Holy Grail Or Holy

"I See A Star" is lousy for fast Doowop.   And just how is 1957 New York-style fast White Doowop   Northern Soul????  Who is going to pay $29,000 US or £16,500 for that???    This doesn't make sense at all.  Frankie Lyman and The Teenagers cuts are hundreds of times better than that, 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Very odd, same seller has Terry Callier on Cadet/chess for sale, currently £43 quid with a day to go, get in people! But on hearing that 45, how on earth did he come out at £16k for the track were discussing? It's probably not that rare, and oh my golly it really does sound very much like that terry Callier track, that's got to be Northern soul right? 

Mal.C.

Laughs.....just noticed Terry is in fact reflecting my comments, hands up, how the hell!!!?????

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

This post has lost me,holy grail ? that thing posted is utter tripe

Bazza  :hatsoff2:

Utter Tripe is an understatement 

Social source share

Mind you ................... we've had Helen Shapiro, Tom Jones, Lulu, Craig Douglas, Petula Clark, Cilla Black  .............................

https://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Search/DAVID+BOWIE+/

Not really Northern but still one of the greatest records of the 60's is that Bowie 45.

I sold mine for £250 earlier this year so £500 is way way over the top.

But his follow up to that one, Do Anything You Say, really is Northern  :thumbup:

Social source share

Our local record shop had that Bowie Single for £10! I thought that was too much....It is his worst and nowt to do with our scene! Mind you neither has a few things on that site!

Mark T

Now, now, don't be silly, I take it you haven't heard the Laughing Gnome or anything he recorded after 1980?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not really Northern but still one of the greatest records of the 60's is that Bowie 45.

I sold mine for £250 earlier this year so £500 is way way over the top.

But his follow up to that one, Do Anything You Say, really is Northern  :thumbup:

Don't forget "I Dig Everything" 

Social source share

Love early Bowie, think "Let Me Sleep Beside You" "Karma Man" and "Sell Me a Coat" are my favorite from that Dream / Decca LP,  and " Silly Boy Blue" just soars doesn't it... Ive got LP's with this stuff on but never collected the 45's.. wonder what came out in OZ>? :g:

Malcolm

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Love early Bowie, think "Let Me Sleep Beside You" "Karma Man" and "Sell Me a Coat" are my favorite from that Dream / Decca LP,  and " Silly Boy Blue" just soars doesn't it... Ive got LP's with this stuff on but never collected the 45's.. wonder what came out in OZ>? :g:

Malcolm

I think the first Australian single is Space Oddity, but Love You Till Tuesday was released in New Zealand in 67.  The Pye 45's didn't come out until the 1972 reissues.  For anyone who does like early Bowie, here's one I made earlier, this is brilliant, honestly...one of my favourite podcasts...every decent track he did in the 60's

https://www.mixcloud.com/mayfairmenthol/early-bowie/

Social source share

I think the first Australian single is Space Oddity, but Love You Till Tuesday was released in New Zealand in 67.  The Pye 45's didn't come out until the 1972 reissues.  For anyone who does like early Bowie, here's one I made earlier, this is brilliant, honestly...one of my favourite podcasts...every decent track he did in the 60's

Blimey 'The London Boys' haven't heard that in yonks... slightly corny now I suppose, but I think its really cool track. And this stamp of approval from a guy who gets excited because I used to walk over a curb and road that appeared in the opening titles of 'To sir with Love', three and a half years at News International and I can honestly say it was pretty much the highlight of my day!!

post-2025-0-08574400-1404680666_thumb.pn

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!