Ootp Cat List Please

Hi,

Just wanting to fill in gaps on the OUT OF THE PAST - Boot/Presses Cat list#

Can anyone please list the ones below or indeed the whole cat list (54) in total I believe ...

Needed-: IF anyone has for sale .......

OOTP

#14 Billy Joe Royal - Hearts Desire

Would appreciate if anyone could fill in the Artists /Titles on those above , All are the coloured shooting star Label designs, needed to complete the set if anyone has for sale,  

Dave a.k.a. Gilly

Social source share

I'll list you some titles but someone else will have to put catalogue numbers on them, off the top of my head, these are on shooting star design

nolan chance - just like the weather

invitations - skiing in the snow (09)

sharon soul - his love is amazing

lynne randell - stranger in my arms

sounds orchestral - ain't that peculiar

carl douglas - serving a sentence of life

little johnny blair - mammas gone (24)

debbie dean - why am i loving you (26)

ollie jackson - the day my heart stood still (11)

rozetta johnson - chained and bound (28)

marketts - stirrin up some soul (23)

frank beverly (05)

patti young (08)

mel williams (09 same as invitations?)

billy joe royal (11)

hugo montenegro - sherry (17)

vel vets (25)

ben aiken (27)

jerry williams (30)

that might be all of the shooting star ones - not sure about Shalimars

white ones

jerry cook

dramatics

triumphs

rufus lumley

exciters

kelly bros

lorraine chandler

dalton boys

bill blacks combo

chubby checker

dusty springfield

rat race

funky sisters

wonderettes

tony clarke

major harris (after loving you)

patti & emblems

sounds of lane

sandy wynns

shiorelles

milton wright - never seen or heard of a copy of this

dean parrish - i'm on my way - can't remember seeing this either

three degrees - are you satisfied

Social source share

Cheers Pete,

Yeah all those I hold bar the Milton Wright ? , the Dean Parrish is white #53 and strange that the following have 2 x titles with same cat number on those OOTP Presses.

# 9  INVITATIONS & MEL WILLIAMS

#18 CARL DOUGLAS & PAUL ANKA - althou I believe the Paul Anka is a later press?

# 32 SHARON SOUL * Coloured * and JERRY COOK * White *

So not sure what went on there ? if they were supposed to be some of the missing cat numbers ??

will try and hunt the rest down , thanx for the time to list those ..

Dave G

Social source share

Cheers Pete,

Yeah all those I hold bar the Milton Wright ? , the Dean Parrish is white #53 and strange that the following have 2 x titles with same cat number on those OOTP Presses.

# 9  INVITATIONS & MEL WILLIAMS

#18 CARL DOUGLAS & PAUL ANKA - althou I believe the Paul Anka is a later press?

# 32 SHARON SOUL * Coloured * and JERRY COOK * White *

So not sure what went on there ? if they were supposed to be some of the missing cat numbers ??

will try and hunt the rest down , thanx for the time to list those ..

Dave G

Ignore the Paul Anka Dave, that was only pressed three years ago.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Hi,

Just wanting to fill in gaps on the OUT OF THE PAST - Boot/Presses Cat list#

Can anyone please list the ones below or indeed the whole cat list (54) in total I believe ...

Needed-: IF anyone has for sale .......

OOTP

#1 - Human Beinz - Nobody But Me (Dave Kilworth scan from old thread)

#14 Billy Joe Royal - Hearts Desire

Would appreciate if anyone could fill in the Artists /Titles on those above , All are the coloured shooting star Label designs, needed to complete the set if anyone has for sale,  

Dave a.k.a. Gilly

post-13147-0-41196900-1405516112_thumb.j

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Thanx Dave and appreciate the photo's , at minute I need the above I listed to complete the OOTP Cat list needing 14 of the 54 pressed inc white presses, but not as easy as one thinks , all those I need are on the coloured shooting star label design, just trying to put all the early boot presses together like BJD,MAGIC, SOUL SOUNDS which just needing to complete the OOTP , part of NS history whether some like it or not but as we know the early days they were our source of hearing these and many lists pushed these out ISC , and  C.K, Etc, yes remember Queens Hall Leeds 74 selling them too slightly cheaper prices LOL!!! Cheers for your input .. Dave G   

Social source share

Thanx Dave and appreciate the photo's , at minute I need the above I listed to complete the OOTP Cat list needing 14 of the 54 pressed inc white presses, but not as easy as one thinks , all those I need are on the coloured shooting star label design, just trying to put all the early boot presses together like BJD,MAGIC, SOUL SOUNDS which just needing to complete the OOTP , part of NS history whether some like it or not but as we know the early days they were our source of hearing these and many lists pushed these out ISC , and  C.K, Etc, yes remember Queens Hall Leeds 74 selling them too slightly cheaper prices LOL!!! Cheers for your input .. Dave G   

John Manship's UK Price Guide lists all the OOTP, BJD, Greenlight and Soul Sounds pressings (no piccies though).

Social source share

I really like reading discographies of these Northern Soul labels.

It is like a snapshot of what were the monster in-demanders of the time!

Social source share

Hey Gilly If you're collecting Soul Fox you can have my Karen Young for nowt - bloody rubbish!

And my Hot Shots on Soul Galore!....

...blows my mind that some of these boots go for more than Darrell Banks on Revilot!!

Edited by SoulStu
Social source share

Hey Gilly If you're collecting Soul Fox you can have my Karen Young for nowt - bloody rubbish!

And my Hot Shots on Soul Galore!....

...blows my mind that some of these boots go for more than Darrell Banks on Revilot!!

Cheers SoulStu , yeah must admit some are not so good but just collecting as a part of the history mainly OOTP,SOUL SOUNDS, BJD, MAGIC which I am putting together with the last lot needed is about 14 x 45's on OOTP, Bit of a job tracking some down , Soul Fox must admit hold none , but fair few on Soul Galore, Karen Young has that beat but a bity poppy but appreciate your offer ,  the quest goes on , I do collect originals you know the routine , collect , sold and start again LOL!! but as you know ref boots some go for prices which amaze !! the Duke Browner Gold just sold on ebay £185 ? blimey great oldie but if people want them and that is what happens , oh well that is the strange world of Northern Soul !!!! Gilly  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I WONDER WHICH ONES SOLD THE MOST, OR GO FOR THE MOST NOWADAYS,

MAYBE JERRY WILLIAMS, RAT RACE, INVITATIONS ??

JOE.

Joe yes indeed a few OOTP early ones are quite desirable and fetch a few quid , Velvets, Frankie Beverley, C.Douglas , Ben Aiken, Patti Young  are some tougher ones to find .... Dave G

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Joe yes indeed a few OOTP early ones are quite desirable and fetch a few quid , Velvets, Frankie Beverley, C.Douglas , Ben Aiken, Patti Young  are some tougher ones to find .... Dave G

Really? I've got Ben Aiken. I used to love it at the time but haven't played it for over 25 years. How much out of interest?

Social source share

Really? I've got Ben Aiken. I used to love it at the time but haven't played it for over 25 years. How much out of interest?

Well in respect to these being pressings vary but as high as £30+ in Ex cond which I know you ain't gonna retire LOL!! but to be honest it is time and place sometimes they go well other times not, but nonetheless I believe a very collectable label with some titles hard to find and those about in collectors hands ..  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

£10

yes Pete but as we know as I said to Daved , sometimes you get surprised by how much and much depends on time place especially Ebay , High or Low could be any of these depending on bidders as we all too often see , but £10.00 is a good start for that , Dave   

Social source share

yes Pete but as we know as I said to Daved , sometimes you get surprised by how much and much depends on time place especially Ebay , High or Low could be any of these depending on bidders as we all too often see , but £10.00 is a good start for that , Dave   

No I mean if you want to buy it off me, it's £10.

I wouldn't sell any of them for more than £10.

I have a Jerry Williams on OOTP here that I couldn't even get a fiver for recently so nutcases on eBay have no bearing on what I sell for.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!