Turntable, What Do You Think

post-16724-0-61647500-1401821074_thumb.j just lookin on costco website and came across this baby, what do you think ?

Rollover to zoom
Email to a friend Print this Page

Crosley Executive Turntable in Brown

£79.99 (inc VAT)
£66.66 (exc VAT)
Standard Delivery Included *

Item # 169487

Black

Brown
QUANTITY  

Product Details
Specifications
Delivery & Terms*
Designed to reflect the stylings of yesteryear, the Executive USB Portable Turntable easily takes your favourite vinyl and converts them to digital files. Simply plug in the USB cable, play your record and watch as the Executive Turntable creates digital files on your computer. The Executive interfaces with the USB port on any computer utilizing the supplied software — it's that easy. 

Belt-Driven Turntable Mechanism
Plays 3 Speeds 
Portable Audio Ready-Simply Plug In Your Portable Audio Device Or MP3 Player
USB Enabled 
Plays 33, 45 and 78 RPM Records 
Headphone Jack 
Stereo Speakers Auxiliary Input and Output Jack
Specification

Brand: Crosley
Model Number: CR6019A-BR
Kit Includes: Crosley Executive Turntable, AC adaptor
Edited by sheldonsoul
Social source share

attachicon.gifimage.jpg just lookin on costco website and came across this baby, what do you think ?

Rollover to zoom
Email to a friend Print this Page

Crosley Executive Turntable in Brown

£79.99 (inc VAT)
£66.66 (exc VAT)
Standard Delivery Included *

Item # 169487

Black

Brown
QUANTITY  

Product Details
Specifications
Delivery & Terms*
Designed to reflect the stylings of yesteryear, the Executive USB Portable Turntable easily takes your favourite vinyl and converts them to digital files. Simply plug in the USB cable, play your record and watch as the Executive Turntable creates digital files on your computer. The Executive interfaces with the USB port on any computer utilizing the supplied software — it's that easy. 

Belt-Driven Turntable Mechanism
Plays 3 Speeds 
Portable Audio Ready-Simply Plug In Your Portable Audio Device Or MP3 Player
USB Enabled 
Plays 33, 45 and 78 RPM Records 
Headphone Jack 
Stereo Speakers Auxiliary Input and Output Jack
Specification

Brand: Crosley
Model Number: CR6019A-BR
Kit Includes: Crosley Executive Turntable, AC adaptor

Dont bother mate my girlfreind had something similar. It was awful loads of feed back of it cheap build quality ended up throwing it away. If you want something portable these are not bad .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vestax-Handy-Trax-Portable-USB-Turntable-White-/371034792855?pt=US_Other_Pro_Audio&hash=item566365a397

Social source share

Dont bother mate my girlfreind had something similar. It was awful loads of feed back of it cheap build quality ended up throwing it away. If you want something portable these are not bad .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vestax-Handy-Trax-Portable-USB-Turntable-White-/371034792855?pt=US_Other_Pro_Audio&hash=item566365a397

Yeah, but a Handy Trax turntable doesn't look half as cool as the suitcase one.

Edited by Benji
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Yeah, but a Handy Trax turntable doesn't look half as cool as the suitcase one.

You could always put a Handy Trax in a suitcase, there are always loads in charity shops and then you could have that lived in patina without waiting.

Simple.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

From what I can tell by looking at the tone arm, the turntable itself is cheap, nasty and tacky - looks exactly like the ones you see selling for £50 in the back pages of newspapers.  A turd disguised as a gold watch.

Don't even go there IMO - spend just £20 more and get a decent Numark portable instead.

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Was thinking of getting a turntable with a usb outlet. I currently use a yamaha CDR HD 1300 but it means I have to save them to the built in hard disc and then burn them to the built in cdrw.The quality is excellent, but can anyone recommend a decent quality turntable that I can use as part of my hi-fi system but can plug my laptop straight into.

Social source share

As much use as a chocolate fireguard. A portable player that doesn't take batteries, go figure. Tone arm weight is a copper coin held in place by blu-tac.  Guaranteed to gouge styrene records in one play. There are much better low-end contraptions on the market that perform the same functions and actually look like hi-fi separates. Crosley were a serious firm in Chicago after World War Two but are unlikely to gain converts with this model.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was thinking of getting a turntable with a usb outlet. I currently use a yamaha CDR HD 1300 but it means I have to save them to the built in hard disc and then burn them to the built in cdrw.The quality is excellent, but can anyone recommend a decent quality turntable that I can use as part of my hi-fi system but can plug my laptop straight into.

Yes, an Audio Technica AT-LP 1240 USB.

It is one of the 'super OEM' decks that have come onto the market since the demise of the Technics SL1210.

I acquired one last month, it can be found for around £375.

Edited by Soul16
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Surely you can record out of any deck with the red/white cables, via a gadget costing £20, which runs into the pc via USB.  Why spend £375 on a new deck when your old one will do it?

I think you need something more than 20£... I bought a terratec device for around 60£ which is a decent one (between the cheap ones) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TERRATEC-Convert-Records-or-Tapes-to-Digital-Files-/161324680911?pt=UK_Computing_Software_Software_SR&hash=item258fb346cf#ht_44wt_1142

Social source share

Surely you can record out of any deck with the red/white cables, via a gadget costing £20, which runs into the pc via USB.  Why spend £375 on a new deck when your old one will do it?

You don't need a gadget, just cables. At least if your amplifier has a tape-out or similar.

Social source share

Whose Mike Raven?

Radio 1 DJ, had the only soul show

Radio career[edit]

In the early 1960s, still using his real name, he began working for BBC radio, presenting talks and, occasionally, Woman's Hour.[7] However, when his cousin, the Liberal Party politician Oliver Smedley, founded the pirate radio station Radio Atlanta, he joined the station as a disc jockey, broadcasting from the ship Mi Amigo moored off the coast of Frinton-on-Sea. At that point, he began using the name Mike Raven, and presented shows which focused on his love of American blues, rhythm and blues and soul music, of which he owned a large record collection.[7] In 1964 he married Mandy Kilbey, sometimes presenting radio programmes jointly with her; they later had two sons.[3]

With Smedley, he became an active campaigner lobbying Parliament for the legalisation of the pirate radio stations, until Smedley was accused of causing the death of rival radio entrepreneur Reg Calvert by shooting him with a shotgun; he was later acquitted on the grounds of self-defence. Raven then moved to another pirate station, Radio Invicta, which broadcast from a wartime defence tower on a sandbank in the mouth of the River Thames. The station was later known as Radio King and Radio 390.[7] There, he was programme controller and presented a daily R&B show until November 1966.[8]

A compilation album, The Mike Raven Blues Show, billed as "twice voted top pirate radio show", was issued on the Xtra label, a subsidiary of Transatlantic Records, in 1966. It featured recordings by Texas Alexander, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Gus Cannon, Robert Johnson, Speckled Red, Victoria Spivey, Lead Belly, Big Bill Broonzy, Sonny Boy Williamson, Brownie McGhee, Lightnin' Hopkins, and Elmore James.[9]

After working for a short time for Radio Luxembourg, presenting an EMI-sponsored soul show, he joined BBC Radio 1 - the first national radio channel in the UK playing predominantly popular music - for its launch day in September 1967. The Mike Raven Blues Show debuted on the first day of Radio 1, and was a regular feature, usually on Sunday evenings, until November 1971, eventually expanding to a two-hour slot.[3][7][8] Raven was regarded as a leading authority on the subject, and the show was highly influential in promoting the music of African American culture within the UK, being described as "essential listening for every self-respecting blues fan".[4][5][10]

Social source share

Radio 1 DJ, had the only soul show

Radio career[edit]

In the early 1960s, still using his real name, he began working for BBC radio, presenting talks and, occasionally, Woman's Hour.[7] However, when his cousin, the Liberal Party politician Oliver Smedley, founded the pirate radio station Radio Atlanta, he joined the station as a disc jockey, broadcasting from the ship Mi Amigo moored off the coast of Frinton-on-Sea. At that point, he began using the name Mike Raven, and presented shows which focused on his love of American blues, rhythm and blues and soul music, of which he owned a large record collection.[7] In 1964 he married Mandy Kilbey, sometimes presenting radio programmes jointly with her; they later had two sons.[3]

With Smedley, he became an active campaigner lobbying Parliament for the legalisation of the pirate radio stations, until Smedley was accused of causing the death of rival radio entrepreneur Reg Calvert by shooting him with a shotgun; he was later acquitted on the grounds of self-defence. Raven then moved to another pirate station, Radio Invicta, which broadcast from a wartime defence tower on a sandbank in the mouth of the River Thames. The station was later known as Radio King and Radio 390.[7] There, he was programme controller and presented a daily R&B show until November 1966.[8]

A compilation album, The Mike Raven Blues Show, billed as "twice voted top pirate radio show", was issued on the Xtra label, a subsidiary of Transatlantic Records, in 1966. It featured recordings by Texas Alexander, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Gus Cannon, Robert Johnson, Speckled Red, Victoria Spivey, Lead Belly, Big Bill Broonzy, Sonny Boy Williamson, Brownie McGhee, Lightnin' Hopkins, and Elmore James.[9]

After working for a short time for Radio Luxembourg, presenting an EMI-sponsored soul show, he joined BBC Radio 1 - the first national radio channel in the UK playing predominantly popular music - for its launch day in September 1967. The Mike Raven Blues Show debuted on the first day of Radio 1, and was a regular feature, usually on Sunday evenings, until November 1971, eventually expanding to a two-hour slot.[3][7][8] Raven was regarded as a leading authority on the subject, and the show was highly influential in promoting the music of African American culture within the UK, being described as "essential listening for every self-respecting blues fan".[4][5][10]

I was probably listening to Ed Stewpot Stewart at the time.

Social source share

Well you do if your pc / mac has no audio inputs for those leads..

Are there any modern PC's or Mac's out there these days that hasn't got a 3,5mm input and a soundcard?

All you need in order to hook your amplifier via line-out/tape-out to your computer is pictured below (usually costs from £2 for a 1 metre cable and then goes up):

post-1392-0-76278900-1401979983_thumb.jp

If you decide to go via the headphone socket on your amplifier instead you should use this:

post-1392-0-41883100-1401980182_thumb.jp

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Are there any modern PC's or Mac's out there these days that hasn't got a 3,5mm input and a soundcard?

All you need in order to hook your amplifier via line-out/tape-out to your computer is pictured below (usually costs from £2 for a 1 metre cable and then goes up):

attachicon.gifphono15.JPG

If you decide to go via the headphone socket on your amplifier instead you should use this:

attachicon.gif35.jpg

I've got a 3 week old Mac and I can't see one, apart from a headphone socket

Social source share

I've got a 3 week old Mac and I can't see one, apart from a headphone socket

OK. I'm sorry, I just did som research on this. Seems like Apple has gotten rid of the line-in port on their newest machines which is quite remarkable.

In the past you could use the headphone socket on Mac's as a "line-in" by altering the settings in:

>system preferences

>sound

>input tab

>"use audio port for:"

>select sound input from the drop down menu

But that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

But for those with PC's, the cables above should do.

Social source share

OK. I'm sorry, I just did som research on this. Seems like Apple has gotten rid of the line-in port on their newest machines which is quite remarkable.

In the past you could use the headphone socket on Mac's as a "line-in" by altering the settings in:

>system preferences

>sound

>input tab

>"use audio port for:"

>select sound input from the drop down menu

But that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

But for those with PC's, the cables above should do.

This new Mac is sh*te compared to the old one.  Doesn't have a dvd drive either.  Really wish I hadn't sold the old one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!