560 Page Catalog Of Roulette Masters And Associated Labels

Well, now that I've thinned out some of the stuff in the house, I've started on the shed! I have boxes and boxes of stuff plus my wonderful top of the range Kenwood Hi-Fi system with a beautiful record deck to go so will list that too shortly.

This is a real find but I have to be ruthless, so I'm looking for a good home for this. This is a 560 page typewritten list in a Lever Arch file of all the master tapes which were transferred to Abbey Road studios when EMI bought Roulette Records in 1991, including year of release, tape format and label of origin etc, etc. Since Roulette (owned by the infamous Morris Levy) had it's hands in many pies since the mid 50s, there are a wealth of labels included. For example, Roulette, Colpix, End, Gone, Jubilee, Fury, BT Puppy, Tiger Lily, Romar, Josie, Tico, Rama etc and all the TK labels and subsidiaries like T.K.,Marlin, Glades, Clouds, Weird World, Sunnyview, Contempo etc. There's also a large amount of 'unknown artist' tapes which list the titles and when they were recorded which looks pretty interesting if you're a vinyl hound.

It should ideally go to a serious collector/archivist who can use it as a reference tool. It's kinda fascinating because of Morris Levy's involvement in New York record circles from the 1950s-80s, so it's a very interesting document to see exactly what EMI were buying from Roulette plus the advantage of knowing what physical masters are in the Abbey Road vault!  

Haven't got a clue on how to value something like this, so I'll do an auction via PM and the best off I receive by Thursday 8.00 pm gets it.

Best,

Ian D  :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source