Ebay Listings Removed

Mike B

I put a copy of Kell Osborne - Quicksand - Titanic on ebay and it got bounced as being an unauthorised copy - honest guv its an original demo :ohmy: - I can only assume this is because Kell Osborne is similar-ish to Kelly Osbourne as in daughter of bat biting Ozzie and ebay's automatic programme has picked it up as being a possible copy of one of the osbourne family cd's??????

Anyway, has anyone else had seemingly innocent listings bounced by ebay and did you complain to them ?????

Anyone wanna give me 300 for said disc - pm me :yes:

Ebay twats!

Mike

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

when i first started listing on ebay back in 2002 you couldnt list demo's at all - as they were 'not for sale' apparently every copy in existence still belongs to the issuing record company by law!

Then might it help if the seller adopts a strip across their record with their website/email/ebay name (as used by some already)?

I assume it's to help guard against scan theft (used for fake sales later), but could also hide the 'not for sale' text.

m

Social source share

I don't think it's anything to do with it being a demo. More likely to be the "Kellie Osborne" filter, or someting like that.

Why not try advertising it again, but don't inlcude ANY reference to Kell osborne in the subject heading, maybe something like "Quicksand" on Titanic. It should still attract attention from those of us in the know.

Social source share

A mate of mine recently bought 2 Madonna demo/promotional vinyl albums for £40 each....(from our local record store), sold the first one on ebay for £120, listed the second one straight after and Ebay snatched it off! I guess the 'Not For Sale' really does mean something then! :yes::yes:

Social source share

I've had an item removed by Ebay today because in my description I accept cash as well as personal cheque or Paypal in my payment options.!!!!!!!!

Apparently accepting cash as a form of payment by postage is strictly against Ebays policies.The only way it can be used as a form of payment is cash on collection !!!!!!!

What a load of bollocks.I've been listing with the same payment options for years.

Here's what they say.

We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

Sellers may offer to accept PayPal, credit cards including Mastercard/Visa /Amex/Discover, debit cards and bank electronic payments online for eBay purchases. Sellers may also offer to accept bank-to-bank transfers, often known as bank wire transfers or bank cash transfers. Sellers may accept COD (cash on delivery) or cash for in person transactions. Sellers may offer to accept personal checks, money orders, cashier's checks, certified checks and other negotiable instruments.

Sellers may not solicit buyers to mail cash.

For more information on Safe Payments Policy visit the following Help page:

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/acce...nts-policy.html

Social source share

After complaining to them this arrived today:

We have returned your listing

140007931026 Northern Soul rare 45 KELL OSBOURNE QUICKSAND LISTEN!

to the site, where it now appears as an ended item. Additionally, if there were any bidders for the listing listed above, we have emailed each of them the following information:

"After reviewing this listing, we have decided that the listing can be re-listed by the seller. As a result, we have informed the seller that they may re-list their item if they wish to do so. Please feel free to re-bid on this item under the new item number. To locate the new item number, please check the items offered by this seller:

https://search.ebay.co.uk/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=2"

All related fees were credited for the original listing, and you will need to re-list the item for it to show up in the search results and receive new bids. We have also left a note on your file indicating that the error was ours.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

They still didn't say why they had taken it off in the first place though :yes:

If Anyone is interested the relisted item can be reached by clicking HERE

I have also got a load of other auctions finishing today which you can reach through the K Osborne page :P

Social source share

Mike that acetate of Thumb A Ride is definitely Simon Soussan/Soul Fox Strings, but it's not a version that was ever released. Completely different to any I ever heard before.

Interesting Pete - I guessed it might be the Soul Fox version but it didn't sell though so I'm still stuck with it :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert