• Replies 68
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

So what's J.J. Arrington like then?

Dan Marino is some kind of Rufus Lumley "Stronger Than Me" thing, is it not??

Dan Marino is the kind of - Tams - Hey girl dont bother me, type of player, people who havent much knowledge of NFL still know him.

JJ is Butch's latest reactivation. Played to an empty dancefloor at 5am in Wigan, JJ is about to break out in 'Suspicion' style at the top of the world, (Well a suberb of Phoenix actually) He had a tough rookie year, but has the potential to go with plenty of plays.

In actual fact Backfield in Motion (as he is a running back) would probably be more apt, but it doesnt fit my analogy. (Someone will now dispute that Suspicion was ever played at Wigan)

Social source share

Dan Marino is the kind of - Tams - Hey girl dont bother me, type of player, people who havent much knowledge of NFL still know him.

JJ is Butch's latest reactivation. Played to an empty dancefloor at 5am in Wigan, JJ is about to break out in 'Suspicion' style at the top of the world, (Well a suberb of Phoenix actually) He had a tough rookie year, but has the potential to go with plenty of plays.

In actual fact Backfield in Motion (as he is a running back) would probably be more apt, but it doesnt fit my analogy. (Someone will now dispute that Suspicion was ever played at Wigan)

Mikey

I have it on good authority that your JJ Arrington card is a boot. If your Football Card forum did the decent thing and discussed live auctions you'd have been informed and spared the heartache. blush.gif

Edited by sweeney
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Mikey

I have it on good authority that your JJ Arrington card is a boot. If your Baseball Card forum did the decent thing and discussed live auctions you'd have been informed and spared the heartache. :lol:

blush.gif

If he does beome as good as I hope, and good enough to have boots made (they absolutely do), then I will be sitting on a few boxes of gold.

The only time auctions do get discussed are when bootleg cards crop up. Mostly jersey cards but these boots if not spotted can make serious money.

Social source share

Guest wrighty

...cos Wrighty didn't want it blush.gif:D

thank you jason :lol:

i guess i feel slightly responsible as i did indeed show james the auction last week, i stumbled across it by accident and at the time it only had a bid of $11 and very few views, and for some reason i thought james might want it :D

of course we'd all like to believe we're gonna get the bargain (?) of the century but as someone said earlier its increasingly unlikely these days....but human nature always takes over so if u're involved with a record u're not going to want to see it picked over on this very forum eh :D

fair enough, the original post was about the condition but it still flagged the record up :P

as to who got it taken off - my lips are sealed... :D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Obviously the original poster did not mean anything by flagging up the auction. But generally speaking I think it is the agreement of pretty much all forums involved in collecting that it is bad form to discuss running ebay auctions before they are over.

Everything Mikey says is spot on.

Social source share

Obviously the original poster did not mean anything by flagging up the auction. But generally speaking I think it is the agreement of pretty much all forums involved in collecting that it is bad form to discuss running ebay auctions before they are over.

Everything Mikey says is spot on.

No chance ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I got it through and it was unplayable. I sent it back and the chap has relisted it. G-? :ohmy: I think there might be another disappointed customer, even at g-! :unsure:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

How on earth did he arrive at his EX- grade?

He never called it ex-, he said it was "in excellent- condition", like the dance floor at the 100 club is in "excellent condition", concidering how many people have been jumping up on down on it for 27 years!

He's an amateur, his feedback is from selling brick-a-brack. No paypal either, all money orders. :ohmy:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

And now the seller says:

"PLEASE BE ADVISED, REGARDLESS TO WHAT IS POSTED ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB (INTERNET) I HAVE NEVER SHIPED THIS RECORD TO ANYONE. I HAVE PLAYED IT OVER THE PHONE. I HAVE AND WILL SEND MP3 TO SERIOUS BIDDERS. THE RECORD IS VERY PLAYABLE. Mr, Trouble made an effort to purchase this record but we were not able to come to an agreement. This is I assume is his way of keeping others from bidding on the record."

Social source share

Guest uroffal

And now the seller says:

"PLEASE BE ADVISED, REGARDLESS TO WHAT IS POSTED ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB (INTERNET) I HAVE NEVER SHIPED THIS RECORD TO ANYONE. I HAVE PLAYED IT OVER THE PHONE. I HAVE AND WILL SEND MP3 TO SERIOUS BIDDERS. THE RECORD IS VERY PLAYABLE. Mr, Trouble made an effort to purchase this record but we were not able to come to an agreement. This is I assume is his way of keeping others from bidding on the record."

I asked the guy for an mp3 of both sides and received only the 'Look Around' side, which plays through with some crackle (but I've had worse); however, when I requested an MP3 of the 'I'm Sure' side he said 'One side only for evaluation.' Suggests to me that that side doesn't play.

Social source share

I asked the guy for an mp3 of both sides and received only the 'Look Around' side, which plays through with some crackle (but I've had worse); however, when I requested an MP3 of the 'I'm Sure' side he said 'One side only for evaluation.' Suggests to me that that side doesn't play.

Well IMO - he sent the right side. "I'm Sure" is the side that isn't really worth a wanker.gif . "Look Around" is the decent side.........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert