Sonny Herman "what About Me" Utopia

Reforee

Train spotting time.

has anybody noticed the two label variants for the Sonny Herman track "What about me" on Utopia

one  label is a lighter blue than the other and one has an extra 2 lines of writing.

the lighter blue is say more like a Verve or Fontana blue, while the darker blue is an odd shade of blue

so before any conclusions are/ can be made I  was wondering if those who have a copy can let me know what shade of blue their copy is and is there any credits under the label number on the right hand side?

I want to build up some info from others if possible to ascertain why possible label colour variant etc

cheers

Dave H

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup: Hi Chalky

thanks for posting scans up, hoped someone would, should of gone to you first!

yep same as my 2 that's why I wondered why the difference, any significant reason?

if say anybody has a light blue with the 2 extra lines of credit or a dark blue without the extra credits that would make 4 variants?

Don't really want to consider the question of original or not as I don't know enough about release details and wanted to do some fishing out there to find out more, but it is certainly a different pressing.

Dave

Social source share

Quinvy

Possibly true but would of thought the artwork would be identical?

Coupled with the fact it's a small label, I would of thought it didn't warrant 2 plants doing a run? 

Still wonder why 2 sets of credits are missing from the label on the light blue issue?

Perhaps we will never find out, like a lot of un answered questions regarding soul records. 

Dave

Social source share

Quinvy

Possibly true but would of thought the artwork would be identical?

Coupled with the fact it's a small label, I would of thought it didn't warrant 2 plants doing a run? 

Still wonder why 2 sets of credits are missing from the label on the light blue issue?

Perhaps we will never find out, like a lot of un answered questions regarding soul records. 

Dave

Hi Dave, who knows how many they pressed. Naybe they re-pressed it with the additional credits, maybe they re-pressed it without the producers name. Just because it's a scarce disc (not rare), doesn't mean they didn't press a higher number or do two runs. Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert