Nosnibor - Pressing Plant Question

Cleveland Robinson - Love Is A Trap - Nosnibor #1002

The definitive original is a Rite press with their code #14960 on the label/in the deadwax.

Question...does anyone know where the other press for this release was manufactured...obviously not a Rite press, as it doesn't have the dip in the vinyl under the label or their code on the label/name in the deadwax. I believe it has "AR5-43-13 AND "DR"? in the dead wax.

Any ideas appreciated.

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

I have my Palmers mastered at Bell Sound and Sheldon, and als o 3rd stamp insignia that I don't recognise, and pressed at 4 different plants, only Columbia Midwest and ARP that I can recognise, I assume  the 3rd different plant is Rite, as the code looks compatible. 

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Could you post a scan of this?

This could be a Pama custom press. The numbering would read ARS-45-13. That fits into the numbered sequence Pama used. Pama was a pressing plant in Cleveland. A picture of the label and dead wax would allow me to make a 100% ID, as I can tell the font/label design they used for pressings.

Cleveland Robinson - Love Is A Trap - Nosnibor #1002

The definitive original is a Rite press with their code #14960 on the label/in the deadwax.
Question...does anyone know where the other press for this release was manufactured...obviously not a Rite press, as it doesn't have the dip in the vinyl under the label or their code on the label/name in the deadwax. I believe it has "AR5-43-13 AND "DR"? in the dead wax.

Any ideas appreciated.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

And I thought that I was anal!!!

Is that about the thread or do you have a medical condition. :shhh: ? Try p in your search engine for proctology unless Nosnibor is a bum cream as well. :g:

They are quiet similar but the R of the records is in a different place on each record, one under the first apex of the N and the other on the scroll.

post-6504-0-69397400-1401160189_thumb.jp

post-6504-0-71837900-1401160315_thumb.jp

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

I have seen the brown and a purple copy.

Popsike shows 2.

Trick of the scan quality I think Tony...the "brown" is actually a deep purple/maroon colour. :g:

Check out the next post for clearer scans...note the font/layout/lack of a matrix number (left side of label)/no Rite "dip" etc on the Pama copy.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Flynny
Social source share

Could you post a scan of this?

This could be a Pama custom press. The numbering would read ARS-45-13. That fits into the numbered sequence Pama used. Pama was a pressing plant in Cleveland. A picture of the label and dead wax would allow me to make a 100% ID, as I can tell the font/label design they used for pressings.

You may have hit the nail on the head with Pama, George! The font should give the game away:

:thumbup:

post-9555-0-79330400-1401200153_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-35810900-1401200166_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Flynny,

I am sure that is a Pama pressing. The font for address and 'RECORD" part are dead on. The Nosnibor font is a stencil. The number 13 is a missing number in the sequence that I posted the link to below (I made the list with help from friends).

I was not aware of the existence of this until now. I've seen many of the Rite pressings. Many of the Pama pressings are 100 copies or less and are unknown outside of local fanatics. A recent garage 45 discovery was a 25 count pressing. The Rite pressing seems to be from around July 1965. The Pama pressing would be from around the same time, it's likely that this was the first press of a handful and then Cleveland made a much larger Rite press (i'd guess there were 1000-2000 copies of the Rite press).

There are also many Pama pressings that are not numbered.

https://www.buckeyebeat.com/arpama.html

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!