List Of Quality Rare Originals

Pete S

Reduced some..

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

ARTHUR FREEMAN — YOU GOT ME UPTIGHT - JUMBO                                                                   EX-           350

Few surface marks but plays fine

ACE CANNON - SEA CRUISE - HI                                                                                                                 M-             20

Long forgotten oldie, this was massive in 1975

ALFIE KHAN - LAW OF THE LAND — ATLANTIC DJ                                                                            M-             20           

Nice blue demo of this classic instrumental

ARTISTICS - HOPE WE HAVE - BRUNSWICK                                                                                        EX+         20

Classic oldie

BALTIMORE AND OHIO BAND - CONDITION RED   - JUBILEE                                                    M-             20

Original black issue. Drill hole on label.

BARBARA MCNAIR - YOU'RE GONNA LOVE MY BABY - MOTOWN                                           EX-           90

West Coast press, few small marks and a couple of very very minor pops

BELITA WOODS - MAGIC CORNER — MOIRA DJ                                                                                  EX            200

Couple of light thumbnail marks not affecting play. Super rare white demo. Two big crossover tunes.

BILL BLACK'S COMBO - LITTLE QUEENIE - HI                                                                                     EX            20

Rare original stock copy

BLANCH CARTER - HALOS ARE FOR ANGELS — GSF DJ                                                                   M-             75

Bit of a marmite record this one.  Beautiful original stereo/mono demo in GSF sleeve

BOBBY BLAND — SHOES - DUKE                                                                                                                 EX+         25

Nice to see an not beat up copy for a change!

BOBBY GARRETT — I CAN’T GET AWAY - MIRWOOD                                                                       VG++      50 SOLD

Few little scratches on this one, can’t hear them.  I suppose most would grade this EX.

BOBBY HEBB - LOVE LOVE LOVE — PHILIPS PS                                                                                 M-             15

Black label Philips with nice original picture sleeve

BUNNY SIGLER - FOLLOW YOUR HEART - PARKWAY                                                                     M-             40

Classic from The Mecca / Cats early days.  Great copy

THE CARSTAIRS — HE WHO PICKS A ROSE — OKEH DEMO                                                          M-             60

Another beauty, still in it’s Okeh sleeve, top top copy

CATHERINE YOUNG — JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE A LOVER (THAT DON’T MAKE YOU A MAN) — MICHELENE                                                                                                                                                             EX-           40

Crossover dancer from Jackson, Mississippi.  This has a few marks and has a few background pops on the intro, hence grade

CLARENCE MURRAY — BABY, YOU GOT IT — SSS INTERNATIONAL                                          EX            25

Nice cheap floorfiller for you…

THE CREATIONS — I’VE GOT TO FIND HER — GLOBE                                                                       EX+         20

Wonderful Chicago dancer, big Stafford tune

CURTIS DAVIS & THE ARKETTS — TELL ME — RONNIE                                                                   EX            125

Good midtempo dancer.  Seen this at 100 quid more than this today.

CURTIS MAYFIELD — MOVE ON UP — CURTOM DEMO                                                                    VG++      30 SOLD

This one doesn’t look too pretty with lots of small scuffs but it plays great with just a couple of tiny background pops — anyway I was trying to think if I’d ever seen a demo copy before — and I don’t think I have!

DEALERS - YOU GOT IT — BIG BUNNY                                                                                                      M-             100

Stone mint / unplayed copy

DEAN BARLOW - THIRD WINDOW FROM THE RIGHT - LESCAY                                               EX            150

Bit early for me this one but what a tremendous copy, very hard to find in decent nick

DEAN COURTNEY - LOVE YOU JUST CAN'T WALK AWAY — MGM DJ                                        VG++      250

Several marks but plays near mint

DEE DEE WARWICK - WE'RE DOING FINE — BLUE ROCK                                                              EX+         15

Couple of hairlines but mint really

DENISE LASALLE — A LOVE REPUTATION — TARPON DARK BLUE                                           VG+         75

Crackly on the dead wax then one or two pops on the intro but soon overpowered by the loud press and it plays beautifully.  Dark blue label.

DEREK AND RAY — INTERPLAY - RCA DJ                                                                                               M-             50

Spotless demo copy

DUSTY SPRINGFIELD - WHAT'S IT GONNA BE — PHILIPS PS                                                       M              25

Mint copy in a rare USA picture sleeve which is in excellent condition, just a little wear in the centre

EARL VAN DYKE & THE MOTOWN BRASS — 6 BY 6 — SOUL                                                         EX            15

Foundation dancer — drill hole in label

ETTA JAMES — MELLO FELLOW — ARGO                                                                                                 M-             50 SOLD

Not only is this the rarer black label, it’s also the mis-spelt version, missing the W from the end of Mellow…amazing condition, drill hole right on the edge of the label.

EUGENE CHURCH — JACK OF ALL TRADES — CLASS                                                                          EX            25

Unknown (to me) very early R & B must be about 1959?

POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR FIRST 3 RECORDS IN THE UK (RECORDED)

SPECIAL DELIVERY IS RECOMMENDED FOR RARER ITEMS!  COST £7.10

DON’T FORGET YOU ARE ONLY COVERED UP TO ABOUT £40 FOR RECORDED DELIVERY ITEMS, IT’S WORTH PAYING THE EXTRA TO GET £500 INSURANCE

OVERSEAS WILL QUOTE BUT IT’S USUALLY £9 EUROPE AND £10 ELSEWHERE FOR REGISTERED POSTAGE.
CHEERS
PETE

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

What's the very best you'll do Denise Lasalle and Clarence Murray for

They'll be going to Australia too, so what's the postage as well

Thanks cobber

Steve

That's as low as I'm going at the moment Steve.  If they don't sell, they'll be reduced next time they come round in a few weeks.

Your other record is well on it's way now by the way.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day Pete,

Got the toons today. Postage is pretty slow from there isn't it?

Better late than never.

Haven't figured out where to leave feedback, but working on it mate

Steve

Sometimes I guess - I post out same day as I get paid so what they do with it after that, I dunno.

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!