Pete Miles

Guest Lucy

Does anyone know what happened to Pete Miles originally from Aldershot. Last time I saw him he was living in High Wycombe.

Would love to get in touch with him again.

Lucy

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know what happened to Pete Miles originally from Aldershot. Last time I saw him he was living in High Wycombe.

Would love to get in touch with him again.

Lucy

he still lives in aldershot

got all his records under his bed but never goes out to northern do,s

ill see if i can get an email address or mobile number for him

it was pete and his mate ralph that got me into northern in the mid 70,s

ralph is still on the scene and has djed a few times for me at lightwater and just did a spot in italy

moldie

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Soul Sid

i can remember Pete Miles he had a nice collection. He offered me a copy of Cajun Heart- Gotta Find A Way- uk Warner bros. demo for 25.00 when it was an unknown. That was about 20 yrs ago, and that was the last time i saw him. Sid :(

Social source share

Guest Billy Anorak
PETE_MILES0014.jpg(post-3556-1159043705_Tin of beans,loaf of bread,butter,milk,whizz,........Stroking his chin writing his shopping list!!! Edited by Billy Anorak
Social source share

• 3 months later...

Christ on a bike Pete Miles and Chalky.

I saw Pete about 10 years ago in Aldershot and he was talking about selling up then to get married and yeh they were under his bed at his mums.Still looked the same.

well he got married and hes still got his records but they are under his bed now

his beard has gone and so has his hair and like the rest of us hes put on weight

moldie

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest ganesh

sell my uk copy of cajun hart - no chance souls sid - i sold my US copy to colin law i think his name was and he made it big up in scotland

i still see chalkie once in a blue moon when he turns up to watch the shots

still see moldie about locally - he's always trying to get my copy of TanGeers off me so somebody find him one

ralph virtually never see

go to 60's nights - not really anymore - still have the sounds

occasionally bump into other aldershot soulies such as kim gold and derek mead

sell my collection - came close a couple of times but then changed my mind - the thought of copying them all onto cd doesn't inspire me for sure - so for the time being won't bother

Social source share

Pete- I have spent the last 20 years wondering how the hell you are!

If you search round the site here, you'll find my recollections of you ringing me on the occasional Saturday evening, saying that you were on your way round with your box and to have a blank C90 at the ready! Miss those days, I have to say.

I also dumped the psychopath of a girlfriend I had (you know who I mean), just a week after you and I last met (Feb 1987 - jeez!), and am now happily married to a real sweetie!

If it hadn't been for you Pete, I wouldn't have got to know friends like Lucy (now back in touch I'm pleased to say!), Matt Harley, Pete Crampton and Paul Merrett (now a TV chef). You've been an all-round top man - memories of us stealing lollipops from the Little Chef in Aldershot, listening to your latest purchases round my mum's flat, and the occasional farting contest all come to mind.

Drop me a line to let me know how you're doing - can't wait to catch up with you!

All the best,

Gene Robertson

PS - even my tache and hair have now gone! :lol:

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

sell my uk copy of cajun hart - no chance souls sid - i sold my US copy to colin law i think his name was and he made it big up in scotland

still see moldie about locally - he's always trying to get my copy of TanGeers off me so somebody find him one

sell my collection - came close a couple of times but then changed my mind - the thought of copying them all onto cd doesn't inspire me for sure - so for the time being won't bother

Hey up Pete!

Don't suppose you remember you still owe me a copy of Jimmy Gresham on Teri-De?

:lol:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Good god man how are you ?

Social source share

hi there pete

i got a tangeers late last year but would love to own the rest of your collection

ralph lives in rushmoor near tilford and has djed a fair few times for me including isle of wight all niter last year

i even had pete crampton down to play a few years ago

i think ive seen chalky and craig 3 times in the near 30 years since we left school

see andy savage,cathy,gloria and alan brown a few times a year

all the best mate

regards moldie

Social source share

Guest ganesh

hi all again

tony - jimmy's staying in the box for now - did you complete your la beat collection - i know you got al williams, did you have lester tipton? remember having that on a home made tape, live from the bedford nite spot, soul sam used to play both of those along with the midniters (cry) and magnetics (lady) - believe it or not people used to say his 60's newies were crap in those days, but i really enjoyed that tape

gene - great to hear from you again - hope you are well - are you still up in london?

moldie - well done with the tangeers - what's the major want now? Like i say - don't really see ralph much, and where is pete crampton living now and is he back jocking again? he always had a good ear for soul.

gavin - good to hear from you to!

Social source share

hi all again

gene - great to hear from you again - hope you are well - are you still up in london?..ill be getting gene down to dj at lightwater this year

moldie - well done with the tangeers - what's the major want now? Like i say - don't really see ralph much, and where is pete crampton living now and is he back jocking again? he always had a good ear for soul.

im after a majestics..bill bush and so many top tunes...unsure where pete is living but he came down with butch..im sure mark simpson might know.....when you gonna dj for me then? :unsure:

gavin - good to hear from you to!

wheres your name come from?

moldie

Social source share

gene - great to hear from you again - hope you are well - are you still up in london?..ill be getting gene down to dj at lightwater this year

Looking forward to it Moldie - keep us in touch mate!

Pete - try and get yourself down to Lightwater. Would be ace to see you again!

Social source share

Looking forward to it Moldie - keep us in touch mate!...i certainly will mate

im seeing the man at lightwater 2 morra night...it will be you and warren

Pete - try and get yourself down to Lightwater. Would be ace to see you again!

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Hey Pete,

Great to see all is well and still have the tunes :D

Came close once to selling some of mine then played them and just couldnt, the soul never dies!

Try get up to the Buzzard Reunion, would be good to see you there plus there will plenty of the old crowd there, will be a good night.

Still got your tape you did me as well. Think its yours anyway with all its posh writing haha

Chris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert