This Made Me Laugh

I have had contact with this seller and he may be referring to me with reference the B side of the record for sale. The reason I asked for this was he had not stated if it was the original, the B side was not shown and the record has been booted.

One way of telling if it is original is by what is on the B side.

I mailed him twice because he did not reply to my initial question and I was interested in the record, I don't think this is unreasonable and he replied with a long winded reply to the point of saying I was questioning his integrity and that he only sold originals.

I was not to happy with his email which was rude in places, I did not bid on the item due to the content of his email.

I buy form Ebay and on here and if I am paying good money for a record surely I have the right to ask the question to ensure it is original, to many people pay over the odds for booted records thinking they are original as seen and commented on here.

Daven

yes thats a fair point

Social source share

A part of me ...the wicked part ,feels a strong compulsion to message him with a ridiculous question ,just to annoy him lol

I sooooo wanted to do that, slightly off topic, my dad listed a table and chairs on ebay, I spent a week messaging him with stupid questions, is the table suitable for eating on?, how many legs does it have?, will you deliver to Tibet, how many people can fit on a chair......well I thought it was funny....he didn't

Edited by garswood
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Ask him what's on the B side of Willie Kendricks and is it an original

He only sells originals Pete.......quote:-

"all my records are originals"

I can understand where he's coming from but you have to have a higher tolerance level for record selling these days I think. I've had some lunatic situations which sometimes made me lose the will to live. There's not enough hours in the day to deal with some of 'em. Like the guy who ordered and bought a specific promo and then accused me of selling something illegal! Or the guy who bought a Tommy Boy white 12" promo and then refused to accept that it was a 'proper' promo, even though it had "Promotional Copy: Not For Sale" printed on the label! Or the guy from Brazil who wouldn't accept that the postal system would not get his records there quickly and who launched a dispute after 5 days and then received 'em 6 weeks later. And on and on and on LOL....

If I ever use e-bay again I'd be inclined to have a bit of fun too....... :thumbsup:

Ian D  :D

Social source share

Suspect it could be another bitter and twisted Woppy Doo dealer, can't sell his lifetime's hoard but has a few decent soul records having collected by number and is unaware that the B side is the money track. Probably moved to Stoke having heard a rumour about some serious collectors in the area and a popular discotheque. Might have visited Las Vegas and got hold of a Richie Rosen customer service manual...

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

17 records  for sale, 17 hammered to death oldies I was already tired of 25 years ago. I'm not going to be beating down your door, maybe some 'real soulies' will !

Social source share

if you check his feedback ,I think his annoyance is that the 45 sold before for £402 but the buyer returned it ... tis a funny rant though and I'm sure anybody who's sold records before has come across at least one or all of the characters described .!!!!..LOL!

but if he's wanting to sell to genuine collectors as he states... then surely he should expect to list the flipside and all the other details that satisfies the "anal" collector mind  

angry stoke-on-trenter who doesn't want any more friends ...wonder who could it be???? :g:  :g:  :g:  

ps... his response to negative feedback (the friend rant !!!) is classic.......

abusive and insulting emails reported this seller to ebay

-***i ( 896iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif)

03-Jun-14 14:10  

• Reply by cyemm64 (03-Jun-14 18:40):
    peevish sissy, wanted to, meet me & pay cash, ooer, not into that sort of thing

I DUNNA BLAME HIM YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S OUT THERE ...THE SOULSIDE SLASHER!!!! :ohmy:  :ohmy: :ohmy:  

Yes I noticed he had sold a couple of things previously when I looked at his completed listings.

Unless he had 2 copies of course.

ROD

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I agree about listing the B side and I can also see his point about some of the winners you find on EBay

This was the description on one of his earlier ones
so

If he just paid JM probably top dollar a year ago there has to be a reason to sell
If he really is ill and that is the reason I can see where he might be somewhat crabby

on the other hand he does say "choons" which I could see would bring out the worst in people

over the next couple of months I will be selling 40 - 50 records from my collection, these will

in batches of 8 to ten records & will be put up about every two weeks, so please keep your eyes peeled

for some cracking choons all on original labels.

please note, I will have a fair percentage of these records listed elsewhere, so please do not pay for an

item until you receive an invoice, this will also allow me to amend postage if you win multiple items,

postage will be special delivery only, which is insured & next day delivery.

I am sure you will agree this is self explanatory, so please don't email for more extra info, I am quite ill

at the moment & have no wish to enter into protracted email conversations thanks for being understanding.

rest assured these records are in top condition, most near mint with a couple of exceptions which will be

listed in detail

international g.t.o.s, I love my baby, rojac, demo, bought this from john manship about a year ago, bell sound stamped original & a very seldom seen demo, staggering mint condition, you wont find a better copy, real deal northern.

Social source share

Rod, pretty sure the buyer states in his +ve feedback that he returned the 45..... but yes of course seller could have spare copies... I myself (like many others) have duplicates of 45s in my collection.... fair play to him (seller) and hope he gets to sell the 45s he wants to without too much hassle especially as he's ill as stated in the post previous.. unfortunate circumstances to have to sell if that's the reason.

franc

Social source share

I agree about listing the B side and I can also see his point about some of the winners you find on EBay

This was the description on one of his earlier ones

so

If he just paid JM probably top dollar a year ago there has to be a reason to sell

If he really is ill and that is the reason I can see where he might be somewhat crabby

on the other hand he does say "choons" which I could see would bring out the worst in people

over the next couple of months I will be selling 40 - 50 records from my collection, these will

in batches of 8 to ten records & will be put up about every two weeks, so please keep your eyes peeled

for some cracking choons all on original labels.

please note, I will have a fair percentage of these records listed elsewhere, so please do not pay for an

item until you receive an invoice, this will also allow me to amend postage if you win multiple items,

postage will be special delivery only, which is insured & next day delivery.

I am sure you will agree this is self explanatory, so please don't email for more extra info, I am quite ill

at the moment & have no wish to enter into protracted email conversations thanks for being understanding.

rest assured these records are in top condition, most near mint with a couple of exceptions which will be

listed in detail

international g.t.o.s, I love my baby, rojac, demo, bought this from john manship about a year ago, bell sound stamped original & a very seldom seen demo, staggering mint condition, you wont find a better copy, real deal northern.

Resisting the temptation to annotate this like a GCSE English text, I hope you get well soon and please note that the International GTO's - I Love My Messy Baby, is overrated, overpriced and much lower down the Northern tree than it once was, a wall of tempo that lacks melody and towards the end, loses direction...

Social source share

We should all send him a barrage of messages in the closing 30mins asking...

Is the tea-towel used in the photo, which the record is placed upon, also for sale.

Can he post the Aside and B-side to separate location

Is the top and bottom of the record missing, can he clarify that they're not

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I actually know this guy pretty well, yes he has been ill of late and yes he has had a rough time thru the soul scene - he did his best to keep it ovo but alas the £3 carver boys playin records on the dr marten label made him sell up . He is a real nice person & so is his mrs - but be fair it's a great speech for an eBay sale !! I can vouch I looked thru the box and it was 100% original and tasty too !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!