The Action

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy BB

Did you catch them on their recent appearances?

A couple of times they were excellent although I think Reggies voice has started to suffer a bit recently which showed in the last couple of performances.

Great blokes though - they soon got back into the swing of things and there are a few great tales but not for a public forum...

wink.gif

In my opinion they do the best version of Since I Lost my Baby. Yes, better than The Temptations - I know, even I'm surprised that I think that, but I am far from alone in that opinion.

(Reggie King himself thinks that's nonsense by the way).

Class act.

Social source share

In my opinion they do the best version of Since I Lost my Baby. Yes, better than The Temptations - I know, even I'm surprised that I think that, but I am far from alone in that opinion.

(Reggie King himself thinks that's nonsense by the way).

Class act.

Agreed.

Also torn on 'I'll keep on holding on'. Soulful sound of the Marvelettes v Raw mod energy of the Action.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Agreed.

Also torn on 'I'll keep on holding on'. Soulful sound of the Marvelettes v Raw mod energy of the Action.

Me too.

Obviously The Marvellettes is superb but the song sounds 'right' when The Action do it. Like it was meant to be a pounding Mod tune.

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

Guest soul stormers

The double-CD Uptight And Outtasight has some of their BBC recordings.

HI

SEE THEM LIVE IN THE I.O.W ........I THINK STILL HAVE A TAPE OF THEM

I HAVE A LOOK FOR YOU

PM ME WITH YOUR ADDRESS I POST YOU A COPY biggrin.gif

Social source share

I used to follow a Glasgow band by the name of The Pathfinders, in their set they always played I Love You Yeah! and Baby You Got It, in late 67 they announced one night they were signing for Apple records and they were having one last gig in Edinburgh for their fans, this took place at the St Mary's hall in the High Street area and special guests were The Action!, word spread like wildfire and for us to see them live was like nothing else on this earth, they played a brilliant set that night and it was incredible to hear them play the two above songs plus all the Motown covers they did, for me the premier mod band...period biggrin.gif

Lenny

Social source share

Guest scratuglia

If memory serves The Pathfinders did sign to the Beatles' Apple label and changed their name to Trash. They released 2 singles.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I saw the Action support Secret Affair at The Roundabout in Gloucester. Memory hazy now. Did they do 'In my street'?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert