Syl Johnson Track?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

You all need to look at my sales posts then. It's been a Cliff Camfield spin for a while now, but because he only Dj's once every Preston Guild, nobody gets to hear what he plays.

I must have sold three copies over the past few months. Last one a couple of days ago.

Social source share

Yes Chalky one of the great soul sides is it because I'm black .Never forget Syl singing it live backed with Snake Davis at Dave Box,s 60th birthday shindig Awesome and then some...

It was a great night that night Ian. I'll never forget snake refusing to do an encore and Syl and Jackie Ross sing acapella. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It is the Flip to "Is it because I'm black".

is it? I got that one, never flipped it... result!!

on the subject of IIBIB, the Inst version entitled 'Soul Heaven' by E.Rodney Jones that came out on Twilight ... some years back a friend came across a Jamaican release which used Rodney s voice over the top... very nice track..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRuwJsZnTm4

mal

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

is it? I got that one, never flipped it... result!!

on the subject of IIBIB, the Inst version entitled 'Soul Heaven' by E.Rodney Jones that came out on Twilight ... some years back a friend came across a Jamaican release which used Rodney s voice over the top... very nice track..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRuwJsZnTm4

mal

And "Soul Heaven" got used on Deep Sensation's, err, "soul heaven" along with chunks of Syl. Classic deep house, divert your ears if such things offend you!

Social source share

Heard it when it came out and it didn't really convince me then, Ive buy tons of House, but there are an awful lot of tracks out there that I think simply depend too much on the very good vocals/riffs they sample, Rodney's voice would sound the business on anything, Syls vocal the same, so its down to a very repetitive backing, which IMO goes on 3 mins too long, just looping it and colouring it with an overlaid vocal etc isn't enough... the piano break is nice though, but again far too short, they should have developed that part of the track allot more...

Mal :_)

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!