The Shaddows - Together Again - United Audio

Bigsoulman

A search on here reveals some great info from George.G:

"A good example that explains this is the Shaddows 45 on United Audio. They were a self contained band, mostly students at Harding High School in Warren, Ohio. A man they knew with some cash put up money to finance a recording. The band went to United Audio recording studio in Youngstown and recorded the two songs. The studio arranged the pressing at QCA in Cincinnati and a few weeks after they recorded the songs, the band was sent the 500 or 1000 copies of the record directly. They sold record at a couple local record stores on consignment, their live dances, and at their school(s). The record had the United Audio label that was used by any of the clients who recorded at the studio - including garage bands, gospel, country, pop crooners, polka bands, etc. The records were never sent to distributors or radio stations (except for a couple local stations that had the records hand delivered by the band)."

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks for that, is it a known record? John doesn't have it listed in his book.

It was listed at £500 in price guide 5, I don't have the latest guide so can't comment, having said that I do know that this one goes through ebay.com for around £100 in reasonable condition so you could drop on a decent copy for a lot less than book price.

Edited by tiberius
Social source share

It was listed at £500 in price guide 5, I don't have the latest guide so can't comment, having said that I do know that this one goes through ebay.com for around £100 in reasonable condition so you could drop on a decent copy for a lot less than book price.

I'm selling not buying and never seen a copy on Ebay and certainly would be looking for a lot more than a hundred quid for it!

Edited by BIGSOULMAN
Social source share

fabulous track, remember either Shifty or Andy Rix playing it on Richard Serlings show before one of those big Ritz allnighters, Ive mentioned this before, but Richard Serling announced it as 'the Shaddows' with two 'D's', for ages I thought two 'D's' was a singer... doh! :huh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!