Neal Kimble On Tangerine

neal_kimble_tangerine.jpg(post-1224-1155 Have noticed a few of these 45s for auction on Ebay recently and wondered whats the score on it? Never heard of the record and was just curious. Are they rare issues - and most importantly is it any good? Can anybody post up an mp3? All the sellers quote it as having a rather large price tag in Manships, was this one of his deliberate mistakes included in his guide?

derek

Neal Kimble "If it wasn't for the children/ Don't start lying to me" on TRC 1021. Rare issue in mint minus condition in original TRC sleeve. Very high value in Manship.

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

neal_kimble_tangerine.jpg(post-1224-1155 Have noticed a few of these 45s for auction on Ebay recently and wondered whats the score on it? Never heard of the record and was just curious. Are they rare issues - and most importantly is it any good? Can anybody post up an mp3? All the sellers quote it as having a rather large price tag in Manships, was this one of his deliberate mistakes included in his guide?

derek

Neal Kimble "If it wasn't for the children/ Don't start lying to me" on TRC 1021. Rare issue in mint minus condition in original TRC sleeve. Very high value in Manship.

I bought a copy a while ago - fantastic dancer with great vocal's - Chalky played this in his set at last couple of Lifeline's.

First saw for sale on Ebay a few months back, seller stated it was £1500. in J.M guide :lol: Did email several times to ask which guide as not in 3 - asked about and dosen't seem to be in 1 or 2 either - still awaiting reply frusty2.gif

Notice in last month a couple going for between £300 - £370 mark.

I'll see if I've mp3 if not, pm me and I'll play it down phone for you. :wicked:

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

"If it wasn't for the children" is an awesome deepie :thumbsup:

I've had this for the best part of 10 years now, but I can't say as I've played the other side much :P

I must dig it out and give it another spin sometime :D

Actually I don't recall why I bought it in the first place, I must have read of it somewhere, but it was the 'Children' side I got it for, thinking about it, it could have been in 'Voices From the Shadows' - I think there was a feature on Neal Kimble in there :ohmy:

I hadn't noticed the recent popularity of it either (Sorry Chalky) - must get out more eh! :lol:

(Mine's an issue too BTW)

No mp3 of either, but can do them if required - just let me know :P

Social source share

50 quid :lol: i'll have ten copies at that price :D

Hi Chalky got a mint minus copy here..........with its original sleeve....and what a sleeve...

ANOTHER JUICY SLICE FROM ...........TANGERINE :(

The label that makes hits a habit. :D

Distributed by ABC......

Please PM offers to............ATB Steve

Edited by steve z
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Isnt Tangerine the label owned by Ray Charles?

If so I cant see Ray the businessman not swamping the local markets with his merchandise.

I baulked at paying £10 for a Raelets tune I like on the label, because I just assumed that there must be loads knocking about.

Is this another case of people seeing the price is £50 and paying it because its the going rate, rather than paying £50 because the copies jusr arent there to be had?

Social source share

If so I cant see Ray the businessman not swamping the local markets with his merchandise.

I baulked at paying £10 for a Raelets tune I like on the label, because I just assumed that there must be loads knocking about.

Is this another case of people seeing the price is £50 and paying it because its the going rate, rather than paying £50 because the copies jusr arent there to be had?

£50, what for, Neil Kimble? Hasn't been £50 for some time. Went last week on e-bay for $455 and previous to that for around $500 and $700. Although one went through last week with no bids but it was shagged. I would agree that the price is some what inflated right now.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

might make you an offer steve once Ive heard an mp3 of it. cheers, derek

Hi Derek only just spotted this,been away for a few days.

Had I known I would have let you have a listen at the Greatstone... :):D .If you havent heard it yet I'll PM my home 'phone number.ATB Steve

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

£50, what for, Neil Kimble? Hasn't been £50 for some time. Went last week on e-bay for $455 and previous to that for around $500 and $700. Although one went through last week with no bids but it was shagged. I would agree that the price is some what inflated right now.

No Chalks. I just picked a figure out of the air.

I meant say in the case of a common record like Willie Harper - But I couldnt. Its everywhere, yet people, myself included pay an ayreton senna without question. When its really a record more common than a british chart record in Oxfam shops at 50p a throw.

I understand a genuinely rare record costs more, but we never question why a common as muck record should cost at least a tenner.

Thats a whole different thread tho, and although the high tag records ocassionally get discussed about rarity/cost, common records at a tenner a throw never do. Maybe I will start a thread, but for now i'm going to do the weekends washing up :)

Social source share

Inflated indeed. :thumbsup: $500-$700!!! That's outrageous for this 45 and must be only due to current hype. The most recent copy on ebay, which ended at $299 and NO BIDS was not shagged, it was VG+ and "plays great with full fidelity".

Social source share

Inflated indeed. :thumbsup: $500-$700!!! That's outrageous for this 45 and must be only due to current hype. The most recent copy on ebay, which ended at $299 and NO BIDS was not shagged, it was VG+ and "plays great with full fidelity".

it looked shagged to me but then again the scan was only of the label :D put it this way it looked tatty, it appears no one else was impressed with the condition either. Strange there was no bids considering only last week one in good nick went for $455, another a week or two previous for over $500 and one couple of months ago for over $700. At least we agree the price is over inflated :yes:

Social source share

it looked shagged to me but then again the scan was only of the label :thumbsup: put it this way it looked tatty, it appears no one else was impressed with the condition either. Strange there was no bids considering only last week one in good nick went for $455, another a week or two previous for over $500 and one couple of months ago for over $700. At least we agree the price is over inflated :yes:
Hi Chalky nailing it to the mast £250 for a mint minus with an original sleeve also mint minus....or quality unknown trade at about £300...........ATB Stevie
Social source share

PAID 400 DOLLARS FOR MINE AND I CONSIDER IT TO BE A BARGAIN,THE RECORD HAS BEEN ABOUT FOR A WHILE,DONT THINK IT IS HYPED JUST THAT THERE SEEMS TO BE GENUINE APPRECIATION FOR TRACKS OF THIS NATURE RECENTLY,LETS HOPE SO ANYWAY.

BAZ A.

I agree Baz, I've played it out at Middleton, Lifeline and odd venue in between. I played it at Harrogate, the one place I expected to clear the floor but got the opposite, most danced which was pleasing.

Hi Chalky nailing it to the mast £250 for a mint minus with an original sleeve also mint minus....or quality unknown trade at about £300...........ATB Stevie

Hi Stevie...thanks mate but not after a copy :thumbsup:

Social source share

I agree Baz, I've played it out at Middleton, Lifeline and odd venue in between. I played it at Harrogate, the one place I expected to clear the floor but got the opposite, most danced which was pleasing.

Hi Stevie...thanks mate but not after a copy whistling.gif

Hi Chalky,thanks for putting up the sound file for Derek :thumbsup: ATB Stevie

Social source share

TOP TRACK HOPE YOU PLAY IT AT PIERCEBRIDGE ANIVERSARY IN OCTOBER IF NOT I WILL [i DONT PLAY OTHER DJS TUNES BY RULE,BUT YOU GOT TO MAKE EXCEPTIONS NOW AND AGAIN]CHALKY HAVE YOU GOT I MADE A RESERVATION BY NEIL KIMBLE ON VENTURE IT IS SO SOULFUL ALSO.THE LABEL HAS BRILLIANT JIMMY LEWIS TRACKS BEFORE HE SINGNED FOR THE SOUTHERN BASED HOTLANTA LABEL.ALSO GEORGE WYDEL TAKES SOME BEATING AS WELL BOTH -OUT OF NOWHERE AND FUNNY FEELING CLASS.

CHEERS BAZ A.

Hi Stevie...thanks mate but not after a copy biggrin.gif

Social source share

Ray Charles owned the Tangerine label, whilst still recording for ABC records the first release being 1962 no: 923 the last no:1031. In 1973 Ray left ABC and Tangerine behind and moved onto the Crossover label.

Neal Kimble - Tangerine no:1021.

A superb record whether your a collector - dancer or a listener.... :D IMO

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

GREAT TASTE I WOULD SAY,CHECK OUT STEPPING OUT ON TANGERINE BYJIMMYLEWIS,HAD THE PLAYERS FOR A WHILE NOW REALLY IS A GOOD TRACK.

BAZ A.

Thank's, Fab track isn't thumbsup.gif Any chance of a sound bite of Jimmy Lewis - just had quick look, only A side on "Let's call the whole thing off" on J.M not "I'm stepping out" to listen too. A few of his on Tangerine I notice. :unsure:

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert