Manchester Road Named After A Soul Artist

I hadn't been going out with Miranda long when I said to her "Why don't we go shopping I've got some spare cash tucked away, I'll drive". She was still thinking about what to get at the Trafford Centre as we pulled up outside Les Hare's legendary King Bee record shop. When she'd stopped crying she saw the funny side of it. On the way back whilst driving down the A6010 she said "I've been waiting years to show this to someone who'd get it".

She pointed it out as we got close and I laughed out loud. As if I needed any confirmation at all I knew then exactly why I live with her.

Can you find it?

derek

If nobody gets it within the next few hours (as the clarity isnt spot on) I'll send in another jpeg of it that makes it a bit easier to find.

can anybody find a better one?

post-1224-1153839667.jpg

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I hadn't been going out with Miranda long when I said to her "Why don't we go shopping I've got some spare cash tucked away, I'll drive". She was still thinking about what to get at the Trafford Centre as we pulled up outside Les Hare's legendary King Bee record shop. When she'd stopped crying she saw the funny side of it. On the way back whilst driving down the A6010 she said "I've been waiting years to show this to someone who'd get it".

She pointed it out as we got close and I laughed out loud. As if I needed any confirmation at all I knew then exactly why I live with her.

Can you find it? derek

If nobody gets it within the next few hours (as the clarity isnt spot on) I'll send in another jpeg of it that makes it a bit easier to find. can anybody find a better one?

Arnold Blaire :lol:

Social source share

Can you find it?

derek

If nobody gets it within the next few hours (as the clarity isnt spot on) I'll send in another jpeg of it that makes it a bit easier to find.

Hi Derek ....

You can't fool us old Donny Lads ...... The answere is of course Zakaria Mosque !

Malc

Social source share

Hi Derek ....

You can't fool us old Donny Lads ...... The answere is of course Zakaria Mosque !

Malc

You are probably right...with not knowing the record shop and where it is......D.P. never said an off street from A6010 did he!!!!!! He was only driving down that road.

Social source share

Can you find it?

derek

Must be Arnold Blair of Trying to Get Next to You fame surely?

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Sounds like a good "towns with soul" thread! In York there is a Philadelphia Terrace, Brunswick Street, and in Garforth nr Leeds, a Detroit Drive. Any more???

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Sounds like a good "towns with soul" thread! In York there is a Philadelphia Terrace, Brunswick Street, and in Garforth nr Leeds, a Detroit Drive. Any more???

There's a Garland Green in south Belfast!!

Social source share

Guest trickbag

think their must be a Brunswick Street in every city

certinly one in centre of belfast

ricky.

sock it to em shorty.

Social source share

Guest Andy..

think their must be a Brunswick Street in every city

certinly one in centre of belfast

ricky.

sock it to em shorty.

Wigan has a roundabout in the road < a metal statue thingamajig> in the middle of it with ' northern soul and a dancer' never seen it proper though as i am a swine for ' speeding' .

Social source share

post-1224-1153950098.jpg yeah it was Arnold Blair - but the clever part (I thought) was that Arnold Road was on the left and Blair Road was on the right - it was the combination of the two that made the humour. Names like Brunswick St and Philadelphia Terr are interesting but too obvious. Garland Green in South Belfast does raise a smile though. But can anybody beat Arnold Blair?

derek

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

Burnley has a Neptune Street and a Brunswick St.

I once tried to nick the Neptune St sign before going down Wigan one night. I was stood on Fuse's shoulders trying to knock the sign down with a branch. Ended up with minor concussion.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert