• Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ok Pedro Smart arse

I NEED YOU...I was confused..

was told it was booted???

Was booted sadly without spoken intro. I bought a copy by mistake unaware it had been booted yes.gif . orig should have silver colour. boot label is poorly made and sound quality isn´t the best either. don´t think it has been booted w spoken intro

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Was booted sadly without spoken intro. I bought a copy by mistake unaware it had been booted shhh.gif . orig should have silver colour. boot label is poorly made and sound quality isn´t the best either. don´t think it has been booted w spoken intro

I'm with Pete S on this one - I'm pretty sure that both issues of "I Need You" are 100% legal. I seem to remember that Mr. Creative Funk (whatever his name was) re-tooled the original version to Ian Levine's specifications, after meeting Ian, in the wake of the massive Mecca success of "Tow-A-Way Zone".

I have both records in the attic somewhere and I'll be checking the labels etc. in due course. Don't ever remember it being booted, as copies were not actually all that hard to find when it was a new release.

TONE :D

Social source share

OK THIS CAME OUT ON TWO ISSUES ONE WITH AND ONE WITHOUT SPOKEN INTRO

WHICH ONE WAS BOOTLEGGED AND HOW DO YOU SPOT IT VISUALLY?

THE GASHER
yes.gif

PLEASE

Not 100% sure on this but aren't the paler "demo" copies boots?

The original's are a darker purple

Cheers Paul Woosnam

PS I'm confused 'bout this spoken intro business.

Social source share

Demos are white with purple print....
With a spoken intro? My demo's dark purple vocal/inst I was assured this was original. Never seen a white. Really confused now, 'specially after I gave away a light purple demo thinking it was a boot! ........Still it went to a good home.

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

I´m quite sure my prom copy withoput spoken intro is a boot though even if its not mentioned in JMs b-guide. . Its like they copied the label from an orig and the silver lettering is missing. Sound quality is not the best on mine either . been told the orig must have the silver lettering. I´m sure this has been disussused before but can´t find the link sadly . don´t think the spoken intro one has been booted . great track! would love to upgrade my copy to a real one :thumbsup:

Social source share

I´m quite sure my prom copy withoput spoken intro is a boot though even if its not mentioned in JMs b-guide. . Its like they copied the label from an orig and the silver lettering is missing. Sound quality is not the best on mine either . been told the orig must have the silver lettering. I´m sure this has been disussused before but can´t find the link sadly . don´t think the spoken intro one has been booted . great track! would love to upgrade my copy to a real one
:thumbsup:

Any chance of a soundfile of this spoken intro release?

None of my non Soul Source mates believe there's a spoken intro version!

Social source share

As for me, prefer the one without a spoken, haven't got both of the song though.

What a nice artist, all of her stuff are really fantastic. Especially Recycle is current my fav track.

Agree Them i think she's a great artist, not heard "Recycle" is this also on Creative Funk?

Any one got a Creative Funk listing?

Social source share

firstly i need you was never that easy to find as a new release, it initially sold as a new release for £4 then you really had to scrape round to find one,the spoken intro is actually a totally different mix released on the same number 12006 with a redder label [not to be confused with this light purple promo we are talking about, copies of tow away zone also exist with this redder label and they are legit.

heres what i can find, im sure i have everything but cant find a couple

12000 ready made family-creative funk diane jenkins [vocalist]/funk power creative funk-bell distributed promos are black and white

12002 tow away zone/anniversary-diane jenkins

12002A recycle-diane jenkins/12003A gee baby what about you-diane jenkins

12005 im a woman/ sweet wine music and my imagination-diane jenkins

12006 i need you/inst-diane jenkins

12008 before the next teardrop falls-the limelights/theme:before the next teardrop falls-creative funk orchestra

theres 2 more i cant find one will be wisdom-nefertiti and the other i just cant think,thats it i think for the creative funk 70s series

recycle by far the rarest tim brown has one at £300 then i think i need you comes 2nd last time i looked manship said £40 id say that was a bargain

i have a spare i need you for a spoken intro trade, i had one once and sold it :thumbsup:

i really dont remember i need you being booted but this white purple one to me looks dodgy i have one here but have never played it as im not set up after moving house,but looks dodgy to me apart from the matrix nunbers being different creative funk promos have promotional copy on the left and not for sale on the right,this one is all on the left.

i had a letter off deek deberry in 1975/6 i think i was trying to blag i need you,again i have it somewhere but cant find it at the moment,but deek was having none of it he said he wouldnt let any copies out because of problems with bootleggers in your country :thumbsup: which at the time i wondered what he was on about,as i dont remember any titles being bootlegged at least in the 70s,he then told me stuff was going to come out in the u.k,told me about the company and said diane was off touring the south ,im wondering if she ever came back cos she was never heard of again :shhh:

Social source share

but looks dodgy to me apart from the matrix nunbers being different creative funk promos have promotional copy on the left and not for sale on the right,this one is all on the left.

* same on mine so prob a copy of the same type. Theres a handwritten no 321 on both sides but prob doesn´t say anything or ? . Orig promos must probably be as ric-tic writes above w prom copy on the left and not for sale on the right and w silver colour. the paler one without silver must either be a boot (most probably) or made in a more budgetway after the other me thinks ??. Not sure at all though :thumbsup:

Social source share

but looks dodgy to me apart from the matrix nunbers being different creative funk promos have promotional copy on the left and not for sale on the right,this one is all on the left.

* same on mine so prob a copy of the same type. Theres a handwritten no 321 on both sides but prob doesn´t say anything or ? . Orig promos must probably be as ric-tic writes above w prom copy on the left and not for sale on the right and w silver colour. the paler one without silver must either be a boot (most probably) or made in a more budgetway after the other me thinks ??. Not sure at all though :thumbsup:

SOULOF theres no 321 on mine [the copy that 'may' be dodgy] just12006A as opposed to CF12006 II [ II probibly refering to the mix] this is getting more a mystery by the day :thumbsup:

if the other is legit its a puzzler why would a label that was on its knees [and it was almost over by then] print so many different labels

anyway one more for the discog

12001 moving world/breezes- creative funk

i thinks that just leaves 1 more

Social source share

Now looks like really nice label. Me too, seem to have them all, except a spoken version of I Need You. Btw Limelights is class sweet soul track here, every home should have one in Japan. Quality, a bit too normal song for this strange label!

Social source share

I have an original w/ spoken intro for sale/trade, if anybody needs one.

Just PM or email me offlist.

SOLD! :P

Edited by cC B
Social source share

SOULOF theres no 321 on mine [the copy that 'may' be dodgy] just12006A as opposed to CF12006 II [ II probibly refering to the mix] this is getting more a mystery by the day :D

if the other is legit its a puzzler why would a label that was on its knees [and it was almost over by then] print so many different labels

anyway one more for the discog

12001 moving world/breezes- creative funk

i thinks that just leaves 1 more

I also have -

'The Whole Thing' - Creative Funk - with Veedette Williams Vocalist - CF- 1201 backed with 'The Whole Groove' (inst)

My Limelites indeed went to Japan - nice sweet soul

I can state categorically if the the non-spoken intro is a 'boot' it was booted by the label owner - Deek DeBerry - himself !!

Mike Charlton contacted him by phone after Levine printed his details in BM. Mike ordered 6 copies -but only received 5 - Deek added a copy of 'Tow-A-Way Zone' as make wait! As I did not have either I was like a dog with two dicks when Mike brought them around for me!

The copy I have - purple - silver lettering - 12006 - 'Promotion Copy Not for Sale under the publishing details on the left hand side.

I believe there are several more releases on the label inc a wonderful 12 inch by - I think Chi Chi - 'Hypnotized'

Hope this helps

Mike

Social source share

I believe there are several more releases on the label inc a wonderful 12 inch by - I think Chi Chi - 'Hypnotized'

Yes I have it somewhere...and it's 'hypnotized' from the Clifton Dyson 'slow your body down' LP, with a Clifton Dyson track on the other side of the 12 not on the album,

cheers Paul

Social source share

I also have -

'The Whole Thing' - Creative Funk - with Veedette Williams Vocalist - CF- 1201 backed with 'The Whole Groove' (inst]

Hope this helps

Mike

thanks mike the whole thing thats the one but ive still got it in my mind theres one more

yes ci ci great record but that was from when the label was reactivated in the 80s theres lots of releases from then but not of much interest to people here bar dmx affair

mind you creative funk 12's look nice enought to eat!

Ric Tic,

Thank's for the info mate.
:rolleyes:

Great stuff!

Cheers Paul Woosnam

no probs mister :thumbsup:

Edited by ric-tic
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!