Please Identify This Tune

sorry no soundclip..i'm putting together a set for a pal who like the 70's mecca/cleethorpes new type sounds. i remembered a track that was a fsst suffler with  dadah dadahah dadha dadha.. repeated intro about (four times). Pretty sure it was a vocal and maybe inst flip..very popular about 75/76 and very quick beat...anyone..

Edited by SHEFFSOUL
Social source share

sorry no soundclip..i'm putting together a set for a pal who like the 70's mecca/cleethorpes new type sounds. i remembered a track that was a fsst suffler with  dadah dadahah dadha dadha.. repeated intro about (four times). Pretty sure it was a vocal and maybe inst flip..very popular about 75/76 and very quick beat...anyone..

Might be Mandrill - Never Die

Social source share

Four Below Zero---E S P

Don Downing---Dreamworld

Don Downing played at the Mecca ?

What a great record (well it was at the time, have to dig it out & see how it sounds today) Used to play it at some new release soul & funk night I used to do ........ ahhhh when I was young   :)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

This is one of the funniest threads I've seen in a long time. Is it 'dadah dadahah dadha dadha' or 'DEE, DEE, DEE, DEE, DEEDEE DEE DEE'?

That reminds me of a weekend in Liverpool :wink:

Social source share

Don Downing played at the Mecca ?

What a great record (well it was at the time, have to dig it out & see how it sounds today) Used to play it at some new release soul & funk night I used to do ........ ahhhh when I was young   :)

Dont know about the mecca mate before my time but it certainly got spins at Clifton Hall,Just thought the opening had a bit of DAH DAHS in it,but maybee it was WHOO WHOOS :g:

Social source share

Dont know about the mecca mate before my time but it certainly got spins at Clifton Hall,Just thought the opening had a bit of DAH DAHS in it,but maybee it was WHOO WHOOS :g:

Ha ha lines crossed I think Patto, original poster mentioned the track was Mecca/Cleethorpes type sound so when you mentioned DD I assumed you meant it was played at those venues, I'll go back to sleep :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

...wind up...and if it isn't it should be...

Well it had had the Brothers tune going round my bonce ever since I saw the thread.

Lah l, lah l,  lah dah.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!