Lost Vinyl Gems Of The 60's Blogsite Update

• 3 weeks later...

My view is that the "all in one go" page gave you a chance to pick and delve, the column is more directive in a sense as we get led by what your last post is. To me its six of one and half dozen etc. Sometimes its nice to pick for myself, sometimes its nice to have some content presented to me. The index on the right still gives me the opportunity to navigate so overall maybe the columns.

Keep up the good work Pete.

Rob

Social source share

My view is that the "all in one go" page gave you a chance to pick and delve, the column is more directive in a sense as we get led by what your last post is. To me its six of one and half dozen etc. Sometimes its nice to pick for myself, sometimes its nice to have some content presented to me. The index on the right still gives me the opportunity to navigate so overall maybe the columns.

Keep up the good work Pete.

Rob

I was thinking though, maybe the all in one page was just too much to take in?

Social source share

I was thinking though, maybe the all in one page was just too much to take in?

Overall I'd agree that the all in one could be a little bit "where do I start?" but did look impressive seeing all those scans together. Columns tips it as I say you can navigate using your index.

On a side note I agree with your thoughts onThe Techniques Go Find Yourself a Fool. I had one tucked away and came across it a few weeks ago. Stuck it on and like you thought how have I forgot about that! Recorded to the PC then burnt to CD and been played at least once a day in the car for the past few weeks.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Hello just to say I just uploaded my blogsite with scans, reviews and youtube clips of the following:

THE BELTONES - WHY PRETEND - DUKE
THE JAYBOYS - ROYAL CORD - PUNCH
MILLICENT MARTIN - GET LOST MY LOVE - PARLOPHONE
BIG DEE IRWIN - YOU SATISFY MY NEEDS - STATESIDE
DAVE WALTON - LOVE AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE - CBS
JOANIE SOMMERS - WHY DON'T YOU DO RIGHT - WARNER BROS
ERIC BARNET - THE HORSE - GAS
KENNY LYNCH - IT'S TOO LATE - HMV
FREDDIE NOTES & THE RUDIES - SHANGHAI - TROJAN
RUPIE MARTIN - DEATH IN THE ARENA - PUNCH
JOE HIGGS - I AM THE SONG - ISLAND
PRINCE BUSTER - DOCTOR RODNEY (BLACK POWER) - FAB
DON DRUMMOND (SKATALITES) - TREASURE ISLE - ISLAND

have a look around, enjoy yourselves, doesn't cost anything :-)

Salvadors and Del Larks snuck in there as well

Social source share

Just had a quick scan at your record label/disc archive.....right up my street......makes a 2D thing almost 3 dimensional.

Brilliant!

Have you only just seen it?  Up until 2 weeks ago, you were hit with the entire 400 or so labels at once and you had to click on the square to read about it.  I only just changed it to the current format.  I'm kicking myself for not picturing a couple of records I had the other day, Frankie & The Classicals (Philips) and Wilson Picket (MGM demo) I know I can get them from anywhere but my rule is that they have to be records in my posession and I sold them on.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
LOST VINYL GEMS BLOGSITE UPDATED TODAY FEATURING:

THE SKATALITES - ISLAND
JACKIE MITTOO & THE SOUL BROTHERS - ISLAND
THE GAYLETS - ISLAND
RUPIE EDWARDS - SUCCESS
THE RUDIES - NU BEAT
THE BLOSSOMS - PAMA
DELLA REESE - RCA
ROBERT JOHN - CBS
THE OUTER LIMITS - DERAM
TIMI YURO - LONDON
GENE McDANIELS - LIBERTY

all with reviews, scans and videos

Social source share

Damn you Smith - that's another hour burnt off when I'm up to mi knackers in jobs to do.

Great site but please don't do anymore updates.

Derek x

I still get the urge to do a magazine or something like that from time to time so this sort of helps me dismiss the idea as folly!

Social source share

Pete

personally I think the site is great, and any improvement could only be made by you if you want to be critical on your self.

Just keep adding more records and info, because that knowledge that is in your head from years of experience of collecting and selling cannot be bought.

It's a real pleasure to read record info like this, top site.

Social source share

Pete

personally I think the site is great, and any improvement could only be made by you if you want to be critical on your self.

Just keep adding more records and info, because that knowledge that is in your head from years of experience of collecting and selling cannot be bought.

It's a real pleasure to read record info like this, top site.

Thanks!

I honestly don't know how I could improve on it apart from to make the tracks or part tracks available for download - but if I did that, they'd shut me down.

Social source share

UPDATE TO MY LOST GEMS WEBSITE..

JACKIE MITTOO - GOT MY BOOGALOO - RIO
DUDLEY SIBLEY - GUN MAN - ISLAND
THE SKATALITES - DR. KILDARE - ISLAND
ALAN DAVID - AWARE OF LOVE - DECCA
PATSY - MAN IS TWO FACED - DOCTOR BIRD
THE SOCIALITES - YOU'RE LOSING YOUR TOUCH - WARNER BROS
DARRELL BANKS - I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU - STAX

all with reviews and sound clip links

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source