San Remo Strings I Have Faith In You

Mtay9778

• Replies 98
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

No idea why they'd call it San remo Strings. It's the Detroit Symphony and was procured by Mr. Soussan when he released Bari Track, gave it out on a couple of acetates.  Not released until a Goldmine LP late 80's then on a white label as the B side to a pressing of Barbara McNair.  Both were pressed slightly too fast.

Social source share

Absolutely amazing Rob, where are you getting this stuff, I can't believe there's an instrumental to Please Operator, was really enjoying ripping the audio out of that one until it faded out at 1 minute 30  :lol:

Could only put samples on because of  those damn bootleggers Pete! Detroit is the city that just keeps on giving lol

Edited by Rob Moss
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Could only put samples on because of  those damn bootleggers Pete! Detroit is the city that just keeps on giving lol

Please Operator - So despite having no Detroit credits on the label at all, that I could see - is that a Funk Brothers track, recorded in Detroit?

I had no idea.

Social source share

Absolutely amazing Rob, where are you getting this stuff, I can't believe there's an instrumental to Please Operator, was really enjoying ripping the audio out of that one until it faded out at 1 minute 30  :lol:

And the Going to a Happening track is mind-blowing as well!!

Social source share

Please Operator - So despite having no Detroit credits on the label at all, that I could see - is that a Funk Brothers track, recorded in Detroit?

I had no idea.

Don't s'pose you have a clip of the backing track to "Sweeter Than The Day Before" do you Rob...an ex occasional spin for Mr.Hennigan.

I wish I did - if I come across it I'll post it.

Social source share

Don't s'pose you have a clip of the backing track to "Sweeter Than The Day Before" do you Rob...an ex occasional spin for Mr.Hennigan.

I'm looking for this myself for the Stafford Story. Guy played it again at Dean Anderson's 50th last year.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Stop it you bastards I am on train with you tube bloacked and dying to listen to these! Stop now.

I suppose its too much to hope that you are on a train heading east from Moscow to Siberia where

your mobile wont work for a week or so.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert