPLE WITH ONLY ORIGINALS ARE ELITEIST....YEAH RIGHT :ohmy:

Social source share

bugger my encounter was down south...might have been the same bloke :shades:

cookie :ohmy:

Social source share

I AGREE NICK GOOD SET AT SOUL OR NOTHIN BY THE WAY I,M THE GUY WITH THE JACKIE BEAVERS FOR SALE :ohmy: I

original us 45s or albums,vinyl carvers for the odd unrealesed tracks. Definately no boots,cds at a soul event.
Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Why not just let it flow anyway, whats wrong if a subject gets repeated, who is it actually bothering? Not the readers I wouldn't have thought.

fair enough pete. you are welcome to your opinion too. i just hope someone else doesnt start another thread regarding this topic though. we have 3 and a half already :ohmy:

i am sure you agree that one of my jobs is to keep things in order though. would be a right mess if we let the members run riot :ohmy::shades:

Shane

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

I,LL GIVE YA A CLUE FIRST NAME BEGAN WITH K

Good clue.

And would I be right in saying that despite the fact you wanted to smack him in the mouth the reason you didn't is because he's got a heck of a high kick?

Social source share

Good clue.

And would I be right in saying that despite the fact you wanted to smack him in the mouth the reason you didn't is because he's got a heck of a high kick?

NO THATS GOT NOWT TO DO WIV IT............................... Edited by cenco
Social source share

I have a half decent collection that has took 25 years + to build up and I've been a working class lad all the way, no fancy job or wages to talk of, so what I've got I've done without food and fags for on occassion.

I've also got boots, 2nd pressings, re-issues etc as there is no way on Gods earth I'll ever have the money for a Del- Larks and the like.

Bobbins mate.

Why must this class thing always be dragged into the NS equation? I think things have moved on from pit ponies, candles, ear muffs & bicycle clips. It's a fact that most of the 'waged' masses earn far more than your average middle class, university educated, office bound muppet. The NS scene is rather like the English language itself, its UK devotees are no longer the proprietors of their own 'scene', thanks be to Internet, blessed be Its name forever. Just as English is spoken from Vanuatu to Bognor, the NS scene is now a truly international 'scene' & therefore no longer prey to this stifling 'I'm just a working class kid' claptrap. And anyway, in Blair's Britain, there's so such thing as a 'working class', is there? ... :ohmy:

macca

PS - originals only, be they 45s or 33s, UK or US...

Social source share

Always personally enjoy this topic, still think it's up to the promotor of the club, as a dj i would always do what was required by the promotor as a matter of respect, i've played at clubs where it's original vinyl only & have duly done so but i've also played at dos where they're not bothered about original vinyl only, both have worked out well.

It's a big scene full of differing views, it's quite simple if you want originals only go to one of those clubs & if you're not bothered about the originals thing go to a club that has this policy & if you're like me quite happy as long as your hearing good tunes go to both.

Simon

Social source share

Guest rachel

That's because you don't have my magical powers :ohmy:

I think Mr H Street should be praised for bringing the expression "Bobbins" to prominence on this forum :shades:

Social source share

Originals only!, an exexption made say for legitimate vinyl releases of previous unreleased tracks i.e Kent 45's, and bollocks to the "It's What in the Groove Counts" apologists, I don't want to travel a couple of hundred mile to hear poor quality vinyl carvers lookilikes, or as occurred in the past, acetates cut from a tape that end only to launch into the next track on the source tape. If Berry Gordy thought his motto was being used to justify bootlegging and sharp practice, he'd send some very large blokes round to help change your mind.

So what do you play Mr. Hubert Street, if that is your name?

I've just seen on the other topic, Barry I presume

Oy he's not me..Im me :ohmy:

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

Guest Brian J

It's not often I agree with you Pete :) but entirely behind you and Hubert on this one.

This is the first time I've read through a debate on vinyl versus whatever on here.

If some people find it repetative then why read it, let alone join in.

Always personally enjoy this topic, still think it's up to the promotor of the club, as a dj i would always do what was required by the promotor as a matter of respect, i've played at clubs where it's original vinyl only & have duly done so but i've also played at dos where they're not bothered about original vinyl only, both have worked out well.

It's a big scene full of differing views, it's quite simple if you want originals only go to one of those clubs & if you're not bothered about the originals thing go to a club that has this policy & if you're like me quite happy as long as your hearing good tunes go to both.

Simon

Well said Simon :lol:

Social source share

Barry is my name Tony.

I'll play anything from Northern to House and most black music era's between, apart from Rap and R&B as it goes, although I am having to take it on the neck a bit at present on here I am not the plant that certain members may think.

I can certainly vouch for that Barry. You are one of the best guys I've ever met on the Scene! Hope all is well with OHS.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

c*cksucker blues - the Rolling Stones?

I thought it was 'StarFukcer'....or was that another Stones classic with a lewd title..but only on original UK issue - gatefold sleeve - Exile on Main Street.... :lol: Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I thought it was 'StarFukcer'....or was that another Stones classic with a lewd title..but only on original UK issue - gatefold sleeve - Exile on Main Street.... :) Jo

Or was it on 'Goats Head Soup....' :lol: can't remember.....it's all so long ago :D Jo

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Hope this works, there are a few dj's on soul source so if they all answer the poll, we will see how the DJ's really feel... and then maybe we will see the truth about all this... :lol:

Thing is you can vote and not leave your name so please be honest :)

Original vinyl us and uk issues only thats it :D

Social source share